The Mortal Instruments Roleplay discussion

The Institute > The Greenhouse

Comments Showing 1-50 of 157 (157 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by ~Cassie~ (new)

~Cassie~ | 1086 comments Mod
Set on top of the Institute and filled with a vast variety of flowers.

message 2: by Reiko (new)

Reiko  (reikohitomi) | 1849 comments Mod
"Here, is the greenhouse," she made a gesture. It was her favourite place because it gave her peace, tons of them.

message 3: by ~Cassie~ (new)

The chilly evening air didn't touch the plants in the greenhouse. Or Jake, who had followed Averlyn there. Breathing in the intoxicating mix of smells, he sighed. "I bet this would be a great place to take a nap," he said randomly. He had a bad habit of speaking whatever came to his mind. He was trying to fix it, but it was a long and drawn out battle.

message 4: by Reiko (new)

"You can say that again," Averlyn told him. "Take a seat," she waved her hand at the bench which gave them a look of New York in the greenhouse. The streets were empty because it was 1 in the morning.

message 5: by ~Cassie~ (new)

"Yes ma'am," he said, giving her a lazy salute along with a grin. He walked over and sat on the bench, looking out over the city that never truly slept. It was a lot different from Alicante. Both were beautiful in their own way.

message 6: by Reiko (new)

Averlyn sat beside him, "Tell me more about yourself, if you don't mind."

message 7: by ~Cassie~ (new)

"What's there to tell?" he asked. "I grew up in Alicante because my parents were the more studious type. They wouldn't even train me to fight, so they shipped me off for hours a day to the town crazy." He hadn't seemed crazy, at first. He had seemed smart and incredibly skilled, maybe a bit eccentric, but not crazy. "Eventually, well, some stuff went down with him and I convinced my parents to let me come here," he finished, eyes never leaving a fixed point on the city. He didn't want to relive his last day with his teacher.

message 8: by Reiko (new)

Averlyn knew there was more but she didn't push it. Her brown eyes turned a darker shade of it while she, same as Jake, stared at the city. "What do you think of New York's Institute? Or at least New York," she changed the topic? her voice quivering a little because she could remember nothing about her father, at least Jake had parents, not like her.

message 9: by ~Cassie~ (new)

Jake turned to her, hearing a quiver in her voice. Had he said something to upset her? If he did, he hadn't a clue what it was. To answer her question, he said, "Both are quite different than what I'm used to, but that's a good thing."

message 10: by Reiko (new)

"Why is it a good thing? New York's very bustling when it is and Idris, its more peaceful isn't it? Hidden from the sight of mundanes," she said softly.

message 11: by ~Cassie~ (new)

"Peaceful is only so much fun when it's all the time," he replied. "Like if I had pizza all day everyday, I'd be sick of it by the end of the week."

message 12: by Reiko (new)

Averlyn remained silent, that's because she started to feel sleepy and she couldn't find the voice to talk. Her eyes slowly closed and the world turned black.

message 13: by ~Cassie~ (new)

Jake saw her start to lean back. He reached out and caught her. "Averlyn?" he asked. When he didn't receive a response, his heart picked up its pace as he moved his hand to her neck to find her pulse.
There it was, strong and steady

He sighed and then chuckled to himself. She'd fallen asleep on him! With a shake of his head, he carefully gathered her in his arms and picked her up. She looked so peaceful.
It was then that he realized he didn't have a clue where her room was. Or his, for that matter.
With a shrug to himself, started walking back to the door into the Institute while calling her name to try and wake her up. "Averlyn. Ave. Wake up. I haven't a clue where I'm going."

message 14: by Reiko (new)

Averlyn felt her self became lighter as if someone was carrying her and from a distance, her name was called out. She opened her eyes and as her vision cleared, she realised it was Jake. "Did I fall asleep?" she asked an obvious question.

message 15: by ~Cassie~ (new)

"Maybe a little," he said with a smile. "I was going to just let you sleep and carry you back to your room," he explained before she could ask why he was carrying her. "But then I realized that I don't even know where my room is, let alone yours." He clamped his mouth shut before he started really babbling and instead looked down at her, waiting to hear what she would say.

message 16: by Reiko (new)

She processed what he said in her mind and looked up, returning his smile, "I'll show you the way, but you might wanna let me down first."

message 17: by ~Cassie~ (new)

"Yes, ma'am," he said, ignoring the heat that was slowly rising to his face. He carefully set her feet down on the ground and helped her stand up. "You sure you aren't going to fall asleep again?" he teased.

