The Challenge Factory discussion

Undertow (Infected, #7)
This topic is about Undertow
2014 ♦Archives Buddy Read ♦ > Melissa & Ezi - Infected Series Monthly Read (Undertow, Book 7)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 224 (224 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by Jenne (new)

Jenne  (jennetheinstigator) | 7439 comments Jennifer C, Melissa, Ezi - Prey

~Melissa~ | 5010 comments Hey ~ just an FYI - we are going on vacation first week of Sept with limited time for internet posting. I can read these any other time this month. This one is only avail on my laptop. Fatal Shadows (Adrien English Mystery, #1) by Josh Lanyon is on my phone so I can probably start on the plane ride home if we want to do that one first. Just let me know...

Unless one of these works for wotw or scavenger hunt and we want to start early?? I won't tell anyone....

Jennifer C. | 1722 comments I'm going to read If I Lie with Lauren first this month. It's pretty short though. Let me know which one you want to read first and when.

message 4: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 16154 comments Mod
~Melissa~ wrote: "Hey ~ just an FYI - we are going on vacation first week of Sept with limited time for internet posting. I can read these any other time this month. This one is only avail on my laptop. [bookcover:F..."

Tell me exact dates you propose. I'm not waiting for WWGRF anymore as it threw me off. Plus being captain, I deferred on letters so I never got "prime" letters :)

So I'll read Among the Living tomorrow

~Melissa~ | 5010 comments I'll start Fatal Shadows next Thurs or Fri (9/5 or 9/6). I have Bone Crossed to do as a buddy read for another group that I'm starting on Sat. I should have both done by Tues.
Once home I can do Prey whenever works.

Jennifer C. | 1722 comments I'm good with starting Fatal Shadows later this week too.

message 7: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Jennifer C. wrote: "I'm good with starting Fatal Shadows later this week too."

Me too, but I'm doing audio

Jennifer C. | 1722 comments Oh god, Ezi... I just came across your comment on Vilda's review of A Dangerous Thing and now I really don't think I want to read it. I mean, she liked the first one BETTER than this one??? We're doomed then.

http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

message 9: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

yea, after we chatted on PM, she told me that the whole series is just the same. That it's a mystery adventure, not a love series.

You know I need love,so this series gets a thumbs down and I don't want to try book 2 at all.

Have you guys heard of these books?

The Red King by Rosemary O'Malley The Rebuilding Year by Kaje Harper A Little Bit Country, A Novel by S.J. Frost
These two by the same author, though different series:
Catch a Ghost (Hell or High Water, #1) by S.E. Jakes
Bound By Honor (Men of Honor #1) by S.E. Jakes

Jennifer C. | 1722 comments I haven't heard of any of those, but as you both know... I'll try anything. :)

~Melissa~ | 5010 comments I have Bound by Honor on my TBR, would need to acquire it
The Rebuilding Year looks interesting. Don't know that one or the others...

~Melissa~ | 5010 comments Have you guys started this one yet??
I started last night. I think I'm up to chap 4 or 5. so far liking it much better than Adrien. Writing style is better and the MC's are more interesting. I'm really enjoying Roan's wit/sarcasm.

message 13: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

~Melissa~ wrote: "Have you guys started this one yet??
I started last night. I think I'm up to chap 4 or 5. so far liking it much better than Adrien. Writing style is better and the MC's are more interesting. I'm r..."

I am on Ch. 3 on this one. Roan is an angry one, huh?

~Melissa~ | 5010 comments Ezinwanyi~For you, Agron wrote:" Roan is an angry one, huh? "

totally agree

Jennifer C. | 1722 comments I haven't started yet. I'm still reading Shadow of Night. It's really good but it's taking longer than I expected. I'm only halfway through.

message 16: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Jennifer C. wrote: "I haven't started yet. I'm still reading Shadow of Night. It's really good but it's taking longer than I expected. I'm only halfway through."

I think I will try Shadow of Night next month. Don't worry, I'm on Ch. 4 because I can't find time to read.

~Melissa~ | 5010 comments lol comment chap 5 ~ totally Roan (view spoiler)
I'm at chapter 8. I can slow down and read something else for a while.

Jennifer C. | 1722 comments No don't worry about it. I'll catch up. It's not a big deal.

message 19: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

don't you love Roan? He makes no bones about being fed up with people's attitudes. He is like "I am what I am. If you don't like it, suck it!

I will finish this one today.

