Ann Rinaldi Fan Club discussion

Archives > September's Group Read

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tara ♪, Head Mod (new)

Tara ♪ | 77 comments Mod
Well, the results are in! September's group read will be Sarah's Ground. I read this one a year or two ago, so it will be interesting to re-read! The discussion will start on September 1 and last until the 31. Thanks for voting, guys!

message 2: by Charmaine (new)

Charmaine (empress_charla) Thanks, Tara :-) looking forward to reading it for the 1st time :-)

message 3: by Tara ♪, Head Mod (new)

Tara ♪ | 77 comments Mod
I think you'll like it. I remember it as being pretty good. :)

message 4: by Annrinaldifan (new)

Annrinaldifan | 4 comments Has anyone read the redheaded princess? Is it good?

message 5: by Tara ♪, Head Mod (new)

Tara ♪ | 77 comments Mod
I read it! It was very good.

Before that book, my knowledge of Elizabeth Tutor was all wrong... I thought she lived with her dad like a princess. But that's not so! This book was really good. :) I think I might have a review somewhere, let me see...

message 6: by Tara ♪, Head Mod (new)

Tara ♪ | 77 comments Mod
My Review:

Young Elizabeth Tudor is Henry VII daughter, but he doesn't always act like it. Sometimes she's at court, as a princess should be. Other times, however, she's at a country house. At a young age, she was stripped of her title; she became Lady Elizabeth. Now, however, she's back in favor with her father. She has re-inherited her rights to the throne.

Then, her father dies. Her younger brother, Edward, inherits the throne. We are led through Elizabeth's life as her brother dies, the throne is given to Lady Jane Grey, Elizabeth's sister Mary takes the throne back again, Elizabeth is put in exile, she is almost beheaded, and she finally becomes queen. Through it all, Ms. Rinaldi weaves history and her story together masterfully, giving us a thoroughly enjoyable read that will keep readers on their toes. An excellent, fairly quick read. I would definitely recommend it!