The Official Chick Lit Group discussion

All things Sophia Kinsella > Our queen of chick lit.

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Agree or not? Fav book? Worse book?

message 2: by Louise (new)

Wise Louise (louisewise) | 8 comments Melissa Nathan is my chick lit queen. The first author I read in that genre and I was hooked.

Linda (un)Conventional Bookworms (linda_unconventional_bookworms) | 3 comments I don't think I've actually read any books by Sophia Kinsella o.O does this mean I'll be thrown out of the group, now? *grins*

message 4: by Ana (new)

Ana I've read almost all Sophie's book, and I'm currently half way through Wedding Night by Sophie Kinsella , and though I agree (partially) that she's the queen of chick lit, I must admit I'm slightly disappointed in her latest book. So, my fav by her would be I've Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella . That book is HILARIOUS and I read it in one sitting. Also, as much as I like her Shopaholic series, think they are cute and funny..but I like her stand-alones better.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Twenties Girl was her best by far. I liked 'I've got your number' but wasn't blown away.

Lexxie, course not. :) She's not everyone's cuppa. But who is your 'queen' of chick lit in your opinion?

Linda (un)Conventional Bookworms (linda_unconventional_bookworms) | 3 comments I love me some Jill Shalvis, her novels always make me both swoon and laugh :)

message 7: by Brandy (new)

Brandy | 2 comments Twenties Girl is my favorite, which really surprised me as I wasn't expecting to like it.

My first Kinsella was I've got Your Number. I loved it too. Poppy had me laughing out loud even in the beginning.

message 8: by Emily (new)

Emily Harper (eharper) | 2 comments My favourite book is definitley Undomesticated Goddess. Though Can You Keep A Secret is a close second.
I really like the shopaholic books as well, but I like her stand alone books better.

message 9: by Louise (new)

Wise Louise (louisewise) | 8 comments I haven't read a Kinsella book for a long time now. Not since they all began to merge into the other! :/

message 10: by Kai (last edited Dec 29, 2013 06:36AM) (new)

Kai (kaileigh) | 1 comments My favourite books of hers are the stand alone ones, especially the Undomesticated Goddess. I am currently reading Wedding Night and have found it disappointing so far x Though I agree with Louise I love Melissa Nathan she was one of the first authors I read in this genre and got me hooked too. xxx

message 11: by Kat (last edited Nov 05, 2013 07:23AM) (new)

Kat (bookworm2017) I'd say the queen of chick lit is Melissa hill or Jane Costello, I loved undomestic goddess

message 12: by Hilary (new)

Hilary Grossman | 4 comments Remember me is my favorite. Then comes can you keep a secret

I just discovered Jen Coburn and am loving her too!

message 13: by Cassie (new)

Cassie Doran | 5 comments I love most of her books. Sorry i'm one of the few that love the shopaholic series. Dont hate. Wedding night i do like but it wasnt my fav. Ive got your number was hilarious

message 14: by Cassie (new)

Cassie Doran | 5 comments Hilary wrote: "Remember me is my favorite. Then comes can you keep a secret

I just discovered Jen Coburn and am loving her too!"
Can you keep a secret is one of my favorites

message 15: by Cassie (new)

Cassie Doran | 5 comments Kat wrote: "I'd say the queen of chick lit is Melissa hill or Jane Costello, I loved undomestic goddess"
I love undomestic goddess too