The Fault in Our Stars The Fault in Our Stars discussion

First Photo Of Hazel and Gus

Comments Showing 1-49 of 49 (49 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bianca (last edited Aug 24, 2013 12:25AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Bianca Moro This is the link to the first photo of Hazel and Gus together

http://www.hypable.com/2013/08/23/fau...

Keeley The link does not work :(

kirstin ✿ It does.

message 4: by Raevyn (new)

Raevyn "Lucia" [I'm in it for the books] It doesn't work for me, either.

message 5: by Amy (new) - rated it 1 star

Amy Thomson Doesn't work for me:(

kirstin ✿ Uh, that sucks. The photo's quite... adorable (for lack of a better word) in my opinion. I feel like I'd love Shailene more in here than in Divergent. XD

message 7: by Mandy (last edited Aug 24, 2013 07:01AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mandy Yeah it does not work for me too :(

Inês is that this one - http://faultinourstarsmovie.blogspot.... ?

the link you gave didn't work and all i could find was this

Catherine Doesn't work. WHAT IS THIS MADNESS?? I used the cached version and ended up with this. Maybe it works...

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com...

Hope it help!

Mandy Thank you it work great :)

Italia8989 They are both perfect!

Ramisha I imagined Augustus way differently!

message 13: by Som (new) - rated it 5 stars

Som ^^ Same here. I visualized Augustus somewhat similar to "Sanji", who's from the anime "One Piece"..

Ramisha Som wrote: "^^ Same here. I visualized Augustus somewhat similar to "Sanji", who's from the anime "One Piece".."

Much better than this guy, he looks like a nerd, I only watched a few episodes of first season of One Piece. I can't really show how I imagined Augutus.

Keeley Yay that 1 works :) thanks

kirstin ✿ OMGASDFGHJKL I LOVE SANJI! And I could see why you imagined him that way. He always has cigarette. XD

message 17: by Julia (new)

Julia i actually imagined Augustus differently

message 18: by ieqa (new) - rated it 5 stars

ieqa adman Ramisha wrote: "I imagined Augustus way differently! "

yes me too..

Izzat Zainal Everytime there's a cast, it's not going to meet what's there in our mind, people. Physical appearance don't matter, what important is the author himself is satisfied with the actors' audition. We're readers not movie makers; hence they know better than us. ;)

Note that not everyone was pleased when Jennifer Lawrence (and Josh Hutcherson) was first cast as Peeta and Katniss. Turn out they can do it pretty well.

Erika Ardila ieqa wrote: "Ramisha wrote: "I imagined Augustus way differently! "

yes me too.."

same here, he's not my agustus but its okay i think

Mollie I hope I get to see Douglas Booth (Romeo) star in a movie of one of my fav books. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mu-lMzHS...

message 22: by Sparrowlicious (last edited Aug 26, 2013 12:37AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sparrowlicious I thought those were two guys at first. Not that I would have anything against that, haha.

Oh wait until you see them in their proper outfits, make-up and so on. If the author thinks those two are good as his characters then I'm okay with them. I know how that is like, thinking up stories my self, you know...

Italia8989 Mollie wrote: "I hope I get to see Douglas Booth (Romeo) star in a movie of one of my fav books. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mu-lMzHS..."

This looks like a brilliant movie! I love how they incorporated lines from the play, but it did not make it complicated and cheesy. The actors certainly seem realistic for this time period. When I saw that writers from "Downtown Abbey" produced it, I knew it is going to be good. Thanks for providing the link, even though I feel like I have seen this before....

Angela M I don't like Ms. Woodley to play as Hazel Grace.

carolina ☾ Ramisha wrote: "I imagined Augustus way differently! "

totally.

