Future Wastelands discussion

buying, loans, free ebooks, etc > Can anyone help me ID this book?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bob (new)

Bob (armycop) | 4 comments This is my first posting here so apologies if it's in the incorrect folder.

It was a thin-ish paperback, couple hundred pages. Dealt with humanity suddenly dying off with the exception of those people who were descended from people who had the Spanish Influenza (1919-20) who were somehow immune. It was found that these people were the "next" stage in human evolution. The main character is a girl who is travelling (but I can't remember where to or why).
I thought it was called The Walk or The Long Walk but it isn't the novel The Walk by Lee Goldberg or Stephen King's The Long Walk. I'm not even 100% sure it had "walk" in the title but that's what keeps coming back to me when I think about it.

I've gone through Amazon, B&N, Goodreads, all looking at lists and descriptions to no avail. I've also posted to the dystopianbooks Reddit group who offered a lot of good suggestions but also no joy.

Any bells being rung? Thanks in advance!

message 2: by Bethany (new)

Bethany (justbethany) Do you remember anything else about the book? Anything about the characters, like their names? Or maybe a quote or something?

message 3: by Bob (new)

Bob (armycop) | 4 comments The main protagonist was a younger girl, early teens. She was very close to her grandfather. I believe the story is told from the viewpoint of their journey after the die off.

I read it perhaps 15-20 years ago so the memories are vague. But it also helps that it was published during a time when there were fewer dystopian novel out there.

message 4: by Bethany (new)

Bethany (justbethany) I can't find anything. I've tried looking it up multiple times.

message 5: by Bob (new)

Bob (armycop) | 4 comments Thanks so much for trying, Bethany! I appreciate the effort!