Books Stephen King Recommends discussion

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Almeta, co-moderator (last edited Aug 25, 2013 08:14AM) (new)

Almeta (menfrommarrs) | 1094 comments Mod
You Guys, For the last couple of years, I’ve from time to time mentioned the books I was reading (or the music I was listening to, or the movies I’ve been seeing). In the case of Meg Gardiner, a little more is necessary, because her five novels are, simply put, the finest crime-suspense series I’ve come across in the last twenty years.

A message from Stephen King regarding the author Meg Gardiner December 12th, 2006 Stephen King.com

message 2: by Linda (last edited Aug 25, 2013 09:56AM) (new)

Linda Boyd (boydlinda95gmailcom) | 598 comments I read 3 of the Evan Delaney series written by Meg Gardiner, the first one being China Lake this book was really good and I quickly read the next 2. I do want to get back to this author and read more of her books.

China Lake (Evan Delaney, #1) by Meg Gardiner

message 3: by Debra (new)

Debra (debra_t) | 2574 comments Mod
I've read the Evan Delaney series, also and can't wait for the next ones.

message 4: by Debra (new)

STEPHEN KING’S RECOMMENDATION SENDS UNKNOWN AUTHOR TO NO.1 ON BESTSELLER LIST
ABEBOOKS Press Release:
(Victoria, BC – 21 February 2007) Meg Gardiner, a little known crime writer based in the UK, has shot to No.1 on AbeBooks.com’s bestseller list after being recommended by Stephen King - even though her books are not published in the US.

Gardiner and her thriller China Lake, published in 2002, claimed the top spot last week as North American buyers purchased copies from UK-based booksellers through AbeBooks.com.

King praised Gardiner on his website in December and interest in her work, particularly among bloggers, has been growing ever since. He then wrote extensively about Gardiner again in his Entertainment Weekly column published on February 9 where he said he was “staggered” that she was not published in the US. “I mean, this woman is as good as Michael Connelly and far better than Janet Evanovich,” wrote King, who advises readers to start with China Lake - Gardiner’s first book in her Evan Delaney series.

AbeBooks.com primarily serves customers in the US and Canada but it allows buyers to purchase books from sellers around the world.

Another of Gardiner’s novels, Jericho Point, was the sixth most popular book on AbeBooks.com last week. Oprah’s latest self-help recommendation, The Secret by Rhonda Byrne, was in second place behind China Lake despite recent exposure on Oprah’s TV show.

King says this about the Evan Delaney series: "Simply put, the finest crime suspense series I've come across in the last twenty years...your basic can't-put-'em-down thrill rides."

message 5: by Debra (new)

I loved the Evan Delaney series and can't wait for more!

message 6: by Linda (new)

Linda Boyd (boydlinda95gmailcom) | 598 comments I love this series also Debra! I'm sure that SK was instrumental in getting Gardiner published here in the US. She is a really good author. We should read on of her books next year.

message 7: by Debra (new)

“If you read Sue Grafton, Lee Child, Janet Evanovich, Michael Connelly, or Nelson DeMille, you’re going to think Meg Gardiner is a gift from heaven.” —Stephen King

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

China Lake (other topics)
China Lake (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Meg Gardiner (other topics)