The Official Chick Lit Group discussion

Gossip > Introduce a WRITER

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Let's have your name, title of book, blurb and cover.

message 2: by Patsy (last edited Aug 25, 2013 03:45AM) (new)

Patsy Collins Patsy Collins
Escape to the Country
Leah is accused of a crime she didn't commit. Dumped by Adam, the man she planned to marry, she escapes to Aunt Jayne's smallholding in the Kent village of Winkleigh Marsh. Heartbroken and homeless, she strives to clear her name and deal with her emotions.

Jayne treats Leah's unhappiness with herbal remedies, cowslip wine and common sense in equal measure. In return Leah works hard for the delicious home-cooked meals they share. She wrestles with sheep, breaks nails and gets stuck in the mud - learning as much about herself as she does about farming. Soon Leah is happy milking cows, mucking out pigs and falling halfway in love with Duncan, a dishy tractor driver.

Back in London, steps are being taken to investigate what's happened to the missing money. It looks as though the real embezzler must soon be unmasked and Leah will have to choose between resuming her old life or starting a new one.

That's when her problems really start.

Escape to the Country by Patsy Collins

message 3: by Patsy (new)

Patsy Collins A Year and a Day

Despite Stella's misgivings her best friend Daphne persuades her to visit a fortune teller. Rosie-Lee promises both girls will live long and happy lives. For orphaned Stella, the fortune teller's claims include a tall, dark handsome man and the family she longs for. Stella doesn't believe a word, so Rosie-Lee produces a letter, to be read in a year's time, which will prove her predictions are true.

Stella remains sceptical but Daphne is totally convinced. She attempts to manipulate Stella's life, starting by introducing Stella to her new boss Luigi, who fits the romantic hero image perfectly. In complete contrast is Daphne's infuriating policeman brother John. Despite his childhood romance with Stella ending badly he still acts as though he has a right to be involved in her life.

Soon John is the least of her worries. Daphne's keeping a secret, Luigi can't be trusted, romantically or professionally and both girls' jobs are at risk. Worse still, John's concerns for their safety are proved to be justified.

John, and Rosie-Lee's letter, are all Stella has to help put things right.
A Year and a Day by Patsy Collins

message 4: by Deborah (new)

Deborah The Smartest Girl in the Room

Nineteen year old Emily wants her college diploma fast, and she's going to get it. But when the perfect night with perfect Mitch leads her to a broken heart, Emily is blind to her vulnerability. When the person she cares about the most is hurt as a result, Emily's ambition gives way to more than a little ruthlessness. She's going to use her smarts to take care of herself and protect the people she loves, and everyone else had better stay out of her way. But shouldn't the smartest girl everyone knows realize that the ones she'd cross the line for would do the same for her?

The Smartest Girl In The Room is Book One in The New Pioneers series.

The Smartest Girl in the Room by Deborah Nam-Krane

message 5: by Kate (last edited Oct 09, 2013 01:03PM) (new)

Kate Bishop (breathebykatebishop) | 2 comments Breathe' by Kate Bishop

Alex thought she had married the man of her dreams: successful, gorgeous, and delighted by her small-town charm. When he walks out six months later, proclaiming to have 'found himself' (with the help of a stunning yoga teacher), she 'finds herself' alone in an unfamiliar city, vengefully drinking through his prized wine collection, living on takeout, and refusing to answer the door. When this fails to cure her broken heart and bruised ego, she reluctantly allows her new friends to intervene. Slowly, Alex learns to define success on her own terms; she discovers the secret to love in all its forms, and the perfect flying crow pose, one breath at a time.

Kristin of the Kate Bishop 3 (This book has three authors.)
Breathe Breathe by Kate Bishop

message 6: by Louise (new)

Wise Louise (louisewise) | 8 comments The Fall of the Misanthrope I bitch, therefore I am by Louise Wise - The Fall of the Misanthrope is a 'dark' contemporary romance from the UK.

Blurb:

Valerie Anthrope has a secret: her love and friendship spreads a deadly curse. She lives by a single rule: keep everyone at arm’s length.

A lifetime of avoiding people has caused her to form a false persona: the bitch from hell. She clings to it by her fingernails but there is one person who can see through it: Lex Kendal, playboy extraordinaire, but he’s too wrapped up in his own arrogance to save her.
Maybe they need one another more than they’d like to admit.

message 7: by Emily (new)

Emily Harper (eharper) | 2 comments White Lies- White Lies by Emily Harper

Blurb:
Imagine standing in line at Harvey Nichols waiting to buy the most gorgeous silk Gucci dress. The only minor problem? You can’t afford it, it's a size smaller than you are, and you have absolutely no place to wear it.
Meet Natalie Flemming: a twenty-something woman working in London for a fabulous shoe-designing firm, but the only thing they let her touch is the company’s tax forms. She has decided to give fate a vacation and takes the task of finding the man of her dreams (or Johnny Depp if he would just return her calls...) into her own hands.
She craves adventure, spontaneity, passion- or will just settle for a decent date.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone. Thanks!

message 8: by Hilary (new)

