She-Geeks discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive > September Reads Announced!

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (xitomatl) As chosen by you, our lovely She-Geeks, we've the votes for September reads are in, and here's what the group has chosen:

Novel
The Name of the Wind (The Kingkiller Chronicle, #1) by Patrick Rothfuss
The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss

Comic
The Invisibles, Vol. 1 Say You Want a Revolution by Grant Morrison
The Invisibles, Vol. 1: Say You Want a Revolution by Grant Morrison, Steve Yeowell, & Jill Thompson

Manga
Battle Royale, Vol. 1 (Battle Royale, #1) by Koushun Takami
Battle Royale, Vol. 1 by Koushun Takami

Reading starts on September 1st!

Kynthos-the-Archer (Kyn) (kynthosyuat) | 5 comments Yay. Battle Royale. I've always wanted to try it. I am a little wary of the potential violence tho. But I will definitely jump into this bandwagon now ;D

message 3: by Tracey (new)

Tracey Name of the Wind is insanely good! I've already read it, but will happily read it again with the group :) He's such a talented author and I can't wait the last book in the trilogy to be released.

message 4: by Ma'Belle (new)

Ma'Belle (linguisticness) | 54 comments The Invisibles was the first comic series I ever bought (the bindings on half of the trades have fallen off at this point), and remains one of my favourites. I'll look forward to the discussions on vol. 1.

I'm also a fan of Battle Royale (the movie), so I'm eager to read the manga (but haven't had a good experience trying to read manga so far). I hadn't heard of the novel selected before, but I might put it on my to-read list for the future.

message 5: by Eleanor (new)

Eleanor (eleanorcroy) | 1 comments Aaargh! I *just* finished The Name of The Wind. Facepalm. You guys will love it.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.