Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired discussion

What Price Love? (Cynster, #13)
This topic is about What Price Love?
Archived: Series Reads > What Price Love? (Cynster #13) by Stephanie Laurens START DATE: Sept. 9, 2013

Comments Showing 1-50 of 70 (70 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Phoenix (Online Elf), Moderator (new)

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 4358 comments

Enter the unforgettable world of New York Times bestselling author Stephanie Laurens, creator of the phenomenal Cynster family. This amazing clan -- and their friends -- is a bold, powerful group of men who let nothing stand in their way when it comes to matters of the heart. And in this, Stephanie Laurens's newest novel, a passionate man and a daring woman confront the ultimate question. . . .

What Price Love?

There is nothing more fascinating than a darkly handsome rake, especially one as controlled and elusive as Dillon Caxton, protégé of Demon Cynster. Despite his dangerous air, Dillon is a man of sterling reputation, but it wasn't always so. Years ago, an illicit scheme turned into a nefarious swindle, and only the help of his cousin, Felicity, and her husband, Demon, saved Dillon from ruin. Now impeccably honest, he guards his hard-won reputation and is the Keeper of the Register of all racing horses in England. His standing and aloofness make Dillon undeniably desirable to young ladies, but despite all the lures thrown his way, he remains uninterested -- his attention unfixed.

Until "Miss Priscilla Dalling" erupts into his life. A stunning beauty, she affects Dillon as no other ever has, but what fascinates him even more is that this tempting young lady is clearly desperate, and equally clearly lying about wanting to see the Register to fulfill the whim of an eccentric aunt.

Lady Priscilla Dalloway will do anything to see what's in the Register -- even lie! Her twin brother, Russell, who had fought with their father and left the family home to work with the finest racehorses, has disappeared. Pris knows that clues to his whereabouts can be found in the tome Dillon Caxton refuses to let her see.

She unleashes her feminine wiles on Dillon -- to no avail. But Dillon is now determined to learn the truth behind her quest. Exploiting the powerful attraction that flares between them, he succeeds in convincing Pris to tell him all, to trust him with her twin's life. Together, Dillon and Pris locate Rus, only to discover that his life is being threatened by the perpetrators of a massive betting swindle.

The time is ripe for Dillon to repay old debts by helping another as he himself was helped. Assisted by Demon, Felicity, and Barnaby Adair, Dillon and Pris embark on a journey riddled with danger -- and undeniable passion -- as they seek to overturn the swindle and expose Rus's deadly enemies. And along the way they discover the answer to that age-old question: What price love?

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

as always, EXPECT SPOILERS!!!

message 2: by Phoenix (Online Elf), Moderator (new)

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 4358 comments reserved

message 3: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 2 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments I'm in!!

Kit★ (xkittyxlzt) | 1416 comments Me too! :D

message 5: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments I'm going to have to think about this one. I don't know what to say when my eyes are bigger than my "buddy read" calendar. ☺

message 6: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 2 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments Lisa Kay, I have that problem with challenges LOL

message 7: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments **chuckles**

message 8: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 2 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I'm in !

message 9: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 2 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments if it fits into my scavenger hunt challenge ,I'll start this tomorrow.

Kit★ (xkittyxlzt) | 1416 comments I started this today at the laundromat and should have plenty of time to read this weekend, so I can take the first set of Qs :)

message 11: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 2 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I'll do the second

message 12: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 2 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I just finished chapter 4 . Am I the only who thinks the descriptions of flick's two eldest children were creepy?
Nicholas a smaller version of demon and Prue and her eyes?

message 13: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 2 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments I don't know. I'm only starting ch 2 LOL

Kit★ (xkittyxlzt) | 1416 comments I'm just about to start ch. 4 after I'm done here on GR, lol.

message 15: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 2 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I finished chapter 6 and read a few pages from chapter 7 and now I'm waiting for the Qs:D

Kit★ (xkittyxlzt) | 1416 comments Kit's Qs for Prologue-Ch 6

1. How do you like Pris so far? And how about Adelaide and Aunt Eugenia? Seems like SL does those shrewd, semi-eccentric old ladies quite well, I think Eugenia seems like she'd be right at home chatting with Gerrard's Minnie and Timms. Do you like how it's the ladies tackling the mystery?

2. And then we have Dillon. Of course he's cut right from the Cynster mold, through and through. In fact, I had to keep reminding myself he wasn't a Cynster by blood. Thoughts?