message 18: by Reiko (new)

"I'm pretty sure I won't," she smirked. She started walking towards the exit of the greenhouse, leading to the hallway. ((Cya at the hallway!))

message 19: by ~Cassie~ (new)

"Good," he said simply as he followed her back into the Institute.

message 20: by Reiko (new)

Averlyn walked into the greenhouse, taking in the familiar scene of the flowers.

message 21: by ~Cassie~ (new)

Jake walked in after her, taking in all of the different flowers. He had never seen so many different kinds in such a small area.

message 22: by Reiko (new)

"Its your second time here, and I'm guessing you're amazed once more?" Averlyn asked.

message 23: by ~Cassie~ (new)

"I think I'll be amazed every time I come up here," he replied, still looking around.

message 24: by Reiko (new)

"The same goes for me," she agreed

message 25: by ~Cassie~ (new)

"That doesn't surprise me," he said. "Every time you come here, you're bound to find something new."

message 26: by Reiko (new)

"I would have to agree," she nodded her head. "I love this place," she said to no one in particular.

message 27: by ~Cassie~ (new)

"I can tell," he said, smiling, as he walked around, looking at all of the plants.

message 28: by Reiko (new)

She followed closely and he seemed to be the tour guide instead of her. But of course, anyone would be attracted to the flowers.

message 29: by ~Cassie~ (new)

He stopped suddenly and turned around with a sheepish smile on his face. He'd gotten a bit carried away with looking at the flowers. "Sorry. I'm not trying to ignore you, or anything," he said.

message 30: by Reiko (new)

"What?" She snapped out of her reverie. "Oh no, you aren't. I am admiring them myself," she smiled at him

message 31: by ~Cassie~ (new)

His smile turned less sheepish and more normal. "Ok, good," he said, still facing her. The flowers didn't seem all that interesting right then.

message 32: by Reiko (new)

"Why are you staring at me? Is there something on my face?" she asked, instinctively putting her hand on her cheek.

message 33: by ~Cassie~ (new)

"Nope," he said, quickly turning away and starting to walk around again. Focus on the flowers, he thought to himself, though he wasn't sure why.

message 34: by Reiko (new)

She put her hand down, slightly embarrassed. "So why were you staring then?" she asked.

message 35: by ~Cassie~ (new)

"I was just thinking," he lied, instantly feeling bad about it.

message 36: by Reiko (new)

Averlyn knew he was lying and remained silent, unsure of what to say next.

message 37: by ~Cassie~ (new)

The silence stretched. Averlyn knew he was lying, but he couldn't tell her the truth when he wasn't ready to think about it yet. Instead, his brain scrambled for something to say. This usually easy task was now anything but. Finally, he asked, "Has the greenhouse been like this for as long as you've been here?"

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

Brandy Smith entered the green house quietly and ignored the two occupants hoping that her sudden enterance didn't piss them off.

message 39: by Reiko (new)

"Not really. Every time I come here, there seemed to be more flowers. New type of flowers at that," she answered without much hesitation.

message 40: by ~Cassie~ (new)

"Yet there's still room for more," he replied with a slight shake of his head. The gesture was as much to clear his head as it was to illustrate his amazement.

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

Brandy looked at the two now intrigued they were talking about some of the flowers she grew. "They are beautiful aren't they?" She asked outloud.

message 42: by ~Cassie~ (new)

Jake, who had seen the unkown girl walk in, turned to face her when she spoke. "That they are," he said, giving her an easy smile. "May I introduce myself?"

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

"Yes, I'm Brandy Smith." She introduced herself and smiled back.

message 44: by ~Cassie~ (new)

"Pleasure to meet you. I'm Jake Everclaw," he said, tipping the brim of an imaginary hat.

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

Brandy giggled,"I own a flower shop right near central park." She mentioned.

message 46: by ~Cassie~ (new)

"Really?" he asked. "We were there earlier. Central Park, that is."

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

"Yes," she smiled a little and approached him.

message 48: by ~Cassie~ (new)

"But if you spend your day around flowers, why would you want to come here and see more flowers?" he asked, realizing that she didn't seem to have any Marks.

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

"Well mostly because no one came in today." She said knowing he was questioning her trustworthiness.

message 50: by ~Cassie~ (new)

"Are you normally busy?" he asked, not trying to be rude. He was just curious.

« previous 1 3 4