paced reading horror and thrillers discussion

Jimmy
This topic is about Jimmy
group reads archive > Jimmy 100% spoilers

Comments Showing 1-50 of 71 (71 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Justin (justineaton) | 3492 comments Mod
novel group read winner

Addy | 1944 comments I'm pretty sure I'll be joining this one.

Scott (ttownscott) Finally. Hope it's worth the wait.

Terri (terrilovescrows) | 13 comments I plan on reading thsi

This book is free right now, hopefully that will help us get a good group going for discussions. Invite anyone you know wants to read it, here's is a link to get it free on Amazon but I will post it in the freebie section as well. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005EZNYSG/?...

Scott (ttownscott) Great timing

I made it to about 15% and I'm not sure what to think yet I didn't know coming in why he had a girl prisoner and now that I do I'm a bit disappointed that it was just a sexualy motivated thing. The story outside of the bomb shelter is moving along Nicely though and I'm hoping that starts getting good like it seems it will. The degradation he is putting her through so far is not enjoyable to read and I really hope he don't rape her, maybe he will fall in love with tina and not want to hurt her anymore but not be able to let her go either because she knows who he is.

Scott (ttownscott) I start this today. Sounds creepy

Matt (nemesis0) | 404 comments Starting today at work in a few minutes. I should have around 25% done before the end of today.

You guys think I should send a broadcast message letting all the less active members know that this month's group read is a freebie?

Scott (ttownscott) That sounds like a reasonable reason for a broadcast. Definitely relevant to the group.

message 12: by Matt (new) - rated it 3 stars

Matt (nemesis0) | 404 comments Ok hit 25% (stuck in the office at work with nothing to do for big chunks of time i got to reading this). It's alright so far. A few different things going on. It's not the worst book by far, but so far it could be more interesting. Hopefully it picks up a little better.

message 13: by Addy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Addy | 1944 comments Just wanted to let you guys know that William's Scraping the Bone is free right now if neone is interested.

Just started this so we'll see.

I think he had a few free ones including flowers of Scotland and text message. Those might not be his though I would have to check.

message 15: by Matt (new) - rated it 3 stars

Matt (nemesis0) | 404 comments Text Message is on of his.

message 16: by Addy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Addy | 1944 comments I'm about 16% in and its interesting to say the least. Wondering where the author is gonna take us next. Being in Jimmy's head is kinda neat. To see how a sick person acts and feels is a perspective I haven't read before.

message 17: by Matt (new) - rated it 3 stars

Matt (nemesis0) | 404 comments Yea, i like that they have multiple people's point of views. I've been reading a lot of books lately that just follow one person's point of view so this is a nice change for the time being.

message 18: by Ash (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ash (ashie) | 1 comments I can't believe this is the group read book, lol... I just got the freebie tip last night, through a FB group, lol
coincidence... ? lol

Matt wrote: "Yea, i like that they have multiple people's point of views. I've been reading a lot of books lately that just follow one person's point of view so this is a nice change for the time being."

Agreed, I always like the multiple points of view novels the best.

message 20: by Justin (last edited Sep 05, 2013 08:20AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

I haven't noticed any.

Scott (ttownscott) I haven't noticed yet either. I am also liking the multiple points of view. There is an interesting element to the story that Tina likes Jimmy but obviously does not know he has Samantha locked up in a bomb shelter.

message 22: by Addy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Addy | 1944 comments I've noticed some but it doesn't bother me.

message 23: by Glen (new) - rated it 4 stars

Glen Krisch | 12 comments I read Jimmy when it first came out. There's an energy to the writing that you don't see too often. The story reminded me somewhat of Ketchum.

Scott (ttownscott) Ok, I can see this book going all kinds of places. Samantha chould end up with the Stockholm Syndrom and like Jimmy. Maybe they will change places and it is Jimmy that ends up being locked up in the bomb shelter. Things could spin out of control and Jimmy could fill the bomb shelter with all kinds of people.

All of those scenarios had crossed my mind plus a few more. And the thing is, whatever direction it go's I think would work. I can't wait to get back to this one.