3. We get to see Barnaby again! Do you think he's going to be a big help in this mystery, or just a small role? Are you happy to see him again?

4. Dillon referenced the previous racing scandal he was involved in (from Demon and Flick's book), but I don't really remember anything about it! Do you?

5. It's still early in the mystery, but do you have any ideas as to what nefarious plot is afoot or who's behind it?

6. How about that chase when Dillon found her observing the Irish horse people, followed by that kiss in the woods? Were you expecting her to do that? I sure wasn't, lol.

7. What do you think of the speed in which Pris and Dillon are groping each other? Are they moving too fast, or is it just right?

8. Demon and Flick are in on it now, not a surprise. Are you happy to see them again, see their brood and all that? They were my favorite couple before we read that sisters' trilogy with the laird. Do you think we'll see more of the extended Cynster clan before it's all said and done?

9. Why was Prue looking so devilishly excited there in the library when Flick invited Pris and crew to tea? It was never explained, and the kid wasn't even at the tea, so what was up with that?

10. What do you think of her losing her brains whenever he touches her? Is it irritating or is he just that good?

11. Oh no, a ball. And they even slip off to the damn conservatory! I'm really starting to think it must be a favorite fantasy for SL or something since she makes em do that so often. Was it just me or were you thinking they were gonna do it? Glad they didn't get caught and have to worry about that social ramifications, gotta get married stuff though.

12. Someone shooting at Pris thinking she's her brother! Did that surprise you? Where do you think her brother is?

message 17: by ShoSho , Moderator (last edited Sep 08, 2013 06:54PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Answers to Kit's Qs for Prologue-Ch 6

1. How do you like Pris so far? And how about Adelaide and Aunt Eugenia? Seems like SL does those shrewd, semi-eccentric old ladies quite well, I think Eugenia seems like she'd be right at home chatting with Gerrard's Minnie and Timms. Do you like how it's the ladies tackling the mystery?

I like her so far but I don't like how she refers to herself as beautiful and I really can't imagine a person as beautiful as Pris. I want to know more about her past and why someone as beautiful as she is not married yet. it seems that she's not totally inexperienced so I want to know more about that too.I like Adelaide and Aunt Eugenia, it seems Adelaide is in love with Rus!
about the mystery , I think they are too obsessed with the the registry book. It doesn't seem that important .

2. And then we have Dillon. Of course he's cut right from the Cynster mold, through and through. In fact, I had to keep reminding myself he wasn't a Cynster by blood. Thoughts?
I think he is an ass! I hated what he did to Pris when he caught her that night and then tied her hands. and I hated that he think the way to make her trust him is to seduce her! How absurd is that?!

3. We get to see Barnaby again! Do you think he's going to be a big help in this mystery, or just a small role? Are you happy to see him again?
Yep , he is fun and I liked that Rus beat him , he's not invincible !He seems to be Dillon sidekick in this one too

4. Dillon referenced the previous racing scandal he was involved in (from Demon and Flick's book), but I don't really remember anything about it! Do you?
Yes I started to remember the story

5. It's still early in the mystery, but do you have any ideas as to what nefarious plot is afoot or who's behind it?
It's not really a mystery,is it? Rus's boss is cheating in the horse racing and Rus is trying to expose them

6. How about that chase when Dillon found her observing the Irish horse people, followed by that kiss in the woods? Were you expecting her to do that? I sure wasn't, lol.
I wasn't either. why people think kissing is a good distraction?

7. What do you think of the speed in which Pris and Dillon are groping each other? Are they moving too fast, or is it just right?
Nope too fast !

8. Demon and Flick are in on it now, not a surprise. Are you happy to see them again, see their brood and all that? They were my favorite couple before we read that sisters' trilogy with the laird. Do you think we'll see more of the extended Cynster clan before it's all said and done?
I like Flick , they were my favorite couple too!Yes it's a given

9. Why was Prue looking so devilishly excited there in the library when Flick invited Pris and crew to tea? It was never explained, and the kid wasn't even at the tea, so what was up with that?
I thought it was creepy !

10. What do you think of her losing her brains whenever he touches her? Is it irritating or is he just that good?
Irritating but at least it's not only on her side , he loses control too

11. Oh no, a ball. And they even slip off to the damn conservatory! I'm really starting to think it must be a favorite fantasy for SL or something since she makes em do that so often. Was it just me or were you thinking they were gonna do it? Glad they didn't get caught and have to worry about that social ramifications, gotta get married stuff though.
ROFLMAO , good point! no I thought he was going to get her to the big O!