BTW, out of all the books we have read recently, this two--Paris and Roan--are the closest in partnership to Ty and Zane.
Their stories are NOT similar, but they vibe with each other in a similar way. they get each other in a way no one else does.

at first, I kind of thought Paris was soft, just because he has better people skills, but he has become more assertive and aggressive. It reminds me of how I thought Zane was soft, but Zane started showing himself more and his personality came out.

This author is really good at world building, huh?

~Melissa~ | 5010 comments I took a break from this. Will continue it tonight. Should finish tonight or tomorrow.
They definitely have a cool vibe about them. I was totally reminded of Ty and Zane while reading it :)

So far even the secondary characters are interesting as well - the asshole lawyer for the church, the cop/detective etc

~Melissa~ | 5010 comments Hey girls I'm on chapter 13. Quick question ~ we're just reading book 1 yes? I was just peeking at the contents page and it seems I bought the version that has book 1 and 2 together,lol.

I'm enjoying this so much more than Adrien. Flows much better

message 22: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

~Melissa~ wrote: "Hey girls I'm on chapter 13. Quick question ~ we're just reading book 1 yes? I was just peeking at the contents page and it seems I bought the version that has book 1 and 2 together,lol.

I'm enjo..."

superior writing, story telling, world etc

~Melissa~ | 5010 comments Finished this last night (view spoiler)
I must say I really enjoy Roan's sarcastic nature and Paris' wit.

message 24: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Paris and Roan really "fit" together. I enjoyed this one.

message 25: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Ok. So what's on tap for next month?
I don't want to read Adrien English book 2...

we got some options, here are some that have been recommended to me. I put a star ("★") by my top 5 choices, but I actually want to read them all :D
Here goes the list:
1) Bloodlines (Infected, #2) by Andrea Speed
2) Dirty Kiss (Cole McGinnis, #1) by Rhys Ford
3) ★ Coming Home (Rock Bay, #1) by M.J. O'Shea
4) ★ Captive Prince Volume One (Captive Prince, #1) by S.U. Pacat
5) Beyond Duty (A Mac & Gunny Novel) by S.J.D. Peterson
6) ★ The Locker Room by Amy Lane
7) Life Lessons (Life Lessons, #1) by Kaje Harper
8) Caught Running by Abigail Roux
9) ★ The Nothingness of Ben by Brad Boney
10) ★ Where the Allegheny Meets the Monongahela by Felicia Watson

Jennifer C. | 1722 comments My vote from your list is Where the Allegheny Meets the Monongahela. It sounds really good and it's based in Pittsburgh. That's where I live!

And if I could throw another one into the mix... How about Shades of Gray? It got really good reviews and I keep coming across it on GR.

But as always, I'll read whatever you two pick.

message 27: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

I read Shades of Gray by Brooke McKinley already but if you two read it, I will chime in.

Where the Allegheny Meets the Monongahela by Felicia Watson is interesting based on the title alone. What a long ass name (LOL). It is also on audio so I would definitely get it if we chose it

~Melissa~ | 5010 comments Jennifer ~ I would read Shades of Gray by Brooke McKinley with you this month.

They all look interesting - makes it so hard to choose,lol

I loved the first Amy Lane book I read - total roller coaster ride so I def want to read The Locker Room

Where the Allegheny Meets the Monongahela and Coming Home look good too.
I want to continue Infected series so Bloodlines would be good too

message 29: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Well looks like we got
1) Where the Allegheny Meets the Monongahela by Felicia Watson
2) Shades of Gray by Brooke McKinley

A possible interest in:
The Locker Room by Amy Lane Coming Home (Rock Bay, #1) by M.J. O'Shea Bloodlines (Infected, #2) by Andrea Speed

~Melissa~ | 5010 comments I forgot to put - I second the let's not read Adrien. I'll have to remember I only want to read that if I'm in the mood for a mystery with no romance,lol

message 31: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

~Melissa~ wrote: "I forgot to put - I second the let's not read Adrien. I'll have to remember I only want to read that if I'm in the mood for a mystery with no romance,lol"

Yep. I'm not interested in No Romance Mystery.

Jennifer C. | 1722 comments Are we going to read Thaw and Criss Cross or did you guys not want to continue that one?

Jennifer C. | 1722 comments Ezi ~ Why don't you pick one of the three possible interest ones? I can do another one.

message 34: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Jennifer C. wrote: "Are we going to read Thaw and Criss Cross or did you guys not want to continue that one?"

Ohhhh yeah!
Thaw is only 4 pages.
Criss Cross I would read too.

