Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children, #1)
BUDDY READS: ARCHIVED > Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine #1) by Ransom Riggs → Start Date: September 12, 2013

Comments Showing 1-50 of 55 (55 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Kathy | 7950 comments Please join Gisbelle, Tracy and I for the 1st book in the Miss Peregrine series! :)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Woohoo!!! I'm so ready for something scary :)

Kathy | 7950 comments Oh my gosh! Me too...I think! lol! :D

Chelsea (chelc13) | 997 comments This is a fantastic book! I was skeptical at first, but I thought it was definitely worth it in the end :)

Kathy | 7950 comments Cool! Thanks Chelsea! :)

message 7: by Becky (new) - added it

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments If I am not losing my mind by the 12th, I'll be joining you guys!

Gisbelle | 27299 comments lol Becky :)

Kathy | 7950 comments Yay Becky! :)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Are you ready for this one tomorrow, Kathy?

message 11: by Becky (new) - added it

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments I can't join you guys for this one, I'm sorry!

Gisbelle | 27299 comments no worries.

Kathy | 7950 comments Yep! I got my copy and ready to go!

Post every 5 chapters? I haven't even looked at it yet! Are there chapters? lol! :D

Kathy | 7950 comments Becky (Indiana) wrote: "I can't join you guys for this one, I'm sorry!"

That's ok BeckY! I'll miss getting scared with you! :D

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Kathy, yes, there are chapters. 11 of them.

Kathy | 7950 comments Wow! Just 11? So then just post when something happens, I guess?

Gisbelle | 27299 comments That sounds good. Each chapter is kinda long :) I hope it is creepy!

Marjorie DeLuca (marjoried) | 38 comments I'm new to the group and saw this thread. I've read the book and highly recommend it. It is very creepy and the unusual photographs really add another dimension to the story. The beginning draws you right in! I'll join in later when you've read more.

Kathy | 7950 comments Thanks Marjorie!

Gisbelle, I'm not sure of the creepiness! Gah! I'm such a wimp! I hope it's good though! lol! :D

message 20: by Rosa (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rosa (rosaschlumpf) | 630 comments Do you two mind if I join? Looking for something to read and creepy sounds good :)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Marjorie ~ Glad to hear that. I saw mix reviews, so I hope for the best :)

Kathy ~ lol... don't worry :D We'll get through this one together :)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Mandy wrote: "Do you two mind if I join? Looking for something to read and creepy sounds good :)"

Not at all :D We'd love to have more people reading it with us.

Kathy | 7950 comments Mandy wrote: "Do you two mind if I join? Looking for something to read and creepy sounds good :)"

Yay Mandy! Another person to be scared with! lol! :)

message 24: by Rosa (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rosa (rosaschlumpf) | 630 comments Great :) I'll get it on my kindle! Exciting!

Kathy | 7950 comments Gisbelle wrote: "Marjorie ~ Glad to hear that. I saw mix reviews, so I hope for the best :)

Kathy ~ lol... don't worry :D We'll get through this one together :)"

Thanks Gisbelle! lol! :D

Gisbelle | 27299 comments OMG I'm so excited!!!!

Kathy | 7950 comments Me too! lol! :D

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Finished prologue
(view spoiler)

message 29: by Rosa (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rosa (rosaschlumpf) | 630 comments Me too :) love the creepy pics, although they are almost to small to see on my kindle :(

Kathy | 7950 comments Ok I haven't started yet! I'll start in a little bit! I'm trying to finish another book first! :)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Mandy wrote: "Me too :) love the creepy pics, although they are almost to small to see on my kindle :("

The last one freaked me out :)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Kathy wrote: "Ok I haven't started yet! I'll start in a little bit! I'm trying to finish another book first! :)"

S'okay :) Enjoy your book.

Gisbelle | 27299 comments I finished chapter 1
(view spoiler)

message 34: by Rosa (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rosa (rosaschlumpf) | 630 comments I am a few chapters ... I'm liking Jacob as a character

Kathy | 7950 comments Thanks Gisbelle. I'll have to start tomorrow, maybe after work. :)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments finished chapter 2

(view spoiler)

message 37: by Rosa (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rosa (rosaschlumpf) | 630 comments How's it coming along? I'm at chapter 7. Love the ww2 parts. Poor grandpa!

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Still in chapter 3. I'll catch up tomorrow :) So far, I really enjoy reading this book. Too bad, I can't read it at night. Too creepy!

message 39: by Kathy (last edited Sep 14, 2013 03:08PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kathy | 7950 comments I've started finally! Yeah the pics are really creepy! But I wanted Jacob to ask his granpa what peculiar thing he could do! :)

message 40: by Rosa (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rosa (rosaschlumpf) | 630 comments You'll find out :) the love story is very..ummm..odd lol

message 41: by Kathy (last edited Sep 14, 2013 07:16PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kathy | 7950 comments I like Jacob's character too! The old man was really creepy!

Love story? I didn't know there was romance too! lol! :D

Gisbelle | 27299 comments I haven't finished chapter 3 yet.

Kathy | 7950 comments 2 chapters in

Ok, I'm liking it so far! Jacob is a funny guy and (view spoiler)

I'm really scared though...not yet anyway! The pics are really creepy and it's a little instense with the (view spoiler)

But I just watched the book trailer! I don't know why the visual does it to me! But man! It scared me! Really bad! I almost turned it off in the middle of it! Have you seen it yet? lol! *shudder*

Gisbelle | 27299 comments I've never seen the trailer. Maybe I will watch it tomorrow :)

message 45: by Rosa (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rosa (rosaschlumpf) | 630 comments ooooo...I'll have to watch it!!

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Finished. Frankly speaking, I kinda skimmed through the last 50 pages or so. It was not the kind of book I would enjoy. I loved how it started, though.

Hope you guys like it better than I did.

Kathy | 7950 comments 6 chapters in

I was kind of confused about the (view spoiler)

the peculiar children (view spoiler)

Sorry you didn't like it very much Gisbelle, but thanks for reading it with us! :D

Gisbelle | 27299 comments You're welcome Kathy. It was an interesting book. I liked the plot, but the writing was a little slow and confusing.

Time loop (view spoiler)

The children (view spoiler)

message 49: by Rosa (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rosa (rosaschlumpf) | 630 comments I'm all done...interesting read and the pics were neat :) not sure I'll pic up the second when it's out.

message 50: by Rosa (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rosa (rosaschlumpf) | 630 comments And thanks for letting me join you two :)

« previous 1