City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) City of Bones question

New Adult books
Maria Maria Aug 25, 2013 03:49AM
I'm looking for older fantasy/paranormal books that are similar to say Cassandra Clare, Lauren Oliver, Jana Oliver etc. I've been looking but can't find anything that stands out. Thank you in advance.

One of my favorite series is Hollows Series by Kim Harrison. It's more urban fantasy, but I think it's even better than Cassandra Clare. Definitely not YA

Fever Series by Karen Marie Moning

I wanted to compare books with you to see if my suggestions would be relevant as I've not read any of those authors that you've listed.

If you want a books with an older feel to them then I would suggest reading Young Adult novels in the epic fantasy genre. (I don't read YA that much so I don't have a lot to suggest in that area)
All of the ones that I've suggested have romance in, by the way. Also keep in mind that it's worth looking at other books by author's that I've suggested.

YA fantasy:
Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1) by Sarah J. Maas Poison Study (Study, #1) by Maria V. Snyder Fire (Graceling Realm, #2) by Kristin Cashore

YA paranormal romance
Insatiable (Insatiable, #1) by Meg Cabot Other books like Shiver, Vampire Academy, Fallen and so on.
'The Summoning' and 'My Soul to Take' by Kelley Armstrong may also be of interest to you.

I'm also going to throw these in here just in case they take your fancy. They're adult fiction and I'll group them the best way that I can.

Epic fantasy with paranormal creatures
Dhampir (The Noble Dead Saga, Series 1, #1) by Barb Hendee Morrigan's Cross by Nora Roberts

Paranormal romance
Dragon Bound (Elder Races #1) by Thea Harrison Tempest Rising (Jane True, #1) by Nicole Peeler

Kathy Love I've suggested Kathy Love as an author because I wouldn't know what books to suggest as I've only read two books by her. She has paranormal romance but also a few contemporary romance.

Maria Sarah J. Maas book sounds interesting, plus she's currently writing a New Adult book which would be good. Nicole Peeler sounds interesting as well. Th ...more
Aug 26, 2013 04:22AM · flag
Izzy You're welcome. I am a little unsure whether they would be your thing but I thought these books would be a good starting point. ...more
Aug 29, 2013 09:30AM · flag