12. Someone shooting at Pris thinking she's her brother! Did that surprise you? Where do you think her brother is?
Yes it did surprise me . I'm wondering if the baddie found out it was a woman and she was Rus's sister!
He is still in Newmarket , we'll see him soon

Kit★ (xkittyxlzt) | 1416 comments ShoSho
#1 - Good points all around. She is rather confident in her charms, almost egotistical. I hadn't even thought about why she wasn't married yet, but now that you mention it, exactly, she's a stunningly, startlingly gorgeous Earl's daughter with seemingly no financial probs or anything, so what gives? I was wondering about Rus and Adelaide myself. That would be good, least he won't pop up as hero of a separate book, lol!
#2 - I agree, seduction is not the best way to gain trust. He is pretty damn arrogant, and if Pris was a meeker heroine, I prolly wouldn't like his ways.
#4 - I'm drawing a blank. Was it something about fixing bets or something?
#6 - Lol, and ths way SL writes the scenes, I'm picturing them with their mouths stuck together for like 20 minutes straight the way she describes it. How do they breathe?
#7 - I agree it's too fast, I don't like how they barely know each other, and are obsessed with each other physically already.

message 19: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 2 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Kit★ wrote: "#4 - I'm drawing a blank. Was it something about fixing bets or something?"

They made him deliver messages to the people that were fixing the games .He didn't deliver the last one and went into hiding. something like that!

Kit★ (xkittyxlzt) | 1416 comments Oh, ok, I kinda rember that now, thanks :)

message 21: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 2 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments BTW , did you notice that she's not using her own last name?

Kit★ (xkittyxlzt) | 1416 comments Yes, I did notice that. Sneaky, sneaky...

message 23: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 2 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments Susan's answers :)

1. How do you like Pris so far? And how about Adelaide and Aunt Eugenia? Seems like SL does those shrewd, semi-eccentric old ladies quite well, I think Eugenia seems like she'd be right at home chatting with Gerrard's Minnie and Timms. Do you like how it's the ladies tackling the mystery? honestly, I'm not really liking her at all. She's too hung up on how pretty she is. I've seen some pretty people in my life, but none that make everyone around stop and stare like they're stupid.

2. And then we have Dillon. Of course he's cut right from the Cynster mold, through and through. In fact, I had to keep reminding myself he wasn't a Cynster by blood. Thoughts? yep, very Cynster. He's ok. But really, are
Horse details that secretive???

3. We get to see Barnaby again! Do you think he's going to be a big help in this mystery, or just a small role? Are you happy to see him again? I am happy to see Barnaby again. I hope he plays a bigger role than he has so far.

4. Dillon referenced the previous racing scandal he was involved in (from Demon and Flick's book), but I don't really remember anything about it! Do you? vaguely, even though Flick and Demon's book was my favorite.

5. It's still early in the mystery, but do you have any ideas as to what nefarious plot is afoot or who's behind it? obviously the people at Cromarty's have something to do with it but as to what is going on, I'm clueless.

6. How about that chase when Dillon found her observing the Irish horse people, followed by that kiss in the woods? Were you expecting her to do that? I sure wasn't, lol. nope, wasn't expecting it. I actually skimmed it. It was like five or six pages long.

7. What do you think of the speed in which Pris and Dillon are groping each other? Are they moving too fast, or is it just right? they are moving kind of fast.

8. Demon and Flick are in on it now, not a surprise. Are you happy to see them again, see their brood and all that? They were my favorite couple before we read that sisters' trilogy with the laird. Do you think we'll see more of the extended Cynster clan before it's all said and done? I'm sure we will lol. It is nice to see them

9. Why was Prue looking so devilishly excited there in the library when Flick invited Pris and crew to tea? It was never explained, and the kid wasn't even at the tea, so what was up with that? I'm not sure. Maybe just excited that she knows a little about what's going on and met Pris.

10. What do you think of her losing her brains whenever he touches her? Is it irritating or is he just that good?irritating. Especially since she keeps reminding herself how immune to men she is cause of her beauty.

11. Oh no, a ball. And they even slip off to the damn conservatory! I'm really starting to think it must be a favorite fantasy for SL or something since she makes em do that so often. Was it just me or were you thinking they were gonna do it? Glad they didn't get caught and have to worry about that social ramifications, gotta get married stuff though. I'm glad they didn't get caught. I actually was laughing at them during this...lets kiss until one of us is stupid and reveals all our secrets, but it makes the other notice when we start to pull back to ask questions.