Hilary Grossman | 4 comments Hi Everyone!
Dangled Carat one girl's attempt to convert the ultimate commitment-phobic man into a doting husband with a lot of help from his family and friends by Hilary Grossman

Blurb:
Hilary had gotten used to dating the commitment-phobic Marc, thirteen years her senior. They had a great relationship—why rush into things? She saw no need to pressure him for marriage, believing that when the time was right, he would propose. But after they had been together for four years, their friends decided to take matters into their own hands, pushing Marc to propose and making Hilary realize how much she really did want to marry the man that she loved. Unfortunately, Marc still wasn’t ready—and their friends’ meddling in the form of a faux engagement party led to a disastrous New Year’s Eve that brought their relationship to an inevitable turning point.

message 9: by Sarah (last edited Dec 28, 2013 01:09PM) (new)

Sarah Phelan | 2 comments Sarah Phelan
Plus One by Sarah Phelan
Forgot to add cover - sorry!
Plus One’s Julia Santos-Rosa must face the big question that anyone who has ever been in a divorce, or even a break-up, must face: “What do I do now?” Days before she is off to coordinate her college best friends’ destination wedding, Julia’s Prince Charming of seventeen years has announced he is leaving her for the Princess down the street, forcing Julia to face all those well-wishers wandering down Memory Lane, all alone. Desperate to keep up appearances while trying to see where her own fairytale went off track, Julia examines those old memories for the real truth hidden behind those tipsy stories of their Glory Days. Fully populated by best friends, old friends, and even, forgotten friends, Plus One is a real, funny, and sometimes, heartbreaking look at where a life full of WhatIfs could have ended up, or even where all those possibilities could be going now.

Loved writing, now I hope you love reading it!

message 10: by G.V.R. (new)

G.V.R. Corcillo | 1 comments GVR Corcillo's romantic comedy "She Likes It Rough"
She Likes It Rough by G.V.R. Corcillo

Can daring adventures with an outdoor extremist give a daydreaming pushover the courage she needs to make her life count for something?

Discombobulated scaredy-cat Lisa Flyte is fed up with letting life walk all over her. Time to get a backbone and really start living life! But how is a shrinking violet like Lisa supposed to get tough all of a sudden after a lifetime of watching from the couch?

Jack Hawkins, that's how. When Lisa finds out that the adrenaline junkie from her MBA classes needs a clueless urbanite to test his top-secret line of beginner adventure gear, she gets the most daring idea of her life: she will be his undercover test dummy if he helps her to become brave on their adventures in the wild.

They strike a deal. But can Lisa use her outdoor moxie in the real world? Will she be bold enough to finally pursue a career she craves or stand up to her bullying family?

And will she get gutsy enough to go after Jack? He's a man who's not afraid of anything...except maybe of falling for Lisa.

message 11: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine Loveit | 4 comments Hi everyone. This is my first novel (200 pgs) - its now 99c on Amazon - here is the link
http://www.amazon.com/Bounce-Down-Qua...

In the genre of erotic/relationship romance, this is the first in a series (can also be read as a standalone).

Brendon is an AFL footballer who advertises on the internet for a submissive. Suzie, a secretary at Homicide Squad, is curious and answers his ad.

Theirs is a story plagued with heartbreak and subjugation, as they each struggle to find themselves; from the thrills of power play to the depths of self-degradation.

They are both inexperienced in the roles they play and as this tragic relationship develops, Brendon and Suzie each realise they want more.

Will Suzie get the respect she deserves and will Brendon finally admit how important she has become?

Bounce Down - 1st Quarter Start of Play (Playing the Game, #1) by Lorraine Loveit

message 12: by Fuzzybutterfly (new)

Fuzzybutterfly | 2 comments The Hypnotist's Love Story

I have to say that I happened upon this author by accident. This was the first book that I read by Llane Moriarty and it was very interesting. The story is about two people the hypnotist and the former girlfriend of her "new" boyfriend. Its told in their both points of view. This is not a spoiler but you actually start to feel sympathy for the ex-girlfriend. And although you may not understand her, you really wish she would just get help. The characters are all very interesting as told from both points of view. And its a book that I would say is a quick read. Because you want to see what happens next. I really enjoyed this book and also her book "The Husbands Secret".
By the way the books all take place in Australia and that is also a key feature of both books.

message 13: by Patsy (last edited Nov 12, 2015 11:11AM) (new)

Patsy Collins Firestarter

Firestarter

Alice has a fantasy. It starts with being rescued by a hunky fireman, involves the kiss of life and ends in him not needing his uniform. At the New Forest Show, Alice is offered an innocent version of her dream. Reluctantly she turns down fireman Hamish's invitation.

Despite Alice's blameless behaviour, boyfriend Tony's obsessive jealousy kicks in. Hamish wants to take Tony's place, but a hoaxer ensures Alice already sees far too much of Hampshire Fire Service. The threat of an explosive sprout surprise, her mum's baking, sister Kate's mind boggling pep talks and the peculiar behaviour of Alice's boss Miles provide distractions.

