~Young Adult Enthusiasts~ discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Writing Contests > September Contest: Forget Me Not

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Valencia, Boss Lady (last edited Sep 02, 2013 10:58AM) (new)

Valencia (empowered) | 1777 comments Mod
Thanks to the July Word List Winner Esther for providing us with this awesome contest!!

For this contest our theme will be Forget Me Not. Your entry will be due by September 14th.

Rules:
1. For this contest you must write a personal narrative, essay, short story, or poem about someone or something you would not want to forget or that you would not want others to forget. You writing must have the words "Forget Me Not" somewhere in it.

2. Here are the word counts for this contest.
Narrative: 300-600 words
Essay: 150-350 words
Short Story: 300-600 words
Poem: 30-70 words
*Note that the first number is the word count MINIMUM*

3. First place will be able to choose our next contest theme and be a judge over that contest. Second place will be able to chose which one of our October reads they want to be Discussion Leader over.

4. You will get points for joining this contest and also for placing 1st, 2nd, or 3rd.

5. Please make sure to save all your writings on your Goodreads page so that it's never lost. Also you will need to post your entry as a link. Here's how: To access your writing page, click on the drop down tab besides Explore at the very top of the page. Scroll down and you will see creative writing, click that. Once that page loads look above the search bar to the right of the page and click on My Writing. Once that loads click on add new writing on the right hand side and write your entry there. After writing you may then post the link to your writing here to be judged.

6. ONLY YOUR POEMS MAY BE POSTED IN THIS TOPIC. The rest must be posted in a link.

7.I will judge for spelling, following directions, humor, originality, and creativity. I will let you know the results 1-3 days after the due date.

message 2: by Valencia, Boss Lady (new)

Valencia (empowered) | 1777 comments Mod
Sure if you'd like to.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.