12. Someone shooting at Pris thinking she's her brother! Did that surprise you? Where do you think her brother is? that did surprise me. Especially that it Harkness. I think Rus is near and we will see him soon.

message 24: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 2 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Qs in a couple of hours.

message 25: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 2 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments ShoSho’s Questions for Chapters 7-12

13.Does Colliers’s death has anything to do with Harkness and Cromarty? Who was the “London Gent” , it can’t be either Harkness or Cromarty.

14.Finally he realised that he can’t make her trust him by seducing so he told her about his past! That’s the right way but she turned the table and she seduced him! I’m not liking their interactions, you?

15.I think it’s necessary that we know of her past and experience , when I was reading that scene in the summer house , I thought she wasn't a virgin. It doesn’t make sense for someone without experience to act this way , does it?

16.If she knows her brother this well she shouldn’t doubt him. Her reason for not telling Dillon was that she thought Rus could be involved .But she’s claiming to be close to him. Thoughts?

17.I don’t like the way Pris thinks he’s having sex with her for the payment for the information he’s giving her! She asked him for more information , instead of answering her , they had sex and then he answered her question. I thought it was disgusting!

18.Did you like Rus’s reaction to Pris and Dillon coming together . Was it a true brotherly reaction? I know my brothers wouldn’t act like that.

19.She hasn’t come clean about the last name , do you think this would make a big friction between them?

20. “As it shattered them, battered them, then flung them, boneless, into some
limitless sea.” This reminded me of schnitzels, battered and boneless !

message 26: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 2 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Why do they call Barnaby "The Honorable Barnaby Adair"?

message 27: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 2 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments Isn't it cause he's the third son? Or cause he's in law enforcement? Or just good manners? ;)

message 28: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 2 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments It's seems like a title .

message 29: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 2 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments According to freedictionary.com the title Honorable is a title of respect given to high government officials.

message 30: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 2 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Aha! Thanks:)

How far are you?

message 31: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 2 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments I got mid-way through ch 10 while at the dr with Mallory today. She's got strep throat AND a stomach virus. Doctor isn't sure which came first :( She got 4 different kinds of meds, including a pain med. She'll stay home with my mom tomorrow, I missed today to bring her to the doctor.

message 32: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 2 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Susan (susayq) wrote: "I got mid-way through ch 10 while at the dr with Mallory today. She's got strep throat AND a stomach virus. Doctor isn't sure which came first :( She got 4 different kinds of meds, including a p..."

Aww:( I hope she gets better soon .

We had that going on in our workplace last week! Fortunately I didn't get it!

message 33: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 2 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments Thanks! the stomach virus thing is going around here. It's a 48 hour thing, but she's been not really feeling well since last Thursday. She didn't get nauseous or anything until Saturday morning. She's dragging pretty bad.

Kit★ (xkittyxlzt) | 1416 comments I'm about to start ch 12, making dinner now, will try and get my answers up later tonight. Hope the meds help her get better quick! :)

message 35: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 2 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments Kit★ wrote: "I'm about to start ch 12, making dinner now, will try and get my answers up later tonight. Hope the meds help her get better quick! :)"

thanks! I have a feeling I'm going to end up sick too. I've got a slight headache :(

message 36: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 2 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Susan (susayq) wrote: "Kit★ wrote: "I'm about to start ch 12, making dinner now, will try and get my answers up later tonight. Hope the meds help her get better quick! :)"

thanks! I have a feeling I'm going to end up s..."

Oh no! I know it's really contagious !Take care , Susan

message 37: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 2 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments thanks, ShoSho.

message 38: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Sorry about Mallory, Susan. Hope she is better soon.

message 39: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 2 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments Lisa Kay wrote: "Sorry about Mallory, Susan. Hope she is better soon."

Thanks. We've had a quiet night. We'll see how today goes.

message 40: by June (new)

June (ladyjune) | 315 comments Susan (susayq) wrote: "Lisa Kay wrote: "Sorry about Mallory, Susan. Hope she is better soon."

Thanks. We've had a quiet night. We'll see how today goes."

Oh Susan I hope she'll be much better today, and you don't get sick too, do you?

message 41: by June (new)

June (ladyjune) | 315 comments I forget about Cynster book. I think I might have this one somewhere. But I think I need something very cheerful after such heart-wrenching book. Do you think this book would do?

message 42: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 2 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments Thanks, June. I'm feeling better this morning, so hopefully I won't catch it.

