Short & Sweet Treats discussion

Not by Books Alone > Recipes for Foodies

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nancy from NJ (new)

Katz Nancy from NJ (nancyk18) I don't cook that much these days but I do enjoy new recipes should the urge strike me. Tell us about a favorite dish you make or even a cookbook which is your Bible. Ok - there it is the word BOOK. No denying it, they follow us around. LOL

message 2: by LaLaLa Laura (new)

LaLaLa Laura  (laurabhoffman) | 4443 comments Mod
For one, I love no-bake recipes! They are always, always a hit and I have a very good cherry cheese pie recipe I am going to share with everyone on this thread one I find it.

message 3: by Nancy from NJ (new)

Katz Nancy from NJ (nancyk18) LaLaLa Laura wrote: "For one, I love no-bake recipes! They are always, always a hit and I have a very good cherry cheese pie recipe I am going to share with everyone on this thread one I find it."

Great. I think Weight Watchers will love this. LOL

message 4: by LaLaLa Laura (new)

Stuff marshmallows BEFORE you roast them! Chocolate chips, peanut butter cups, strawberries... endless possibilities!

message 5: by LaLaLa Laura (new)

I have been making fruit infused water. I cut up a cucumber, a lemon and some strawberries and leave it in a 64 oz container with water. The next day, it comes out so delicious and refreshing. I feel like a commercial!

message 6: by Lia (new)

Lia Garret | 10 comments I got inspired to do an Irish-themed easy dinner yesterday, and listed the recipes on a blog post, if anyone is interested. I would have made it today, but my daughter is getting a tooth pulled in preparation for braces, so I think today will be a soft food meal! Anyway here's the link: (the Irish brown bread was probably the biggest hit with the family): http://liagarretauthor.wordpress.com/...

message 7: by Lia (new)

Lia Garret | 10 comments Alicia wrote: "It's been a long time since I tried baking bread. Maybe this will inspire me!"

Alicia, it's really easy. I'm no good at making bread that requires a lot of kneading, and I was happy this one needed so little.

message 8: by Kennedy (new)

Kennedy | 5 comments I haven't made it yet but i'm making it today and hope it turns out good it's a lemon thyme cake :)

message 9: by LaLaLa Laura (new)

here is an ice cream sandwich cake recipe from The Duggars. My husband made it for us this weekend and it was decadent!

oo!

Layered Ice Cream Cake

Ingredients:
24 Ice cream sandwiches
8 oz. Cool Whip™
1 Hershey’s™ chocolate syrup bottle
1 Smuckers™ caramel syrup bottle
2 king size Butterfinger™ candy bars chopped up
Layers:
1st layer - 12 ice cream sandwiches
2nd – half of whipped cream
3rd - half of Butterfinger™ bars, Squeeze 1/2 of caramel & chocolate over that.
4th - rest of ice cream sandwiches
5th – Cool Whip™
6th - rest of Butterfinger™, caramel & chocolate
You can freeze this and eat as desired! Yummy! Yummy!
*Makes a 9”x 13” Pan