Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Librarian status

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ed (new)

Ed Levesko (levesko) | 1 comments I need to make changes on page featuring my books. I cannot make the changes unless I become a librarian, to which I have applied to become one. No answer yet. How long does it take? I have fulfilled the other requirements such as the number of books I need to list. Some advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.

message 2: by Plethora (new)

Plethora (bookworm_r) | 359 comments Authors are only granted limited librarian privileges. As to the time before answer, it varies depending on their current need.

You can request changes you need made in this group and a current librarian will help.

message 3: by Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) (last edited Aug 24, 2013 06:38PM) (new)

Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) As bookworm said, time to answer varies so will be faster to just request a librarian make changes for you.

Time-wise, keep in mind that generally staff are not very active on the weekends so time on goodreads is in "business days."

Except for work on series and changes against goodreads policies (like deleting or changing existing book covers, duplicating isbn numbers, or editing a book you are listed as a secondary/co-author instead of primary author, etc.) pretty much an author can do anything to their own books that a librarian can do. Authors never have to edit their own books; you are always welcome to have a librarian edit for you.

If you were trying to do a routine edit that the author should be able to do and got the message about having to be a goodreads librarian -- that could be a sporadic bug that even goodreads librarians encounter sometimes. Refreshing stats and setting an edition to be the primary edition are common edits that author should be able to do but a bug sometimes gives the librarian message instead (even if you are a goodreads librarian).

The quick fix for that message bug is to post here to have a librarian do the edit (one or more of them might encounter same bug but eventually works for someone); longer fix - report the site bug to goodreads feedback group, email support@goodreads.com or use the contact form at http://www.goodreads.com/about/contac... .

What did you need help editing?