As for your question about this being a cheerful book? I wouldn't call it cheerful, but it's not heart-wrenching and angsty.

message 43: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 2 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments Susan's Answers to ShoSho’s Questions for Chapters 7-12

13.Does Colliers’s death has anything to do with Harkness and Cromarty? Who was the “London Gent” , it can’t be either Harkness or Cromarty.His death probably does have something to do with the whole scheme. Don't know who the London Gent is

14.Finally he realised that he can’t make her trust him by seducing so he told her about his past! That’s the right way but she turned the table and she seduced him! I’m not liking their interactions, you?I'm not either. They are both leading the other on, letting them believe one thing when it's another.

15.I think it’s necessary that we know of her past and experience , when I was reading that scene in the summer house , I thought she wasn't a virgin. It doesn’t make sense for someone without experience to act this way , does it?No, it doesn't. She was acting like she had all kinds of experience. I'm still not liking her very much.

16.If she knows her brother this well she shouldn’t doubt him. Her reason for not telling Dillon was that she thought Rus could be involved .But she’s claiming to be close to him. Thoughts?I like that she's concerned about Rus, but really, she should have come clean about what's going on earlier since there is so much danger involved.

17.I don’t like the way Pris thinks he’s having sex with her for the payment for the information he’s giving her! She asked him for more information , instead of answering her , they had sex and then he answered her question. I thought it was disgusting!YEP! And she's letting him believe it.

18.Did you like Rus’s reaction to Pris and Dillon coming together . Was it a true brotherly reaction? I know my brothers wouldn’t act like that. Did he have a reaction? He was rather bland.

19.She hasn’t come clean about the last name , do you think this would make a big friction between them?For some reason I think it will make a difference. It must, otherwise why hide it?

20. “As it shattered them, battered them, then flung them, boneless, into some
limitless sea.” This reminded me of schnitzels, battered and boneless ! LOL

message 44: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 2 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Isn't this one a bit boring?? I don't like all the redundant things they go through!

message 45: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 2 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments ShoSho wrote: "Isn't this one a bit boring?? I don't like all the redundant things they go through!"

YES!!! I'm so glad you said that. I thought maybe it was me. I'm actually skimming with this one.

message 46: by ShoSho , Moderator (last edited Sep 10, 2013 06:19PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I have a confession to make , I have an addiction to this game
So this week instead of reading WPL?,I have played this before bed!

message 47: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 2 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Actually this has been on the bottom of my to do lists :(

message 48: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 2 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments I'm forcing myself to read this. Everytime I pick it up, I think of other books I'd rather be reading lol

Kit★ (xkittyxlzt) | 1416 comments Kit's Answers to ShoSho's Qs for Ch 7-12

13. Yes, I'm sure Colliers' death is all part of it, maybe he figured out his horses were being used in the scam or something. Dunno who the London gent is though.

14. They're not bothering me really. Sure she's kinda overly self-assured, and he's all Cynster man-ish, but I'm not feeling a real big problem with their interactions. I could go for less 6 page kisses though, lol.

15. She was pretty brazen, though not really that much more than say, Heather or Angelica was I don't think. I rather liked how her deflowering was her on top, outside. More exotic than the usual missionary style in bed. I am rather interested in finding out what her background is though.

16. I thought she was worried about telling Dillon because she was afraid Dillon would think Rus was involved?

17. Yea, I think it's going to lead to that old 'I'm too independent to get married without a twue wuv confession' drama. Sigh...

18. Yea, he seemed rather nonchalant about the whole thing. Maybe he has more pressing issues on his mind? Lol. I know my brothers don't give a rat's ass about anyone I've ever been with, but I guess some brothers in closer relationships with their sisters might be more protective/concerned.

19. Yep, I think he's gonna be mad or irritated when he finds out her little fib.

20. Boneless schnitzels, get your boneless schnitzels here! (said like a baseball vendor, lol) Yes, the purple prose is flowing fierce in this episode of the Cynster saga. I haven't skipped any of it yet, but I did roll my eyes a time or two :)

Kit★ (xkittyxlzt) | 1416 comments I am still at the start of ch 12 actually. We went hiking today, and then to a park with the kiddo, so haven't had any time yet. The rest of the night's not looking conducive to reading either, so will have to catch up tomorrow :)

« previous 1