Write What You Want! discussion

Andria's folder > Desperation

Comments Showing 1-50 of 102 (102 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

It was a dark and cold night. The wind made a faint, whispering sound. The trees swayed back and forth, and the frogs and crickets sang their song. The moon was very bright and lit my way. I shouldn't be out here alone at this time. It's dangerous in this town, the town of Assassiner. Even the name is dangerous. It means murder in French, which is ironic to all the murders happening here. I know I should go back home, but Henry is waiting for me at the abandoned library. He needs me. I need him. I quicken my pace and keep my head low. A twig snaps somewhere behind me. In situations like this, you are supposed to keep going and even run. I didn't. I stopped. I waited and strained to hear footsteps, more twigs snapping, ssomething! All was still. All was quiet. I started to walk again. The library was straight ahead. Henry would be at our spot reading a new book. He will look up at me and smile. He will ask what took so long, even though I'm early. That's how it always goes. This time, though, I won't even make it to the steps. A pair of hands reach around and close over my mouth. A napkin drenched in clorophorm causes me to slowly drift out of consciousness, and I don't even get to say goodbye to Henry.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Nice! I'm not the best at scary stories

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Thank you! I'm not either. I'm just winging it lol

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

One book I would recommend for u if u like scary stories is Wait Till Helen Comes by Mary Downing Hahn. I read it and now I'm afraid to look at the cover!

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

and also just an editing thing, when it says, 'I waited and strained to hear footsteps, more twigs snapping, something!' it actually says 'ssomething'

message 6: by Janelle (new)

Janelle  (jj_thompson) | 328 comments Mod
That is great, Andria!:)

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I honestly loveeee Mary Downing Hahn. I read All the Lovely Bad Ones and Deep and Dark and Dangerous. Very good books. The "ssomething part is because of autocorrect. I will have many errors in many of my posts because of it lol

message 8: by Janelle (new)

I will start reading those books then they sound great:)

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Thank you! :) Yes they're great books. I recommend them to everyone. Even if you're 30, they're good books. They're supposed to be children's books, but I think anyone would love tthem.

message 10: by Janelle (new)

I will read them:) They sound great:)

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Thats okay everyone will know what u mean!

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Part 2: I moved to Assassiner two years ago. My father had shipped off to the Army and didn't come back. Where we lived before had too many memories to bare. It was time for a change. It was time to move on with our lives. Mom and I discovered Assassiner and said, "Hey, why not?" We got used to the change of scenery. Back in Gunnersville, the place we lived at before, it was just a big city filled with buildings and wild transportation. Assassiner is just a huge, country town. There are a few buildings that aren't houses such as a diner, the elementary and high school, a bait and tackle store, a market, the new library, and the old library. There's also one gas station. It only took a week for us to hear about the mysterious kidnappings, robberies, and murders. "Never leave the house without permission. I will take you to school until you get your license. Don't talk to strangers. Don't go outside at night." These were the things my mom told me. Though, I've always wondered why we didn't just move if it was such a dangerous place. I broke all of these rules in a matter of months. Just my luck, though, to actually get captured when I break the last rule for the first time. I was always too scared to go meet Henry at night. "Let's just go right after school," I would say. "Oh, Jamie. Are you scared to go out at night? You know I'll protect you," he'd smile and give me a wink. "I know." And I did know. Henry would protect me if I needed him to, but he wasn't there to protect me last night. No one was.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

You read fast lol. Thank you! I'm going to post part three in a little while. :)

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

I wish I could read that fast. It takes me 10-15 minutes to read a page in a book lol

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Part 3: I wake up to find myself strapped into a chair. My mouth isn't covered, so I'm about to scream out for help. Then, a thought occurs to me. If they didn't want anyone to hear me, they would have covered my mouth. No one would be able to hear me. If I scream, they will know I'm awake. They will come. I need to stay quiet. I am a big mystery/crime fan. I should know what to do, right? I take some deep breaths. I'm in a basement. There are two exits, a window and a door at the top of some stairs. There are some tools to my right and what looks to be a freezer on my left. I have blood on my shirt and arm. I don't think it's my blood. It couldn't be my captor's, though. I didn't get the chance to fight back, did I? I can't remember much. Above my head, footsteps clank and pound on the floor. Someone is walking around. No...more than just one person. They're yelling at each other. It's too hard to comprehend what they're saying, but it's obvious they're angry. Something is slammed onto the ground. I cringe and try to calm myself down. The argument goes on for another five minutes. I hear the footsteps heading towards the door. I could act like I'm asleep. I could, but I don't. I want to see their faces. The door slowly creaks open, and you can hear the two men having a hushed conversation. "Why did you take her?" One man asks. "She could be useful," the other says. "Useful! What, you need a helping hand around here?" They stomp down the stairs and stop to look at me.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Haha thank you. Still amazes me at how quick you read. Lol

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

AAAAAAAAAAH i need to catch up andria!!!! ive only read part 1!!!

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Haha oh wow. You guys really brighten up my day. I need to catch up on Janelle's. Dang! I still have to finish reading your stories, Lia!

message 19: by JOIE (new)

JOIE (gijojo) | 18 comments I was hooked very quickly. I want to read more, its very good!! :)

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Thank you! I'm having a lot of fun with it. Hopefully it'll get better. :)

message 21: by Janelle (new)

Amazing Andria!!!

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Thank you, Janelle! I'm going to read your first chapter ASAP! :) I'm so excited to see what's going on with Lyra! :)

message 23: by Janelle (new)

Your so welcome! I am typing up more of chapter one so there's a huge chunk of it for you to read:)

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Great! :)

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Like a private zone where only you can read it? I don't think so. I'll look into it!

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

ok ok ok ok ok I'm all caught up Zoe!!! u can chill now!! Just a Q, Andria, who is Henry? like, her best friend, her brother, her protector, her boyfriend?

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

It'll be a surprise :)

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

from the parts where she mentions henry, he could be any of those!!!!

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

It's a surpriseee :)

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

you're KILLING me!!!!! hey can u make a poll within Write What You Want?

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Haha I know! Are you asking me to make one, or do you want to make one? Members who aren't moderators can make polls, if they want.

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

ok because u could have a poll about Desperation like, 'Who do you think Henry is?' and then have like, 4 or 5 answers!

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

to choose from.

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Notice: Part 4 will be posted at 7:00 (In Alabama that'll be in 9 minutes)

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Ooo good idea, Lia! I'll do it!

message 36: by Janelle (new)

Oh Andria are we still going to like decided and work on a story together??

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

thanks!!

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

sorry if I'm distracting you form your writing with Janella, Andria

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes! Sorry I totally forgot we haven't even discussed it that much. I'm going to make a topic under my folder and it'll say Janelle and Andria: Story Ideas. No, Lia! You're not at all! :)

message 40: by Janelle (new)

Your not distracting us Strawberry! Okay great and it's totally fine.

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

whoops i meant 'janelle, andria' not janella, andria!!! lol :)

what kind of story are you guys thinking of doing?

message 42: by Janelle (new)

Lol it's all good and I'm not sure something mystery and Horror? I think that's what we decided on.

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

I love a good mystery and horror story :)

message 44: by Janelle (new)

:D I thinks that's what were going to be writing and I do too:)

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

from both of the stories u guys are already working on (Desperation, His Dirty Little Secret) its gonna be great!

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

i can tell

message 47: by Janelle (new)

:)

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

Tthank you, Lia! :)

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

Thank*

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

I didn't post when I was supposed to. I'm sorry.

« previous 1 3