Bisky's Twitterling's Scribbles! discussion

Books/Characters > Which Fantasy World?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 69 (69 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Bisky (new)

Bisky Scribbles (bisky_scribbles) | 2536 comments Mod
You died tomorrow. You're given the chance to be reborn into a fictional Universe of your choice. Besides one that you have created yourself, which would you choose?

Somehow I doubt anyone's going to pick anything from George RR Martin..

message 2: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Barnes | 86 comments Probably not. :)Little blood thirsty.

For me it's always been a toss up between Middle Earth and Harry Potter. They both have their advantages. Like with HP. Who wouldn't love to wave their wand and have the dishes do themselves? As for Middle Earth, I'm still not sure if I would want to be a Hobbit or an Elf...

message 3: by Bisky (new)

I think the Harry Potter world could be alittle dangerous :o Being an elf sounds rather lovely though :) Hobbits just remind me of the bitchy folk of english villages :p

message 4: by Kay (new)

Kay (aceraven) | 41 comments I like the world that Charles De Lint created in Someplace to be Flying. Essentially, the animal spirits (Raven, Coyote, Crow, Dog, etc.) exist in the world with us and go about their business. They can take the form of both a human and their animal form. Their descendants populate the world as well as both humans and animals. Basically, you could have a relative that was an animal. The world he built was reality with just a simple layer of magic on top.

message 5: by J (new)

J | 301 comments Mod
I would go into the Pokemon Universe, but that's not from a book. I considered Harry Potter, but that would be too insane for me. xD

I think it would be fun to enter a Victorian-age world. Technologies were being developed, but life was much simpler back then. I would like to venture into the worlds in the short stories I read in literatures classes that take place in the Victorian Age. :3

message 6: by Bisky (new)

@Kay yes that sounds lovely

@Josh notice i didnt put mine up becuase I would totally live in a pokemon world :x I like the idea of any anime world where you can achieve most anything if you try hard enough :3 Even flying :p

message 7: by J (new)

J | 301 comments Mod
Indeed, any anime world would be awesome. :3 I wouldn't mind being in the Bleach world, so I could be a soul reaper :D

message 8: by Bisky (new)

I dunno, im less likely to die in the pokemon world :x

message 9: by Ken (new)

Ken Mooney (kenmooney) Marvel Universe: I kinda want superpowers.

Or the Neon Genesis universe, because...I'm weird, apparently....

message 10: by J (new)

J | 301 comments Mod
You're right. In the Pokemon world, people rarely die and they don't require the use of bathrooms--in the anime I've never seen a bathroom. :3

Superpowers would be cool. :3 I wouldn't mind being able to fly around. I guess I can fly around on my Pokemon in a Pokemon world. Either would be awesome. :3

message 11: by Bisky (new)

I've seen lots of bathrooms in anime :o Lots of stomach problems :p

But pokemon do die :x I'd be sad when they do lol

The DBZ world has always attracted me :p Just sayian ;)

message 12: by J (new)

J | 301 comments Mod
haha yes

I feel sad for Cubone because he wears the skull of his dead mother. Them feels when you visit the tower in Lavender Town. :(

I never really got into DBZ, but it would be fascinating to live in a universe with life on zillions of other planets. The Cowboy Bebop world would be awesome--go live on one of Jupiter's Galilean moons :D

message 13: by Bisky (new)

I love DBZ for the complex relationships between the male and female characters lol I would recommend reading the manga if you couldnt get into the show :3

message 14: by Carl (new)

Carl Rivendell. Lots of books, gardens, and tunes. And I bet they've got the best coffee in all Middle Earth.

message 15: by Bisky (new)

Oh yes! I bet arwen makes some mean chocolate chip lembas bread :p

message 16: by Deb (last edited Aug 27, 2013 02:55AM) (new)

Deb (soulhaven) | 103 comments The Seven Satrapies for me... (Brent Weeks' Lightbringer series). I like the pretty lights (said in the voice of the scary half-Asian lady in The Crow... you know, the main bad guy's half-sister...).

message 17: by Michael (new)

Michael Pearce (michaeltinkerpearce) | 91 comments Mercedes Lackey's Valdemar. I'd want to be a Hawkbrother, I think. They have the coolest lifestyle.

message 18: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte Ashlock | 10 comments I think Tamora Pierce's universe would be a pretty pleasant place to live.

message 19: by Julia (new)

Julia Barnes-brown (jujyfru1t) | 2 comments Harry. freaking. Potter. I'm still upset that I never got my letter
Or Pokemon! I must have my Eevee.
But I'd only go to either place if I could bring my twin brother back with me too.

message 20: by Bisky (new)

Harry potter? I don't want to be tortured by a death eater :x

Though I never got over not getting that letter either lol boohoo

message 21: by Jaeme (new)

Jaeme (J_Haviland) | 40 comments Pandora, from "Avatar"

message 22: by Bisky (new)

I thought about that one! But knowing my luck my neighbours in the tree next door would be awful gossips.

message 23: by J. David (new)

J. David Clarke (clarketacular) | 418 comments Someone said Marvel Universe and that nails it for me! Super-powers, far off worlds, microverse, savage land, mutants. Now that's a fascinating place to live!

message 24: by Bisky (new)

I know that I'd get stuck in a mutant concentration camp if I went there with powers :[

message 25: by Ken (new)

Ken Mooney (kenmooney) But would you break out...?

message 26: by Bisky (new)

Ahh, thats an interesting thought. It depends though. I'd probably have a really rubbish power though knowing my luck.

