City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) City of Bones discussion

Which is better The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones or the book?

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

JainL I haven't watched the movie yet but I want to know which is better to know what to expect.

Aleesha The book will always be better than the movie, but the movie was great! Just go in there expecting some changes and knowing the book will always be better and you'll love it :)

Avani Aleesha wrote: "The book will always be better than the movie, but the movie was great! Just go in there expecting some changes and knowing the book will always be better and you'll love it :)"

I agree with this attitude completely!

Christina I also agree with that attitude. I enjoyed the movie (I smiled ear to ear for the majority of it), but I didn't expect it to be better than the book, so I wasn't disappointed.

SHINY (OMG! I Finally get to watch it next week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Madi Book is so much better, the movie is missing a lot and changed a lot. It made me angry but the movie was pretty good.

Courtney I loved the book, so I was really worried that the movie would change the characters personalities and the plot. However, the movie was actually amazing, it was so so good, like Christina said, I was smiling for so much of it, because I was so excited, and because it was so fabulous! The book is better, but the movie is not that far behind!

Katie Definitely the book. Although I enjoyed the movie, the book included some aspects that the movie didn't include, like Simon turning into a rat. And plus the book is always better:)

tatum ♥ Totally the book. The book was longer...The movie missed a lot of parts, also in the movie I didn't really like how Clary said a lot of Jace's parts from the book. But it was still a really good movie..

Darcey I think the movie was just as good as the book

Alhanoof the BOOK <3

amanda clearly the book!!!!!!!!! i didn't like the movie at all!!!

SHINY The book was better, but the movie was also very good!

Rashmika I loved both, but the book was way funnier and had more stuff in it. Both the effects in the movie were priceless

message 15: by Anna (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anna The movie was great, and if you go there knowing that there will be some changes, you'll absolutely love it. That's what I did. But the book will always be better than the movie with all book-to-movie adaptations. But still, the movie was fantastic and I loved it!

Amber I disagree that the book as always better than the movie: example The Princess Bride. I didn't enjoy the book at all (couldn't even finish it) but I absolutely love the movie.

In this case I would say yes the book is better than the movie but the movie is really good too. I am actually thinking of going to see the movie for a second time in theaters.

message 17: by Monsieur Paradox 智 (last edited Aug 30, 2013 09:44PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Monsieur Paradox 智 I haven't yet seen the movie, but in my experience, the book tends to be better than the film adaptation. Naturally, this isn't always the case, so I am open to eventually seeing it and willing to accept modifications if said edits improve or highlight the existing plot and characters rather than overwrite or mutilate them.