Indie Book Collective discussion

Facebook Ads

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Darlene (new)

Darlene Deluca (darlenedeluca) | 42 comments Hi,
Anybody have experience with Facebook ads? What's the difference between an ad and a promotion? Worthwhile? Waste of money?

Would love to hear what's worked or what hasn't!

message 2: by L.J. (new)

L.J. deVet (ljdevet) Hi Darlene.

I've tried many different Facebook ads. In general, they haven't made much of a difference at all. I do like the 'Boost Post' option (promoting a single post), but in saying that, it never did work as well as I had hoped.

message 3: by Darlene (new)

Darlene Deluca (darlenedeluca) | 42 comments L.J. wrote: "Hi Darlene.

I've tried many different Facebook ads. In general, they haven't made much of a difference at all. I do like the 'Boost Post' option (promoting a single post), but in saying that, it n..."

Thanks, L.J. I did go ahead and try one of each. Looks to me like the "boost post" option was actually seen by more people. But I think I've had more clicks from the ad/link. It's all such a mystery. I have no idea who's seeing any of it!!

message 4: by L.J. (new)

L.J. deVet (ljdevet) Hi again, Darlene.

I just completed another 'Boost Post'. This time I targeted my ad to people only in Australia, USA and UK. It was quite the failure :\
It now makes me think: When do I ever click on (or read, for that matter) the ads on my Facebook page...?