Inspiring people to write would only be useful if i could get them to carve words into the walls until they collapse :p

message 27: by Ken (new)

Ken Mooney (kenmooney) I'm sure there was a DS9 episode about that...

message 28: by Bisky (new)

Subconcious plagerism :P

message 29: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Castro (nicolecastro) | 116 comments ^^I said that phrase (or something like it) yesterday! It was about that SS chick.

message 30: by Rhea and Rory (new)

Rhea and Rory James (rheaandroryjames) | 8 comments I would love to chance it with Harry Potter, but I think Narnia would be my first choice! But I would love to kiss Jay Gatsby straight on the mouth too lol

message 31: by J.M. (new)

J.M. Guillen (jmguillen) | 4 comments Kvothes world, the four corners.
The Name of the Wind

message 32: by Giulia (new)

Giulia Josh wrote: "I would go into the Pokemon Universe, but that's not from a book. I considered Harry Potter, but that would be too insane for me. xD

I think it would be fun to enter a Victorian-age world. Technol..."

As a woman, Victorian times was not the place to be. Women actually legally belonged to men. If they had no menfolk...

message 33: by Giulia (new)

Giulia Ken wrote: "I'm sure there was a DS9 episode about that..."

No, those were the wormhole aliens trying to communicate with Sisko. His alter persona Benny, "lost" his mind and wrote Sisko's life story on the walls of the mental hospital Benny was in.

message 34: by Giulia (new)

Giulia I think Harry Potter's world would be the one I'd want to live in.

message 35: by Bisky (new)

I think it probably have really bad luck and end up as a squib and be eaten by something large I couldnt defend myself from

message 36: by Ken (new)

Ken Mooney (kenmooney) Hahaha, I wasn't even thinking about THAT DS9 episode, but one where some alien lady inspires Jake (possibly it's the start of Anslem?) and feeds off his creative energies as he's doing it.

message 37: by Giulia (new)

Giulia Oh, that one. Did Jake write on the walls though? He did write with a pen. The alien woman insisted on it.

message 38: by Ken (new)

Ken Mooney (kenmooney) I think it was just a pen and paper (or some alternative anyway.) I didn't even think about the walls bit of Bisky's comment actually, just the "inspiring to write" bit.

message 39: by James (new)

James Rook | 101 comments I typically read dystopian stories, so... no thank you (and the world I created? Absolutely not!)

How about... I, Robot. Or maybe, the movie, Fifth Element.

message 40: by Bisky (new)

Oooo I like the fifth element idea!

message 41: by Samuel (new)

Samuel S.B. (sa5muelb) | 12 comments hmmm....hard one...but MArk Lawrence's world or G.R.R.M A Song of Ice and Fire

message 42: by Bisky (new)

You'd die randomly in book 7 of A song of ice fire.

message 43: by Samuel (new)

Samuel S.B. (sa5muelb) | 12 comments a risk i would willingly take...

message 44: by Giulia (new)

Giulia That world is too sad. Very interesting, but too sad and seriously messed up.

message 45: by Christie (new)

Christie Stratos (christiestratos) Omg Morrowind is where I would go without even a question. Has anyone here ever played that game? It's an RPG by Bethesda Softworks and it's part of the Elder Scrolls series. I would live there in a heartbeat. Especially if the world came with the background music :P

message 46: by Rhea and Rory (new)

Rhea and Rory James (rheaandroryjames) | 8 comments I would consider being in A Song of Ice and Fire if I belonged to one of the hoitey toitey houses. Definitely wouldn't want to be holed up in cheapside with 3 adorable albeit illegitimate children lol, even if they are King Robert's bastards

message 47: by Bisky (new)

Morrowind is a nice place, but Azeroth would have my vote in that case :]

And I dunno, if you belong to one of those houses you risk being married off to someone horrid, or bonked by a sibling.

message 48: by Michael (new)

Michael Litzky | 79 comments @Rhea, Rory: oh, to live in Narnia and have fried sausages with dwarves and badgers on a green hillside or to dance with fauns in snowy blue starlight.

Oh but Rivendell or the Shire, and to converse with Gandalf or Elrond...

message 49: by Bisky (new)

I always imagined elves to be a bit bitchy.

message 50: by Giulia (new)

Giulia I always thought the elves were rather enigmatic. Like fire and ice.

« previous 1