Scott (ttownscott) After I got past 11% I did notice a few grammar errors. Nothing like some other books I've read recently.

message 27: by Addy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Addy | 1944 comments I'm at 25% so I'm gonna stop. I'm just worried Jimmy's gonna do something to the unsuspecting Tina. He's really a bad dude. Doesn't look good for anyone.

message 28: by Matt (new) - rated it 3 stars

Matt (nemesis0) | 404 comments I don't see this ending well for Jimmy.

Ok just changed it to 50% spoilers. I'm going to try to hit it tonight and comment but I don't read much on weekends so I probably get to it tomorrow

message 30: by Matt (new) - rated it 3 stars

Matt (nemesis0) | 404 comments Read it through 50% yesterday. A bit goes on. I'll wait till a few others get that far before i get more specific.

I'm at 44% so I will get to 50% tonight for sure. I can say right now that I'm not enjoying this anymore at all. It has crossed the line that always bothered me even when I did really like horror and lately I haven't been enjoying horror very much anyway. Im not sure if I will even finish it, but I will go to 50% tonight though.

message 32: by Addy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Addy | 1944 comments I'm gonna try to make it to 50% today.

message 33: by Matt (new) - rated it 3 stars

Matt (nemesis0) | 404 comments I have two stories going right now (this one and one called Fast Lane) that the main character is a bad person and it's kind of a bummer. Neither character deserves any kind of "good" ending for themselves.

yea I hope Jimmy gets killed. I think his brother it's going to figure out what's going on and I hope he kills him.

message 35: by Matt (new) - rated it 3 stars

Matt (nemesis0) | 404 comments Yea i don't imagine Jimmy will survive in the end unless they do a thing where he just gets really messed up and then arrested in the end.

I don't really think his brother will kill him but I do think his brother will figure it out and I do think he will die. Maybe the bullys or Samantha boyfriend will kill him after his brother find out and turns him in our something.

message 37: by Addy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Addy | 1944 comments Does anyone else have certain parts of the book underlined?

message 38: by Addy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Addy | 1944 comments That whole Tina bit was kinda depressing..or maybe I was already depressed..idk. At least it added to the story and made it more interesting, at least for me.

message 39: by Matt (new) - rated it 3 stars

Matt (nemesis0) | 404 comments I'm not big on the Tina and her Mom parts.

I like the parts with tina but im not sure how she will play into the ending yet.

Scott (ttownscott) I got to 30% on the bus this morning. Man I was really rooting for Samantha to get out.

Scott (ttownscott) 41%. Ok, not looking too good for Samantha or Megan...

message 43: by Matt (new) - rated it 3 stars

Matt (nemesis0) | 404 comments Up to 75% now. More of the same. The story didn't take much of a change in this little bit. Megan is getting more and more affected by her captivity and Jimmy is still fumbling around with stuff and Brett is scheming epsecially now that he found the tapes.

Not sure how i'm feeling about the story over all. I think if i were to rate it right now i'd give it maybe 3 stars. Not sure though.

Sorry I hadn't changed the spoilers yet. Matt, feel free to do anything like that if you want to. I am getting my girls in bed and I will do all my stuff in a few minutes including start the poll's

message 45: by Matt (new) - rated it 3 stars

Matt (nemesis0) | 404 comments ah you know I keep forgetting I have admin stuff here. I'm away from computer and on my phone now.

I don't expect you to do it or anything, just letting you know you are always welcome to do whatever.

So how do you think she will react to the tape he stuck in her backpack? I think I enjoyed this section a little more than the last but like you said, not much had changed. It wasn't boring or anything, there was plenty going on just no major developments. I really think his brother is going to figure it out soon though.

message 48: by Matt (new) - rated it 3 stars

Matt (nemesis0) | 404 comments I dunno, i think there is a chance the author will have her like it somewhat. Who knows.

Yea, the way the story is going I see his brother being the one to figure it out. maybe him and that sheriff deputy might end up coming together, but definitely looking like his brother will have a hand in it.

message 49: by Addy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Addy | 1944 comments I'm barely over 50% and slowly losing interest. I'm more interested in the Tina parts than Jimmy himself. Just not alot going on. I may give this a 2 star rating if things don't start happening.

I just finished it about 2 seconds ago, I think I am going with a four star rating but I will wait to review it until this group read is done.

« previous 1