Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired discussion

Rogue Rider  (Lords of Deliverance #4; Demonica #9)
This topic is about Rogue Rider
Archived: Series Reads > Rogue Rider (Lords of Deliverance #4) by Larissa Ione START DATE: Sept 25, 2013

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Phoenix (Online Elf), Moderator (new)

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 4358 comments

The prophecies were there but no one listened. Until now. They are the Lords of Deliverance and they have the power to ward off Doomsday . . . or let it ride.

Jillian Cardiff came to this remote mountain town to forget the demon attack that almost killed her. Instead, she rescues - and falls for - a gorgeous stranger who has no memory of anything other than his name. Handsome, charming and protective, Reseph seems like the kind of man that Jillian can trust. But with hints of a troubling history of his own, he's also the kind of man that can be very dangerous . . .

Reseph may not know his background, or why he mysteriously appeared in Jillian's life, but he knows he wants to stay. Yet when Jillian's neighbours are killed and demon hunters arrive on the scene, Reseph fears that he's putting Jillian in danger. And once it's revealed that Reseph is also Pestilence, the Horseman responsible for ravaging the world with death and destruction, he and Jillian must face the greatest challenge of all: can they forget the horrors of a chilling past to save the future they both desire?

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

as always, EXPECT SPOILERS!!

message 2: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I'm in , this is the book I'm excited about !

message 3: by Gisela, Moderator (new) - added it

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments Me too! I keep reading just to get all the backstory for this one.

Lauren (laurenjberman) Looking forward to this one too!

message 5: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I'm going to start tonight.

message 6: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments He's supposed to have platinum hair brown or black hair like the covers!

message 7: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I'm going to start chapter 13. I like it so far.
(view spoiler)

message 8: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments This is as good as I was expecting it to be !

** Having a one way conversation with herself **

message 9: by Gisela, Moderator (new) - added it

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments Lol! I'll try to start tomorrow so you won't be alone!

message 10: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Thanks !
I think this is the best in the second series ! I'm on chapter 32

Lauren (laurenjberman) ShoSho wrote: "This is as good as I was expecting it to be !

** Having a one way conversation with herself **"

Sorry, I'm at 65% of Lethal Rider - will probably finish today but then I have some challenge reads to get to before this one.

This question may be a bit spoilerish but (view spoiler)

message 12: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I know who the father is now,do you really want me to answer you question? ;)

Lauren (laurenjberman) ShoSho wrote: "I know who the father is now,do you really want me to answer you question? ;)"

Lol! No, I think I would rather be surprised :0)

message 14: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I finished it last night. one of the best thing about it was that there wasn't a cryptic prophecy in it.

message 15: by Gisela, Moderator (new) - added it

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments Reposting from the other thread:

I don't know if I'll read it. I'm losing my tolerance taste for Ione's writing. I keep feeling that these books could be so much more. I have it on my kindle but can't make myself read it. I think these are to blame for my reading slump... :)

message 16: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments This one is a bit different from the others .
But if you really don't want to read this , switch to Miles He will get you going!

Lauren (laurenjberman) Finally reading Rogue Rider. Did anyone else find it really slow in the beginning?

message 18: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Hmmm, I think I was OK with it. The action started a bit later than other books but they were going lovey dovey and I liked it!

Lauren (laurenjberman) I do like Reseph and Jillian - they seem to have more of an emotional connection that the other couples who were more in lust than in love.

message 20: by Gisela, Moderator (new) - added it

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments Really?! I might read this after all!

Lauren (laurenjberman) Finished and enjoyed it - it's amazing how skilled Ione is at getting you to sympathize with a character who was previously so evil.

I was getting all ready to jump in and read Reaver immediately only to discover that it is only coming out in December :0(

message 22: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Lauren wrote: "Finished and enjoyed it - it's amazing how skilled Ione is at getting you to sympathize with a character who was previously so evil.

I was getting all ready to jump in and read Reaver immediately..."

Yes I wanted his book right away too.