Goodreads Authors/Readers discussion

III. Goodreads Readers > dinner with a character.

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Vanessa Eden (new)

Vanessa  Eden Patton (vanessaeden) | 509 comments if you could have dinner with a character from any novel...who would it be and what would you ask them?

message 2: by Arabella (new)

Arabella Thorne (arabella_thornejunocom) | 354 comments Wow out of the thousands of books....I actually have never thought about the characters...But I would love to have met Mark Twain in the heyday of his career. What an amazing hit the nail on the head observer of life.

It is strange, I can't think of a character because I guess meeting them feels like an interruption...they have to get on with their tale and I'm just a random distraction!
Claire and Jamie from Outlander?
Maybe Michael Valentine Smith from Stranger in a Strange Land?
Don Diego de la Vega? (Zorro) ?

message 3: by Vanessa Eden (new)

Vanessa  Eden Patton (vanessaeden) | 509 comments Claire and Jamie I thought that too. if I could meet an author it would be Mary Wollstonecraft or Robert Browning

message 4: by Belle (new)

Belle Blackburn | 158 comments Jon Darrow from Susan Howatch's Starbridge series. He was insightful and intelligent but had that mystic thing going on too.

message 5: by Ed (new)

Ed Morawski | 221 comments The robot from 'I, Robot' and Garp from "The World According to Garp' - at the same table! Should be memorable.

The World According to Garp by John Irving
I, Robot by Isaac Asimov

message 6: by Regina (new)

Regina Shelley (reginas) | 135 comments Probably Gandalf or Frodo from Lord of the Rings.

message 7: by John (new)

John Lee (johnleelbk) | 6 comments I would have dinner with the character from my book called, Cassandra. What I'd ask her? "Are you going to kill me?"

message 8: by Vanessa Eden (new)

Vanessa  Eden Patton (vanessaeden) | 509 comments haha gandalf definitely

message 9: by Reed (new)

Reed Bosgoed (ReedBosgoed) | 60 comments Ford prefect from Hitchhiker's guide for sure. Mainly because Ford would most likely turn dinner into a trip across the universe.

message 10: by Arabella (new)

Arabella Thorne (arabella_thornejunocom) | 354 comments Dinner and an adventure! I like it!

message 11: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 2163 comments The Mad Hatter. He'd have me over for tea and I'd have him over for dinner. Will hue be sane? Probably not but it would be interesting!

message 12: by Vanessa Eden (new)

Vanessa  Eden Patton (vanessaeden) | 509 comments oh Justin! Yes mad hatter. I absolutely crack up at the scene where they are having tea. it reminds me of snack time at the nursing home! so tragically funny.

message 13: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 2163 comments I think he'd make a delightful guest!

Geoffrey- I actually mentioned having Hannibal Lecter over as a guest in another thread. Of course that was before I watched Hannibal on NBC. He would invite people over for dinner making elaborate dishes..made you wonder. I think he'd make for a good guest as long as he had no intention of making me his dinner!