Kaleigh I don't mind Shailene Woodley as Hazel but I'm mad that she is in all these movies all of the sudden. I wished it was an actress not many people knew and was not very popular that way it would be easier to see them as just Hazel and not Shailene Woodley as Hazel of the girl from this movie and that movie. She is playing a lot of awesome characters....too many =). Not who I pictured as Augustus either, but if he does a good job portraying him in the movie I think that will make up for the appearance not being what I pictured

Sania Erika wrote: "ieqa wrote: "Ramisha wrote: "I imagined Augustus way differently! "

yes me too.."

same here, he's not my agustus but its okay i think"

he's oxay but i imagined him more hotter

han⚢ I didn't really imagine Hazel and Augustus that way, but oh well. Movie actors are never look right anyway. Lets just pray that those two execute their characters right :)

Carla Aww I loved this book. So happy to hear that they are making it into a movie. Usually I am a bit hesitant regarding books made into movies, but after this book I bought all of his other books in hopes to satisfy my post-stars craving. This is the best book of John Green though <3

Danielle I'm so excited for the movie! They look really cute together.

message 31: by Maya (new) - rated it 5 stars

Maya They are SO cute!!!!!! I cannot wait for the movie to come out, TFiOS is on my top ten books.

Alexandra Martin I imagined Augustus to look like Joshua Anthony Brand

message 33: by rpw (new) - rated it 5 stars

rpw Just looked up Joshua Anthony Brand. Yes, that's more like how I pictured Augustus. Still I'm looking forward to his movie. The last book-to-movie I saw was Silver Lining Playbook. Never as good as the book but very enjoyable still. :) Anxiously waiting!

message 34: by Dibi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dibi Omg, they look so cute. Can't wait to see the movie and cry a little more.

Jordan It's cute, but I pictured Agustus differently. Though I am sure he will be great. And Shailene is perfect, that is my Hazel.

Barbara Nah, not cute enough to be Augustus.

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

Barbara wrote: "Nah, not cute enough to be Augustus."
I agree <3

Ginger Sparkles Shailene is definitely the perfect Hazel Grace. Ansel Elgort, while he doesn't look how I pictured Augustus in my head, will (hopefully) meet my expectations with his acting skills and be just how I think Gus should be(which is awesome. I ugly cried when he died). I support John Green though when he said that they where perfect for the parts.

message 39: by Nana (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nana i'm still not happy with the actor they choose for augustus ://

message 40: by Claire (new)

Claire Great casting! I love this book and I'll love this movie!

Cherie She's adorable... I'm absolutely thrilled for her. Also, did anybody here ever watch The Naked Brother's Band on Nickelodeon around like 2005-2010? Well Nat Wolff is playing Isaac. :P

message 42: by Dibi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dibi Cherie wrote: "She's adorable... I'm absolutely thrilled for her. Also, did anybody here ever watch The Naked Brother's Band on Nickelodeon around like 2005-2010? Well Nat Wolff is playing Isaac. :P"

OMG, really? He is so adorable. He is just perfect as Isaac.

Cherie Yeah, :p I had a crush on him when I was younger haha I'm excited to see him as Isaac, I think he'll be great.

natalie I pictured Augustus differently...

Gabby I'm so excited for this movie!

Dekotah Thompson So cute! can't wait for the movie!

message 47: by Lucy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lucy I'm warming to both of them and I think that it's going to be a really really great film :-)

pannams_t I hope and pray that the movie wouldn't turn out like Beautiful Creature.... The story line is sooo good but the characters were like BLAH!!! I trust John Green. If he thinks they're good then who am I to argue. After all he wrote this AMAZING book.

message 49: by Ella (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ella It's whole thing about them being in Divergent AND TFiOS is really messing with my mind. Divergent is like MY FAVORITE THING EVER so I've been obsessing over it for years and when they were cast for Divergent my mind automatically went "OK this is Tris and Caleb" and I've accepted that so much whenever I see them for TFiOS my first reaction is "INCEST!" "What's Tris doing in Indiana?" etc. It was going to be okay when they cast Shailene for Hazel (even though it still freaked me out but I accepted it) but when they went and cast Ansel as Gus... IT'S TOO MUCH.