Of the three "possibles", I would vote for Coming Home

Thaw (PsyCop, #1.1) by Jordan Castillo Price Criss Cross (PsyCop, #2) by Jordan Castillo Price (PsyCop 1.1 & 2) Coming Home (Rock Bay, #1) by M.J. O'Shea

But you must read Shades of Gray by Brooke McKinley . I listened to the audio so I want to live vicariously through you two again.

~Melissa~ | 5010 comments I'm good with all of that.

I already have the 2 Psycop - I will have to get the other 3

I'm good with all of those - that would be 5 total - really 4 and 1/4 with Thaw

>>>>>Any recommendation(s) from either of you for a creepy/scary/thrillerish book for Oct. I usually try to read a couple this month for Halloween.

message 36: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (last edited Sep 25, 2013 06:56AM) (new)

October list
1) Where the Allegheny Meets the Monongahela by Felicia Watson
2) Shades of Gray by Brooke McKinley
3) Coming Home (Rock Bay, #1) by M.J. O'Shea
4) Thaw (PsyCop, #1.1) by Jordan Castillo Price Criss Cross (PsyCop, #2) by Jordan Castillo Price (4 pages & 115 pages respectively)

Jennifer C. | 1722 comments Ezi ~ Sounds good.

Melissa ~ I have a few horror novels in paperback at home. Do you like John Saul it Dean Koontz? I might have some others too. I'll send you some options I could do with you later.

~Melissa~ | 5010 comments I've read a great deal of Dean Koontz in the past. I don't think I've read John Saul. Is he any good? I like creepy just not on an ongoing all the time basis like my romance novels. I've been into romance books so much lately that I'm not up to speed on scary books. There was a book (within last few months - saw at B&N when there with kids) that looked good and I can't remember name of book or author. It's times like this when I wish I had put a note in my phone for later.
I think I might look at the lists on here and see if I can find it - it definitely sounded creepy/scary.

~Melissa~ | 5010 comments Ezi - I'm good with that. I will look into obtaining those that I need so I'll be good to go.

I know I have a buddy read the first week for a different group but shouldn't take me long. Then I'll be good to go for what works for us.

message 40: by Jennifer C. (last edited Sep 25, 2013 02:59PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jennifer C. | 1722 comments ~Melissa~ wrote: "I've read a great deal of Dean Koontz in the past. I don't think I've read John Saul. Is he any good? I like creepy just not on an ongoing all the time basis like my romance novels. I've been into ..."

OK. If you remember what it is, let me know. Here are some other ideas in the meantime...

Something Wicked This Way Comes
Heart-Shaped Box
Velocity
The Madman's Daughter
Punish the Sinners
Creature

Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury Heart-Shaped Box by Joe Hill Velocity by Dean Koontz The Madman's Daughter (The Madman's Daughter, #1) by Megan Shepherd Punish the Sinners by John Saul Creature by John Saul

message 41: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

OMG, I don't do horror, so I will watch from the sidelines.

message 42: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Do you guys one just one thread for our books this month or separate threads

Jennifer C. | 1722 comments I prefer separate. It just gets too confusing.

~Melissa~ | 5010 comments Ezinwanyi~For you, Agron wrote: "OMG, I don't do horror, so I will watch from the sidelines."

No worries Ezi - I know horror/creepy stuff isn't for everyone.

~Melissa~ | 5010 comments Jennifer C. wrote: "~Melissa~ wrote: "I've read a great deal of Dean Koontz in the past. I don't think I've read John Saul. Is he any good? I like creepy just not on an ongoing all the time basis like my romance novel..."

Yeah!! It was Joe Hill who I had seen a book of. I searched last night but didn't have a chance to post. Xfactor, Revolution and finishing a book got in the way,lol

Can we do Heart-Shaped Box

Jennifer C. | 1722 comments LOL Yeah that works for me. I already have that one. :)

~Melissa~ | 5010 comments I'll sign us up in the Buddy Read thread

message 48: by Jennifer C. (last edited Sep 27, 2013 08:04PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jennifer C. | 1722 comments Hey guys! I finally started Prey today. I'm only on chapter 3. I had to laugh... Roan checked for Danny Nakamura's MYSPACE PAGE?!?!?!?! I had to look to see when this book came out. Who in the hell was using MySpace in 2010??? LOL

I do like it so far though. It seems like a pretty quick read.

message 49: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Hey, MySpace was just bought by a new company and redesigned. It's coming back :D

Jennifer C. | 1722 comments LOL... Somehow I doubt it will ever come back, but if you say so. :)

« previous 1 3 4 5