Is Alice really in danger? What is Kate up to? Can Hamish possibly be as perfect as he seems? It takes Alice masses of wonderful food, disgusting wine, smelly mud, red footed crows and steamy Welsh passion, but she finds the answers. And rethinks her fantasy.

http://viewbook.at/FirestarterFirestarter

message 14: by Kristal (new)

Kristal McKerrington (kristal_mckerrington) | 3 comments Hi,

I really want to share Jason's story with you all. His short story episodes comes from "Calling You Home". Its a great heart warming and touching saga.

Book 1:
Calling You Home by Kristal McKerrington
Calling You Home

Book 2:
Remember Me Calling You Home by Kristal McKerrington
Remember Me: Calling You Home

message 15: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Venn (mvenn) | 1 comments We Owned the Night by M. Venn

Dex Rose and his band have finally hit the big time, they’re living their dream on the European leg of their world tour, until one gig and one girl in a small English city changes everything.

Millie is just a normal young girl, from a small English town trying to kick-start her fashion career whilst enjoying the summer with her friends, when one night changes her life forever! At a gig watching her favourite band she makes eye contact with Dex, lead singer of the band, she feels electricity rush through her body!

Little does she know.
So does he!

Who is this girl?
Are two lives that are worlds apart really about to cross paths?

Read more, watch the promo trailer or pre-order at https://britainsnextbestseller.co.uk/...

message 16: by Jeffrey (new)

Jeffrey Hirschberg (JeffHirschberg) | 1 comments Great group! Thanks for allowing me to post info about my Chick Lit book.

I would love for my book - COMPLETELY INCOMPLETE - to be reviewed, which is a finalist in the Launch Pad's Manuscript Competition.

You can read Chapters 1 - 5 here: https://www.inkshares.com/books/compl...

THE PITCH

The top marriage counselor in NYC falls for her biggest rival as well as the patient they’re both helping. A romantic rectangle.

BRIDGET JONES’S DIARY, THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA, and WHERE'D YOU GO, BERNADETTE in tone.

THE SYNOPSIS

COMPLETELY INCOMPLETE is reminiscent of the Tracy–Hepburn classics of yesteryear.

The story centers on an unlikely couple — Jessica (New York’s most eclectic Psychologist), and Ken (New York’s most conceited Psychiatrist). Both specialize in couple’s therapy... and that’s where their similarities end.

Added to the mix is the city's “It” couple — Ryan and Gina. Jessica and Ken are forced to work together to solve the pair's insurmountable marital problems.

Will Jessica end up with Ryan? Ken? Alone?

Follow her journey in COMPLETELY INCOMPLETE — a fast-paced comedy about four flawed characters and their quest for love, happiness, and balance in their lives.

Thanks for your consideration!

-- Jeff Hirschberg

message 17: by Eve (new)

Eve Barrett | 1 comments Hello, everyone! My name is Eve Barrett and I've written my first chick-lit 'It's Complicated: Confessions of a Modern Day Cinderella'.

Blurb is below,

Welcome to the world of self-proclaimed social outcast Anna who shares her adventures (sometimes misadventures) and her attempts to live a perfectly normal life with her housemate Sarah in a gorgeous flat in South Kensington only to be disturbed by occasional late night flower deliveries by regretful admirers, invitations to questionable parties, and uninvited guests who look too good to bear.

Anna soon meets the likes of David and Gina, questionable elements she can’t quite put her finger on, who have taken on the new hobby of trying to ruin her completely.

Oh, and let’s not forget James who almost runs Anna over with his car and is at the centre of all this chaos.

P.S. There’s London highlife we’re forgetting and they really don’t take well to being so blatantly ignored…it really became one gigantic mess!

Cover from my website, https://evebarrettauthor.com/2016/12/...

message 18: by Gavin (new)

Gavin Ough | 2 comments Hello everyone, my name's Gavin Ough and yes, I'm MALE.

Before you run screaming to the hills, I've got a confession. I love chick lit. Read it. Write it. So if you're interested have a look at my latest book, Poppy's Proposal.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

Blurb.

With a handful of crap GCSE's under her belt, Poppy's resigned to her life in the small Cornish resort of Old Hampton. Her house mate, Rhea, seems to have it all together but for Poppy, life's not quite what she wants it to be.

Until Andrew Castleton enters her life. Tall, handsome and sexy as hell, could Andrew be the turning point in Poppy's life?
Or could it be surf instructor and tanned God Aussie Greg?

Torn between rich and handsome Andrew or muscled and handsome Greg, Poppy stumbles upon a unique proposal.

But the course of love never runs smooth in Old Hampton and even Rhea's plans for global domination appear to be going awry. So what's a girl to do?

I'm not so good at this so got no idea how to add the cover pic - boo.

Drop me a message if you want a review copy.

Gav.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Gavin wrote: "Hello everyone, my name's Gavin Ough and yes, I'm MALE.

Before you run screaming to the hills, I've got a confession. I love chick lit. Read it. Write it. So if you're interested have a look at my..."

Male? :o

:p :p

Welcome!

message 20: by Donna (new)

Donna Hepburn | 1 comments Hi Everyone
My name is Donna, I live in Newcastle upon Tyne and along with writing Chick-lit, tend to read a lot of it too, Check out my author bio for more information and I look forward to getting to know you all
Thanks for reading
Donna x