Fans of The Hollows series by Kim Harrison discussion

A question about blood for spell quickening

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Adriana (new)

Adriana | 1 comments Spoilers ahoy!

I recently noticed something in my latest re-read of the series. In one of the earlier books, Rachel mentioned that blood has to be fresh in order to quicken a spell. As in, you can't bottle it and save it for later. However, in A Perfect Blood, this is exactly what happens. I can't find the exact point where she says it, and I don't have a digital copy of all the books to check it out. Has anyone else found this/has an explanation? Perhaps the difference is witch blood vs demon blood. If anyone can find the book/page number I'd be eternally grateful :) thanks!

message 2: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginaontheroad) | 69 comments It's in chapter 17. She was talking with Trent and he asked how much blood they got. Then they went to the labs to see exactly what equipment HAPA had possession of :)

“They know how to store it, too,” I said softly. “It’s going to last a good four days.”
“I thought they might,” Trent said, his beautiful voice going soft. “I have something I want to show you downstairs.”

Excerpt From: Harrison, Kim. “A Perfect Blood.” HarperCollins. iBooks.
This material may be protected by copyright.

Check out this book on the iBooks Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/a-pe...