RC Crimson Vixens discussion

Book Club Events

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Julette (new)

Julette (julebarta) | 9 comments Mod
I added our first book club event but would like to add a short history of the past book club meetings that we have had. Does anyone remember when and where the first meeting was? Who started the idea of having a book club? What was the first book? If you can answer any of these questions please reply to this post.

message 2: by Virginia (new)

Virginia Cleveland | 2 comments I think it was September 26, 2012 at Joyce B. house and I think the book was The Gate House by: Nelson DeMille.

message 3: by Virginia (new)

Virginia Cleveland | 2 comments Oh and Joyce B. started the book club.

message 4: by Julette (new)

Thank you! This means the next book club will be our 1 month anniversary.

message 5: by Julette (new)

Book Club Meeting Jan. 23rd. at 6:30pm at the home of Empress of the Inland Empire.
Book: The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows. Book was Chosen by Joy Morrison.

message 6: by Julette (last edited Aug 28, 2013 07:31PM) (new)

Book Club Meeting March 6th at 6:30 at Joyce B.'s house
Book: "When the Wind Blows" by James Patterson.

Thanks to Janet for hosting our March, Book Club Meeting ,and thanks to Joy M. for the delicious dessert and goodies we all enjoyed at the meeting. Those attending were, Janet, Trisha, Carol, Jule, Joy and myself, after discussing the book " When The Wind Blows" we ended the evening visiting and enjoying each others company.

message 7: by Julette (new)

Book Club Meeting April 17, 2013 at 6:30 pm.
Book: "Water for Elephants"

Jule B served Krispy Cremes for dessert.

message 8: by Julette (new)

Book Club Meeting July 10th at 6:30pm. Tina will host it at her house
Book: "Mirror Image" by Sandra Brown. Here's a little something about it;

message 9: by Julette (new)

Book Club Meeting: August 21, 2013
Book: Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons by Lorna Landvik.
Book picked by Lady Sky Blue "I have not read it, but it was recommended to me by a friend who read it in her book club. I hope we all enjoy it!!!! "

Gin hosted and had a lovely spread of fruit tart, chocolate eclairs, salad, and punch.

message 10: by Julette (new)

Book Club Meeting : October 2, 2013
Book: The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith
Book picked by Countess Rosebud
Hosted by: Empress of the Inland Empire
Lady Blue Sky provided Dessert. There was punch, sweet breads, and wonderful Ham/creamcheese/pickle rollups that the Duchuss of Alchamy couldn't get enough of. Countess Rosebud brought some delicious apples from her tree but was lax in actually making a pie out of them. (joke of the night)

Some ladies had trouble getting into the book but, those that finished it enjoyed the story and are hoping for a sequel.