Goodreads Authors/Readers discussion

Romance > recommendations please?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Vanessa Eden (new)

Vanessa  Eden Patton (vanessaeden) | 509 comments can anyone recommend a Sifi romance or space opera?

message 2: by Arabella (new)

Arabella Thorne (arabella_thornejunocom) | 354 comments Vanessa you are a busy woman today! (And since I am at my computer working on my second novel...Im here to reply!)

I LOVE SF. A Fire Upon the Deep by Vernor Vinge is aces if you want big space opera.
Ooohhh any thing by Lois McMaster Bujold...her Miles Vorkosigan series has romance danger...they are absolutely stellar. Anything she writes is well thought out.
The Foundation series..at least the original first three books by Isaac Asimov
AWrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle. It's YA but it remains one of my all time favorites
The Devil's Eye by Jack McDevitt. Great tale! Wonderful characters!

Well I could go on and on...lets see what others come up with!

message 3: by Vanessa Eden (new)

Vanessa  Eden Patton (vanessaeden) | 509 comments thank you! yes I haven't been able to sleep, I dread the graveyard shift tonight! ;)

message 4: by Arabella (new)

Arabella Thorne (arabella_thornejunocom) | 354 comments That sucks....well a good book might help! (And I don't mean that snarky...something to relax you..pick up an old favorite or something...)

message 5: by Vanessa Eden (new)

Vanessa  Eden Patton (vanessaeden) | 509 comments I may just do that. perhaps I will pull out Pamela / Shamela. lol

message 6: by Peggy (new)

Peggy Holloway | 393 comments If you have a indle, my time travel is free til the end of the day. http://www.amazon.com/TIME-AGAIN-sequ...

message 7: by Abigail (new)

Abigail Sharpe (abigailsharpe) Dark Future by KC Klein. (On phone and can't link.)

Disclaimer: I know the author.

message 8: by Budd (last edited Jun 18, 2016 10:43AM) (new)

Budd Turner I LOVE SF. A Fire Upon the Deep by Vernor Vinge is aces if you want big space ope..."

Coming late to this party, I'll second that recommendation. Although, I read that first, not knowing it is the second in the "Zones of Thought" series. I've almost finished the first, A Deepness in the Sky". It is a much more complex weaving of several converging epic storylines spanning millennia.