Kindle Love Stories discussion

Books you just can't put down!!

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Duchess Nicole (new)

Duchess Nicole | 34 comments Have you ever spent all night reading a book you just couldn’t put down? I have nights that I seriously don't go to sleep until the wee hours of the morning. Avid listeners of the podcast know that Aestas frequently loses beauty sleep over her books...(4 am, A?)

Do you guys have any books that kept you awake? Do you have authors that you prepare a chunk of time to devote to their book because you just know it's going to be a keeper? I want to know who you think are the Masters of the Romance genre

message 2: by Duchess Nicole (new)

Duchess Nicole | 34 comments Okay, I know I'm a broken record when it comes to Kristen Ashley...my most recent un-put-downable book was At Peace (The 'Burg, #2) by Kristen Ashley ...simply amazing. The hero is quite the jerk for awhile, but I just kept reading because everyone I know was swooning and gushing about Joe Callahan. I just had to see what the fuss was about!!

message 3: by Jo Ann (new)

Jo Ann (jojog) Books I can't put down are: anything by Kristen Ashley. I'll second your pick of At Peace as being one of the best and add Sweet Dreams and Rock Chick Revolution. Recent "can't put down" were Tangled by Emma Chase and Wallbanger by Alice Clayton.
My picks for Masters of the Romance genre: Kristen Ashley, Lisa Kleypas, Robyn Carr, Pamela Clare, Sylvia Day, Julie James, Kris Tualla and Jill Shalvis.

message 4: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Kalthoff (wkalthoff) | 3 comments anything by marie astor. also I love stephabie alurants book. I had to make myself put down A Cedar Cove Christmas (Cedar Cove, #8.5) by Debbie Macomber . I loved this book. I made myself finish it today.

message 5: by Duchess Nicole (new)

Duchess Nicole | 34 comments Jo Ann wrote: "Books I can't put down are: anything by Kristen Ashley. I'll second your pick of At Peace as being one of the best and add Sweet Dreams and Rock Chick Revolution. Recent "can't put down" were Tangl..."

Woman, I've got to agree with all of your authors there...FABULOUS list!!! Though I haven't read or heard of Kris Tualla. I'll have to check her out now, because it seems as if we have very similar reading tastes.

message 6: by Jo Ann (new)

Jo Ann (jojog) Duchess Nicole **Loves Swiss Chocolate** wrote: "Jo Ann wrote: "Books I can't put down are: anything by Kristen Ashley. I'll second your pick of At Peace as being one of the best and add Sweet Dreams and Rock Chick Revolution. Recent "can't put d..."

No one has hear of Kris Tualla!! lol Can't even remember how I stumbled upon her first book but she is an auto buy for me now. Her books are best read in order of publication as the characters are inter-connected.

message 7: by Holly (new)

Holly | 1 comments For continuity, should you read book #1
For You (The 'Burg Series) before At Peace or can it be a stand alone???

message 8: by Jo Ann (new)

Jo Ann (jojog) Holly wrote: "For continuity, should you read book #1
For You (The 'Burg Series) before At Peace or can it be a stand alone???"

Hi Holly! I've read the series (more than once!) and you can certainly read At Peace as a stand alone. You will get a few For You spoilers so if you think you might be interested in the series then start with For You (main characters from At Peace are not in FY). Hope that helps!

message 9: by Duchess Nicole (new)

Duchess Nicole | 34 comments I'm such a stickler for reading order, so I always suggest to read the first book first...buuuuut, Jo Ann is right, you don't HAVE to...the books aren't tied together in any way other than some recurring characters. And to be honest, At Peace was SO MUCH better for me than For You.

message 10: by Duchess Nicole (new)

Duchess Nicole | 34 comments Jo Ann wrote: "Duchess Nicole **Loves Swiss Chocolate** wrote: "Jo Ann wrote: "Books I can't put down are: anything by Kristen Ashley. I'll second your pick of At Peace as being one of the best and add Sweet Drea..."

I'm going to have to do some research then. Her books look really good, and I have recently become fascinated with Colonial and early American romances. Pamela Clare....her McKinnon's Rangers series blew my ever loving mind! Also Ellen O'Connell's stand alones are simply magic...she writes a lot of Native American/cowboy romances.

