What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Mirror of Her Dreams (Mordant's Need, #1)
This topic is about The Mirror of Her Dreams
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > Rather thick Fantasy novel from the 80's [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tiffany (last edited Aug 24, 2013 07:19AM) (new) - added it

Tiffany (kokaska_bb71) To be honest..I can't really remember what the book is about. I just remember the cover, and that I really enjoyed reading it. The cover is a young girl's/woman's reflection in an ornate mirror hanging on a stone wall. Like a castle wall. For some reason the title Through the Looking Glass comes to mind, but I know that is about Alice in Wonderland. The book I'm looking for isn't about Alice. The girl on the cover has red hair and I think her right hand is up..almost as if she was going to touch the mirror from her side. I remember it being a pretty sizable book (paperback) but I was a young teenager at the time, so it might not be all that big a book. :) Thanks for any and all help. Appreciate greatly. Oh, and I think the mirror has the black spots on it that come with age. As to what age group it was geared to.. I'm pretty sure it was adult fantasy..there wasn't much, if any YA fantasy back then.

message 2: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Gaile (victoriagaile) | 15 comments Could it be The Mirror of Her Dreams ?

message 3: by Tiffany (new) - added it

Tiffany (kokaska_bb71) yes that is thanks so much.. wow my memory is way off. That is the book.. but the cover is so not what I remembered. Thanks so much :D

message 4: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6972 comments Mod
Congrats on finding it so fast Tiffany. And, as an fyi--you are not the only person that it made an impression on. You were the 4th person to look for it here in our group. (I went to shelve it, and saw all the other threads that had been started to find it.)

I've also moved this down to Solved for you.

message 5: by Serendi (new)

Serendi How about this cover? It's a closeup of the above cover; just wondering if it's more what you remembered.

The Mirror of Her Dreams by Stephen R. Donaldson

message 6: by Tiffany (new) - added it

Tiffany (kokaska_bb71) Serendi wrote: "How about this cover? It's a closeup of the above cover; just wondering if it's more what you remembered.

The Mirror of Her Dreams by Stephen R. Donaldson"

Yes that is more like it, but I also think I am mixing two covers together. :)

message 7: by Kagama-the Literaturevixen (last edited Aug 24, 2013 08:15AM) (new)

Kagama-the Literaturevixen | 602 comments Could this be The Mirror of Her Dreams ?

Uploaded with ImageShack.com

message 8: by Tiffany (new) - added it

Tiffany (kokaska_bb71) Kagama-the Literaturevixen wrote: "Could this be The Mirror of Her Dreams ?

Uploaded with ImageShack.com"

Yeap that's the one :) Thanks