What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Gay teen romance about a geeky guy who falls in love with the quarterback

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Wren (new)

Wren  (wrenreaders) | 143 comments About a geeky guy who falls in love with the quarter back and no it is not by Jeff erno.

message 2: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
No idea on your book Julia. But if you want a good book with a gay (and kind of geeky) guy as the main character, I'd suggest Smoke and Shadows by Tanya Huff. There are 3 books in this series, which is a spin off of another series by Huff. Tony's ex in this series is the vampire, Henry Fitzroyal, bastard son of Henry VIII.

message 4: by Wren (new)

Wren  (wrenreaders) | 143 comments Tab wrote: "maybe Chance to Dance for YouChance to Dance for You by Gail Sidonie Sobat

Boy Meets BoyBoy Meets Boy by David Levithan"

I think it's the first one

message 5: by Tab (last edited Aug 26, 2013 08:20AM) (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 5006 comments Julia, I found a short descrip of the 1st one:

Sometimes keeping a secret is harder than telling the truth. Ian lives in a suburb where everything's the same. The houses are the same, the cars are the same, and their aspirations are the same. But Ian is different. Openly gay in his bigoted high school, Ian doesn't exactly fit in. But he's not worried - he's been training in dance for a long time and soon he'll be able to leave town and train to become a professional. Then he falls in love with Jess, the high school quarterback…

Does that sound familiar?

message 6: by HJ (new)

HJ Is it Almost Like Being in Love by Steve Kluger? Almost Like Being in Love by Steve Kluger

This is the blurb: A high school jock and nerd fall in love senior year, only to part after an amazing summer of discovery to attend their respective colleges. They keep in touch at first, but then slowly drift apart.

It's a wonderful book!

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39287 comments Mod
Julia, can you confirm that your book was "Chance to Dance for You"?

message 8: by Khaoula (new)

Khaoula (coukiza) | 34 comments ♥★Julia wrote: "About a geeky guy who falls in love with the quarter back and no it is not by Jeff erno."

Is it YA or Adult? does it happen in the future? i mean the guy falls in love with the former quarter back?

message 9: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Has anyone else read "Chance to Dance for You" and can confirm it's the right book?

message 10: by Megatron (new)

Megatron | 3 comments Rainbow Boys by Alex Sanchez?

message 11: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35128 comments Mod
Rainbow Boys by Alex Sanchez - Megatron's suggestion

message 12: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl wrote: "Julia, can you confirm that your book was "Chance to Dance for You"?"

No response in 5 years. Moving to Abandoned.