Though I suppose you already know how amazing Pamela Clare is...:D:D:D:D

message 11: by Jo Ann (new)

Jo Ann (jojog) Duchess Nicole **Loves Swiss Chocolate** wrote: "Jo Ann wrote: "Duchess Nicole **Loves Swiss Chocolate** wrote: "Jo Ann wrote: "Books I can't put down are: anything by Kristen Ashley. I'll second your pick of At Peace as being one of the best and..."
Wow, we really do have similar tastes! I've read two Ellen O'Connell books (Rachel's Eyes and Eyes of Silver) and really enjoy her writing. The Kris Tualla books start out in early 1800's Missouri and then Norway - two places you don't often read about. Tualla paints such a vivid setting that it almost becomes another character in the story. And YEAH Pamela Clare - can't wait for Striking Distance in November.

message 12: by Duchess Nicole (new)

Duchess Nicole | 34 comments If you liked Eyes of Silver, woman...read Dancing on Coals...SUCH an amazing booooook!!!

Okay, I'll for sure read a Kris Tualla book. Can you tell me the first one to start with?

message 13: by Jo Ann (last edited Aug 28, 2013 05:15PM) (new)

Jo Ann (jojog) Duchess Nicole **Loves Swiss Chocolate** wrote: "If you liked Eyes of Silver, woman...read Dancing on Coals...SUCH an amazing booooook!!!

Okay, I'll for sure read a Kris Tualla book. Can you tell me the first one to start with?"

First book is A Woman of Choice. When you're ready to read it let me know and I will loan it to you.

message 14: by Duchess Nicole (new)

Duchess Nicole | 34 comments I will for sure, then. I'm working my way through a pile of arcs but I'll let you know, probably in a couple of weeks. Thank you so much for the offer! I'm really excited! I have a couple other friends who love early American historicals as well, so it will be nice to have a keeper to push on them!!

message 15: by Jo Ann (new)

Jo Ann (jojog) Duchess Nicole **Loves Swiss Chocolate** wrote: "I will for sure, then. I'm working my way through a pile of arcs but I'll let you know, probably in a couple of weeks. Thank you so much for the offer! I'm really excited! I have a couple other ..."
Cool...any time you're ready.

message 16: by Caroline (new)

Caroline Currie | 2 comments What lies within Dark secrets - The Dark Series - Book 1 by L A Miller.

What a great book. I found myself holding my breath in parts then crying and laughing. It had great background elements to lead to the upcoming series. I enjoyed the characters, the fun of the match making and developing of relationships. I would highly recommend this book and can't wait for the next book in the series.

message 17: by Caroline (new)

Caroline Currie | 2 comments Into the Darkness - The Dark Series - Book 2 by L A Miller

I loved the fact that the book gives a bit of background to refresh your memory from What lies within dark secrets' and didn't over do the recap.

the story as with the previous book kept me on the edge of my seat all the way through, just when I thought it would be 'happy ever after' it had another twist still as enthralling as book 1 and twists you couldn't predict.

the characters all have fabulous personalities, I loved the match making side of the story too, so romantic and fun.

I knew reading through the story that there were hidden depths not yet explored thoroughly but reading the epilogue it just wets my appetite for book 3.

thumbs up to the author for keeping things fresh and interesting and I can't wait for the follow ups to come. A definite paper turner.

message 18: by Debbie (new)

Debbie | 2 comments Julia Quinn, Nalini Singh and Julie Garwood books almost always guarantee I'll be up late reading.

Recently I've read pretty in much one sitting books by Susan Mallery and Tracy March.

message 19: by Nadine (new)

Nadine Christian | 2 comments I recently re-read the Twilight series again *dodges a flurry of books*.

My critique group hates the books, but I personally love them. I love the angst, the love, the pace.

Of course I try and put that angst in my own YA, but I don't know if I get that right. I try.

message 20: by Capp (new)

Capp | 1 comments What lies within dark secrets is an awesome book. I had trouble putting it down. I love a good love story that encompasses the love story with background stories. It's not all just fluff.

L. A. Miller is a talented, imaginative writer who knows how to spin a tale. She draws you in and gets you emotionally invested in the characters. I strongly suggest reading this book. It is #1 in the series.