Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

ARCHIVES > October Battle of the Books Suggests

Comments Showing 1-40 of 40 (40 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Please post below your suggestions for October Battle of the Books. The first 10 pairs will be put up for voting later.

It's Halloween time, people! So, keep your suggestions scary :)

message 2: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh!!! Love it!!

The Name of the Star (Shades of London, #1) by Maureen Johnson vs Frost by Marianna Baer

message 3: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments The second one looks interesting! Vic and I still haven't decided on what to read on Halloween night yet. Last year, we read The Shining and since we are tough chicks, we thought it was not scary enough :)

message 4: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 7950 comments I loved The Name of the Star (Shades of London, #1) by Maureen Johnson really creppy and so good! I need to look for some books! :)

message 5: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Those books look interesting, Trisha! I think the second one sounds really good!

I will have to look for a pair tomorrow.

message 6: by Tracy (new)

Tracy (tracesoftracy) | 95 comments Does the pair have to be a book everyone hasn't read?

message 7: by Adam (new)

Adam | 180 comments We should do Time riders. I'm reading it right now and I really like it so far.

message 8: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Well since we have many people in the group that would be nearly impossible. So don't worry about who's read it and who hasn't. If they have already they can still vote for which one they liked more! :D

message 9: by Tracy (new)

Tracy (tracesoftracy) | 95 comments I think Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine, #1) by Ransom Riggs and The Space Between by Brenna Yovanoff would be a good match?

message 10: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Tracy wrote: "I think Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine, #1) by Ransom Riggs and The Space Between by Brenna Yovanoff would be a good match?"

Looks perfect to me :) Thanks Tracy!

message 11: by Tracy (new)

Tracy (tracesoftracy) | 95 comments yay! I'm so interested in reading those two (:

message 12: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Me too :) I saw the first one in the store and the pictures are scary!

message 13: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments oooohhh! I read Miss Peregrine's! I loved it! The pictures were great! I have an ebook version, wish I had a paperback!

message 14: by Tracy (new)

Tracy (tracesoftracy) | 95 comments or if most of everyone read that book we could switch it up to Kill Me Softly by Sarah Cross and The Space Between by Brenna Yovanoff lol. Doesn't matter to me (:

message 15: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments I might get one from the library, but Beatrice didn't like it much and I don't want to read another sucky book, you know.

message 16: by Becky (new)

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments I haven't read Miss Peregrines....

message 17: by Adam (new)

Adam | 180 comments Never heard about it

message 18: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Tracy, we are going to put 10 pairs up for voting, so it's ok :)

message 19: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 7950 comments I was going to read it and it came in for me at the library. One look at the pics and that was enough to scare the life out of me! I didn't read it because I'm such a wimp! If I had other people reading with me I would try! *hint, hint* lol! :D

message 20: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Kathy wrote: "I was going to read it and it came in for me at the library. One look at the pics and that was enough to scare the life out of me! I didn't read it because I'm such a wimp! If I had other people re..."

Hint received! lol want to read it together?

message 21: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 7950 comments Yes! I have heard it was so good! It's never on the shelf at work! It was the creepy Santa that did me in! lol!!

Is Oct to late to do it?

message 22: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Next month would be best. October is too late :)

message 23: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 7950 comments Ok! Would 9/12 work? :)

message 24: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Perfect :) Would you mind setting up the thread, please? Thanks :)

message 25: by Tracy (new)

Tracy (tracesoftracy) | 95 comments hey 9/12 is my birthday! reading the two books I picked for a birthday present from you guys would be great! roflolol xD

message 26: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Yay! Happy birthday in advance Tracy :)

message 27: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 7950 comments Happy Birthday Tracy! :)

Yay! I will do that now! :)

message 28: by Tracy (new)

Tracy (tracesoftracy) | 95 comments Gisbelle wrote: "Yay! Happy birthday in advance Tracy :)"

Thank you (:
I'll be 20! I don't even look like it xD

I hope we can come up with some more interesting pairs :D

message 29: by Kathy (last edited Aug 24, 2013 08:08PM) (new)

Kathy | 7950 comments You're welcome Tracy! Ok here is the thread! And anyone else is more than welcome to join! OMG! I'm so excited!

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1...

message 30: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 7950 comments Ok I found a lot of good ones! I narrowed it down though! :)

The Murmurings by Carly Anne West vs The Ruining by Anna Collomore

message 31: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Thanks Kathy! Now we have 3 pairs :)

message 32: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 7950 comments You're welcome! :)

message 33: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare vs Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) by Richelle Mead

~ since both are kick-ass

message 34: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 2834 comments How about Anna Dressed in Blood (Anna, #1) by Kendare Blake vs. Masque of the Red Death (Masque of the Red Death, #1) by Bethany Griffin

message 35: by Becky (new)

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Katherine wrote: "How about Anna Dressed in Blood (Anna, #1) by Kendare Blake vs.Masque of the Red Death (Masque of the Red Death, #1) by Bethany Griffin"

THat's a good one katherine. I couldn't read anna after the sun went down... Youza!

message 36: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 2834 comments I know right? I thought the sequel was even scarier!!

message 37: by Becky (new)

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Katherine wrote: "I know right? I thought the sequel was even scarier!!"

Um yeah... I haven't read that yet, lol.

message 38: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 4400 comments The Farm (The Farm, #1) by Emily McKay vs The Forest of Hands and Teeth (The Forest of Hands and Teeth, #1) by Carrie Ryan

message 39: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin Sheehan | 100 comments All the Summer Girls by Meg Donohue vs. Unwritten by Charles Martin

message 40: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Please vote: http://www.goodreads.com/poll/list/77...

I only added the ones in horror genre. Sorry.