The Tempie Rosenthal Series discussion

Vampires vs Zombies

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Trista (new)

Trista Borgwardt (tristamborgwardt) | 17 comments Mod
What is your opinion on vampires vs zombies? Who would win the battle? Can a vampire turn into a zombie? Why or why not? Would a zombie eat vampires? Why or why not? Feel free to be as creative as you want!

message 2: by Glyn (new)

Glyn Gardner | 4 comments Vampires would be totally immune to zombies, unless the zombie could literally destroy the vampire.
1. Vampires are immune to disease. The zombie plague is s disease. It in and of itself wouldn't turn a vampire.
2. Vampires would not feed on zombies. They need fresh blood, not blood from the dead.
3. A vampire is fast, smart, and immune to zombie bites. It's a no brainier to this zombie author.
A vampire will win against a zombie. It will win against several zombies. But in the end, when the humans are all walking deaf, the Bampires will starve to death while rotting death still roams the earth.

message 3: by Trista (new)

Glyn-
I love all of the great points that you made! I agree that a vampire would definitely win against zombies with their superhuman speed and strength. The concern of course is that the vampires would starve to death with a lack of fresh blood and therefore would ultimately be defeated while the zombies still roamed free.

message 4: by Glyn (new)

Glyn Gardner | 4 comments You kinda pitched that one into my wheelhouse.

message 5: by Trista (new)

I wonder though, would zombies even attempt to attack vampires? I think not since the vamps are already dead and wouldn't have an appealing scent to the zombies. Do you agree or do you have a different theory?

message 6: by Glyn (new)

Glyn Gardner | 4 comments I've always seen zombies as visual hunters. I'm not sure how much smell plays into it. I definitely don't buy the WWZ- they can smell disease thing.
I guess they could use scent as a screening to decide food/ not food. Vampires definitely don't smell of decay. So, a zombie might view them as moving, and not dead: food.

message 7: by Trista (new)

I sure like your theory and it stands to reason the movement/sound would attract them more than scent. Zombies are dumb enough they probably wouldn't know the difference!

message 8: by Glyn (new)

Glyn Gardner | 4 comments Just walking around looking to bite something and spread their disease.

message 9: by Trista (new)

Hahaha! Isn't that the truth!