The YA Dystopian Book Club discussion

The Darkest Minds (The Darkest Minds, #1)
This topic is about The Darkest Minds
Past Group Reads > September: The Darkest Minds - Spoiler Thread

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Daniela | 429 comments September:The Darkest Minds - Spoiler Thread

This thread is for discussing the book and all the scenes. For this reason, you don't need to mark your spoilers unless you're mentioning later books in the series. In which case use [spoiler] before the text and [/spoiler] after the text, replacing the []s with <>s.

Thank you and enjoy! :)

message 2: by Tex (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tex (Texd) | 166 comments Let's talk about Liam! XD

Hawazen (zonna) I love him

message 4: by Tex (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tex (Texd) | 166 comments Yeah, he's a lovable character. XD

Daniela | 429 comments Hawazen wrote: "I love him"

That makes two of us!

message 6: by Daniela (last edited Sep 02, 2013 03:08PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Daniela | 429 comments Also, I think I'll take this opportunity to say thank you to Taimoor, for introducing this book to me last month :D

Daniela | 429 comments Zu though!

Hawazen (zonna) Oh she is so cute <3

message 9: by Tex (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tex (Texd) | 166 comments Daniela wrote: "Also, I think I'll take this opportunity to say thank you to Taimoor, for introducing this book to me last month :D"

Well, you're most welcome, Daniela! I'm glad you liked the book.

message 10: by Tex (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tex (Texd) | 166 comments To be very honest, I LOVED all the characters (especially Liam and Zu) but Chubs. I didn't like how he was all mean to Ruby.

Hawazen (zonna) I can relate to how protective he was and how he is not good with change

Daniela | 429 comments Yea. He slowly but surely eased up, too.

Hawazen (zonna) wow I can't believe the ending..Liam can't forget her!!!!

Daniela | 429 comments Hawazen! To the extras thread! The link to the Never Fade excerpt is there :D

message 15: by Tex (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tex (Texd) | 166 comments Do you guys think Chubs is still alive and getting a sincere medical treatment?

Hawazen (zonna) :D Thank u Daniela, I will read In Time then the excerpt
Taimoor I think he is still alive, they would take care of him and then probably try to use him either against Ruby or for their plans

Plus he has that special orange blocking out power, they would maybe discover that (maybe not)....but this has to come up eventually even if just to explain why

Daniela | 429 comments I also think they'll nurse Chubs back to health to use him against Ruby. Wether it be to brainwash him and get him to manipulate her or threaten Ruby with hurting him whenever she rebels.

message 18: by Tex (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tex (Texd) | 166 comments Yeah, that makes sense. The closing paragraph of the excerpt from Never Fade filled me wit mixed emotions. I wasn't expecting that Ruby will encounter Liam in the first chapter...

Daniela | 429 comments I feel the same way, and what he said just killed me.

Vikkii Stegen | 7 comments I agree with you both. The first chapter and he's back to wreak havoc on my poor heart, and then for him to use the same line as he did to Ruby back in the camp? Oh good Lord I feel so much heartache for Ruby. Now she will have to see and maybe work with him while he has no memories if them together! I think Never Fade is going to be a long story for my emotions to get through. And I definitely think Chubs is alive! I bet you the four of them will be together again fighting to take down the government their own way.

message 21: by Justine (new)

Justine | 1 comments Yes, Chubs will live, I'm sure he won't die! Plus that unexplained blocking power that he has.. I think the bad guys will use him against Ruby too, somehow.

Oh and Ruby running into Liam like that.. the first thing he said to her kinda killed me too. Can't wait to see how things play out between them. Ruby needs Zu so badly now! The boys can't help her now..!

Alison Morquecho (thebookishcamper) | 525 comments ahhh just finished the darkest minds, I am in total ruins, y ruby y!!!!! erg!!! I loved liam!!!! he was the total best!