The Study of the Mind: A Psychological Book Club discussion

Topics of Interest > Child Psychology

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bethanne (new)

Bethanne (bethwriter) | 30 comments Mod
Post here about the study of child psychology. Child psychology focuses on the mind and behavior of children from prenatal development through adolescence. This branch of psychology deals with how children grow physically, mentally, emotionally, and socially.

Iesha (In east shade house at...) (emberblue) So, what changes do you think affect children more as they travel from infant years up into their adolescence years?

message 3: by Maria (new)

Maria | 2 comments Everything, but mostly anything that affects attachment.

message 4: by Maria (new)

Maria | 2 comments Everything, but mostly anything that affects attachment.

message 5: by Empress (new)

Empress (the_empress) Iesha (In east shade house at...) wrote: "So, what changes do you think affect children more as they travel from infant years up into their adolescence years?"

Do you mean like constant movement, changing house, school?

message 6: by Bethanne (new)

In my view, anything that involves attachment, environment, reinforcement, and the child's social ties.

message 7: by Empress (new)

Empress (the_empress) I think this is a great topic. Can we post articles and such?

message 8: by Bethanne (new)

Ellie [The Empress] wrote: "I think this is a great topic. Can we post articles and such?"

Absolutely. You can post links to relevant articles.

Iesha (In east shade house at...) (emberblue) Ellie [The Empress] wrote: "Iesha (In east shade house at...) wrote: "So, what changes do you think affect children more as they travel from infant years up into their adolescence years?"

Do you mean like constant movement, ..."

all the above

Iesha (In east shade house at...) (emberblue) Are we the same people we were at earlier ages (The same person as children to adult hood-for the most part) or do we reinvent ourselves as we grow,develop, and mature? Thoughts and comments of all kinds are welcomed.