Banned Books discussion

Books banned in Denmark

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ruby (new)

Ruby Emam (goodreadscomruby_emam) Denmark too????

message 2: by George (new)

George King (kinggeorge) | 15 comments "Something is rotten in the state of Denmark."

message 3: by Ruby (new)

Ruby Emam (goodreadscomruby_emam) Stephan wrote: "Ruby wrote: "Denmark too????"

Yes. A decade ago tolerance was a rarity in Denmark, today it is extinct. Often I wonder who or what would save mankind from apathy?"

Having translated two books from a great Iranian progressive writer, Samad Behrangi I am sure it is only a matter of time before mankind shall save itself.

message 4: by Hilah (new)

Hilah Mae | 12 comments Sounds like you are looking for a savior. I have bad news for you. You aren't going to find one. The perfect person doesn't exist. By virtue of being human, they have flaws. Even if they are held in the highest regard, or have the greatest amount of virtue, they still have to make compromises. They still have done things they aren't proud of or things that are hypocritical. Mankind needs to not be looking at each other to save the world. We need to each be looking inwards to save ourselves.

message 5: by Kelly H. (Maybedog), Big Kahuna, Ministry of Illicit Reading (last edited Sep 23, 2013 02:28AM) (new)

Kelly H. (Maybedog) (maybedog) | 623 comments Mod
Hi Stephan,

This information is disturbing. Once again I am glad to live in a nation where freedom of speech is pretty much the highest law of the land. I'd like to include your book in the polls, but I need to find proof that it has been banned. It's not that I don't believe you, it's that many authors have tried to slip their books in because the topics are controversial and they think that counts. The only way I can make it fair is to find proof for each book we put on our shelves. Can you provide me a link to something about it? I can't find anything.

Thank you so much.

message 6: by Ruby (new)

Ruby Emam (goodreadscomruby_emam) Stephan wrote: "Ruby wrote: "Stephan wrote: "Ruby wrote: "Denmark too????"

Yes. A decade ago tolerance was a rarity in Denmark, today it is extinct. Often I wonder who or what would save mankind from apathy?"

What about those authors who show a path to freedom and justice, who believe in the power of people who can change the world if organized and given awareness? Samad Beh-Rang was among those, he lost his life for clearly defining such a path...