YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Heartbeat
This topic is about Heartbeat
BUDDY READ: Contemporary/Romance > Heartbeat by Elizabeth Scott -Starting August 30th 2013

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 84866 comments Mod
Life. Death. And...Love?

Emma would give anything to talk to her mother one last time. Tell her about her slipping grades, her anger with her stepfather, and the boy with the bad reputation who might be the only one Emma can be herself with.

But Emma can't tell her mother anything. Because her mother is brain-dead and being kept alive by machines for the baby growing inside her.

Meeting bad-boy Caleb Harrison wouldn't have interested Old Emma. But New Emma-the one who exists in a fog of grief, who no longer cares about school, whose only social outlet is her best friend Olivia-New Emma is startled by the connection she and Caleb forge.

Feeling her own heart beat again wakes Emma from the grief that has grayed her existence. Is there hope for life after death-and maybe, for love?

Mishma and I will be reading this on August 30th.

This book has not yet been released and it available on netgalley here: https://www.netgalley.com/catalog/sho...

Mishma Nixon Can't wait to read it.This is my first Elizabeth Scott book.

me too ☺

Mishma Nixon I've heard that her books are like Sarah Dessen's.

I think I heard that too. I think I have one of her other books but have never read it.

Mishma Nixon Sarah wrote: "I think I heard that too. I think I have one of her other books but have never read it."

I have her Bloom in my TBR.

message 7: by Rachmi (new)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Ah...this sounds an interesting book and I never read Elizabeth Scott books either. I'm going to request it and if they approve, I'll join you guys.

I have Perfect You by Elizabeth Scott Stealing Heaven by Elizabeth Scott Love You Hate You Miss You by Elizabeth Scott As I Wake by Elizabeth Scott .
Hmm, a few more than I thought!

message 9: by Rachmi (new)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments I also have those books, Sarah but never get a chance to read it. Always change to another book when I want to read it. If you love Heartbeat, I think I'm going to try to read one of those books :)

Mishma Nixon Sarah wrote: "I have Perfect You by Elizabeth ScottStealing Heaven by Elizabeth ScottLove You Hate You Miss You by Elizabeth ScottAs I Wake by Elizabeth Scott.
Hmm, a few more than I thought!"

The blurbs sound interesting.I've been searching for a good contemporary romance,maybe I need to check out her books.

I need to read some books that I have already bought perhaps! If this good I will have to read some of these!

Rachmi wrote: "I also have those books, Sarah but never get a chance to read it. Always change to another book when I want to read it. If you love Heartbeat, I think I'm going to try to read one of those books :)"

If I like this maybe we can buddy read some of these other ones. I think most of them are quite short.

message 13: by Rachmi (new)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments okay, I'm waiting for your thought about this one, in case Harlequin Teen decline me :)

Agree with you, we definitely need to read books that we have already bought, instead of put it on tbr forever since we keep buy and request books :D

message 14: by Sarah Elizabeth (last edited Aug 30, 2013 04:27AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

4% (view spoiler)

8% (view spoiler)

11% (view spoiler)

message 17: by Sarah Elizabeth (last edited Aug 30, 2013 04:41AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

15% (view spoiler)

16% (view spoiler)

21% (view spoiler)

This book is sad :(

60% (view spoiler)