Better Read Than Dead- YA Books discussion

Recommendations > Dystopia

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Any books you would like to recommend from the dystopian genre?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Dystopian is my favorite genre! I have sooo many! 1. Divergent series by Veronica Roth, 2. Fire Country by David Estes, 3. Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi & my newest favorite series is Possession by Elena Johnson. I think I am overly obsessed with love triangles involving damaged bad boys, great but more boring boys, & awesome adventurous girls who want their cake and eat it too. Haha. ; P

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Have you read.... The Darkest Minds (The Darkest Minds, #1) by Alexandra Bracken ?

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Is it good? I keep seeing it pop up while searching for new books. Just wasn't too sure..

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah I really liked it :)

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks for the recommendation! What kinds of books do you usually read?

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Dystopia, post apocalyptic, contemtorary when I'm looking for a light read...um i read science fiction and some fantasy too. there's more but i cant think of anything at this second. All usually YA.
What about you?

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

The same. I usually read books that are more realistic and a little less sci-fi/fantasy. But I've read a few that I love. Tent City and Fire Country really got me because that's totally what I've been writing about. They beat me to bringing the story to life! Haha.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Cool. I've never heard of Tent City but I'm pretty sure Fire Country is on my to-reads

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

http://simplisticreviews.com/ Check it out! It's a very fast read.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Cool that sounds interesting!
Now going on my to-reads :D

message 12: by Bek (new)

Bek So I am not sure what genre this book is but it seems pretty dystopian to me, Atherton. The first one is called the house of power. It isn't like the Hunger Games or Divergent. It has it's own unique story line.