The YA Dystopian Book Club discussion

Past Group Reads > September: The Darkest Minds - General Discussion (spoiler free)

Comments Showing 1-42 of 42 (42 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Daniela (new)

Daniela | 429 comments September: The Darkest Minds - General Discussion (spoiler free)

Our September group read is The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken!

The Darkest Minds (The Darkest Minds, #1) by Alexandra Bracken

This thread is for general discussion. Please be sure to mark all spoilers by using [spoiler] before the text and [/spoiler] after the text, replacing the []s with <>s

Enjoy! :)

message 2: by David (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 1040 comments Just read this for the August BOTM in my fan group. It was a really good read!!! Very good world building and a twisty plot ;) Enjoy!!

message 3: by Joya (new)

Joya | 13 comments My friend told me about it! I am definitely going to read it in the very near future:) I have so many books to read!:)

message 4: by Daniela (last edited Aug 25, 2013 10:02AM) (new)

Daniela | 429 comments I also read it this month and agree with David 'twisty plot'. I'm glad that I couldn't really predict the twists which is hard to find in a book these days. Anyone else feel a similarity between The Knife of Never Letting Go? I don't know why I did but I did

message 5: by David (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 1040 comments Nope, didn't get that vibe, but as you know, I'm obsessed with Chaos Walking and nothing can compare!

message 6: by Daniela (last edited Aug 25, 2013 11:36AM) (new)

Daniela | 429 comments I think it was just arriving at a place you thought was supposed to be safe and it turning out to be, well, not. Becaue I can't really think of any other similarities.

message 7: by David (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 1040 comments Gotcha ;) I know what you mean!

message 8: by Kim (new)

Kim (kimreadsthings) Oh yay! I'm so excited to read this one!

message 9: by Vikkii (new)

Vikkii Stegen | 7 comments I'm do glad this one got picked. I'm on it now! =)

message 10: by Katie (new)

Katie | 4 comments I've already read this one but it was so amazing I want to re-read it!!

message 11: by Az (أسماء) (new)

Az (أسماء) | 348 comments I just got it! I just got it! I got it! I got it! Yay!
Okay super duper ready for this xD!

message 12: by Brittany (new)

Brittany (gentlebean) cool, I'm excited to hear what people say about this one! I thought it was great!

message 13: by Daniela (new)

Daniela | 429 comments Yaay Asma :D I may also re-read it with you, Katie!

message 14: by Tex (new)

Tex (Texd) | 166 comments I might reread it couple days before Never Fade comes out.

message 15: by Riya (new)

Riya | 1876 comments Excited for this book! I'm getting it from the library tomorrow, so I'll be able to start right on time!!!

message 16: by Daniela (new)

Daniela | 429 comments Yea Taimoor, that's what I tend to do when sequels are released.

message 17: by Riya (new)

Riya | 1876 comments Same!!!

message 18: by Daniela (new)

Daniela | 429 comments Great minds think alike, guys ;D

message 19: by Riya (new)

Riya | 1876 comments Haha, you know it Daniela!!!

message 20: by Tex (new)

Tex (Texd) | 166 comments Daniela wrote: "Yea Taimoor, that's what I tend to do when sequels are released."

Yeah, it helps refresh the tiniest details of the story plot.

message 21: by Riya (new)

Riya | 1876 comments Taimoor wrote: "Daniela wrote: "Yea Taimoor, that's what I tend to do when sequels are released."

Yeah, it helps refresh the tiniest details of the story plot."

Mm hm, and it makes me more excited to read the next one!

message 22: by Tex (new)

Tex (Texd) | 166 comments Yep! :D

message 23: by Tex (new)

Tex (Texd) | 166 comments Never Fade releases a day before my birthday! :D

message 24: by Daniela (new)

Daniela | 429 comments Wow, talk about awesome birthday present!

message 25: by Tex (new)

Tex (Texd) | 166 comments Yep, and Allegiant releases 6 days after my birthday.

message 26: by Riya (new)

Riya | 1876 comments Got my copy today!! Starting soon :D

message 27: by Hawazen (new)

Hawazen (zonna) I just got it and I will start after work

message 28: by Hawazen (new)

Hawazen (zonna) I reached chapter 10 and so far loving it

message 29: by Daniela (new)

Daniela | 429 comments Glad you're enjoying it, Hawazen :D

message 30: by Hawazen (new)

Hawazen (zonna) Thank you Daniela :D, I can't seem to be able to stop.
Did u start rereading it?

message 31: by Daniela (new)

Daniela | 429 comments Unfortunately no :( I got caught up doing a read and review while reading two other books. I only read it a few weeks ago though so it's pretty fresh in my mind anyway!

message 32: by Hawazen (new)

Hawazen (zonna) Good luck...what are u reading?

message 33: by Daniela (new)

Daniela | 429 comments Just finished Fahrenheit 451 which was brilliant. Now I'm reading The Raven Boys and The War for Banks Island. I'm also really glad I did that read and review, the book I read (The Northland Chronicles: A Stranger North) was awesome! How's The Darkest Minds going?

message 34: by Riya (new)

Riya | 1876 comments Nice Daniela!!! I got an EARC of the second Raven BOys book, so I'm starting my reread of it in the next few days!!! And I'm about to start The Darkest Minds really soon!!

message 35: by Hawazen (new)

Hawazen (zonna) Nice I will add them to my to read list.
Well I am loving the characters and I like the way each new character is being introduced.
This spoiler is for both Shatter Me and The Darkest Minds
(view spoiler) Plus I loved how twists keep coming out of nowhere

message 36: by Hawazen (last edited Sep 02, 2013 02:54PM) (new)

Hawazen (zonna) One more thing I am in chapter 23 and (view spoiler)

message 37: by Daniela (new)

Daniela | 429 comments Oh yea, I'd never noticed that connection to Shatter Me, well spotted! As for your second comment *smiles knowingly* :P

message 38: by Ayesha (new)

Ayesha | 50 comments Is this book similar to Shatter me? Hope that romance doesn't take up majority of the plot.

message 39: by Heather (new)

Heather DeChaume | 46 comments Just got done reading it today and I really liked it. There isn't anything I didn't like about this book, but it didn't completely blow me away. Definitely recommendable, though.

message 40: by Vikkii (new)

Vikkii Stegen | 7 comments Okay that book was incredible! My heart is still reeling from the end of the book but it didn't change my opinion of it at all! I really need to get the next book "Never Fade" as soon as possible!!!!

message 41: by Kameron (new)

Kameron B. Moore | 6 comments Halfway through the book and it is FLIPPIN AWESOME!!!!!!!! can't wait to finish it!

message 42: by Hawazen (new)

Hawazen (zonna) Ayesha wrote: "Is this book similar to Shatter me? Hope that romance doesn't take up majority of the plot."

No not similar to Shatter me in that way at all