Prodigy (Legend, #2) Prodigy discussion

Anden vs Day

Comments Showing 1-50 of 66 (66 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Angel (last edited Aug 25, 2013 12:36AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Angel *sigh....I hate to do this to you folks. But which would you choose? I mean, I totally HATE love triangles from time to time (*cough TWILIGHT *cough) but this one didn't make my eyes pop out from rolling them too much...at first, i was so mad at Lu when she included Anden as another love interest because i found Day and June so adorable together, but I think that Anden isn't as bad as I thought he was (being Elector Primo and all) so....who would you choose?

message 2: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy Thomson Day.
I mean for June I choose Day, I will always choose Day.
I don't care how charming, good looking and down to earth Anden is (and he is a truly nice guy, or so it seems from Legend and Prodigy) Day is the one for June.
And June is the one for Day.
If June ends up with Anden and Day ends up with Tess I will be devastated.
Oh, and just to add; I've also grown so tired of old love triangles, I really wish people would stop encouraging them with 'Team --- vs Team ---'. I'm not trying to insult you when I say that but I dont think you seem that keep on 'team blabla' either.

What about you? Who would you choose? :)

Angel Amy wrote: "Day.
I mean for June I choose Day, I will always choose Day.
I don't care how charming, good looking and down to earth Anden is (and he is a truly nice guy, or so it seems from Legend and Prodigy)..."

I'm on the team "I dont really care who ends up with who anymore" mostly because they are both really good guys. But I have to agree with you on Day ending up with June, they are just so cute together! Oh god not Tess! I mean, she's a nice girl, but people are forgetting the fact that she's 13. So i'd be really mad at Lu if she 'smooshed' Day and Tess together

Oh....yeah I dont like love triangles....not at all.

kirstin ✿ I'm not on anybody's team, either... but I don't think June and Day will end up together now with Day's condition.

Kaelyn daydaydaydaydayday

Angel Okokokokokokokokokokok :)

Hawazen Day...you just can't help but fall in love with him

*Spolier Alert*
But I am pretty sure that June and Anden will be a thing in Champion as long as June doesn't know that Day is dieing

message 8: by Nicole (last edited Aug 27, 2013 08:50PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nicole It's not that I don't like Anden, because I do. It's just that I can't picture Day and June with anyone else except eachother. They're just so perfect together! And while I like Anden, I love Day.
I heard someone suggest Anden and Tess. I'm not sure how I feel about that, Tess being 13 and all. Maybe if she was older? Hmm... thoughts?

Angel Hawazen wrote: "Day...you just can't help but fall in love with him

*Spolier Alert*
But I am pretty sure that June and Anden will be a thing in Champion as long as June doesn't know that Day is dieing"

Omg yes.....

Madhura They're both great as separate characters, but when it comes to who I want June to be with, Team Day all the way. gotta love Day. And this is the first time I'm actually on a team for a love triangle.

Angel Madhura wrote: "They're both great as separate characters, but when it comes to who I want June to be with, Team Day all the way. gotta love Day. And this is the first time I'm actually on a team for a love triangle."

I know right?

Victoria Corder I am on team Day, But Day is dying and so far nothing can be done about it. So IF and ONLY IF Day dies then June can be with Anden.

message 13: by Jackie (last edited Aug 28, 2013 06:46PM) (new) - added it

Jackie Zhou i won't choose a team i choose Day him self!

message 14: by Amy (last edited Sep 03, 2013 07:17AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy Thomson I just want to read Champion now. I've pre-ordered it:D

Angel Amy wrote: "I just want to read Champion now. I've pre-ordered it:D"

Yes me too!

message 16: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy Thomson YAAAY! We should read and review together when it comes out!

Angel Amy wrote: "YAAAY! We should read and review together when it comes out!"

Yesssss

Veronica day

message 19: by Sefi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sefi Albo Day

Kiersten Michelle I may be the only one.... but I love Anden! And I think June and Anden should be together. Don't get me wrong I LOVE Day... but they're too different and too alike at the same time, Day and June. Plus, it pissed me off when he believe Tess about June. Grrr.

Angel Kiersten wrote: "I may be the only one.... but I love Anden! And I think June and Anden should be together. Don't get me wrong I LOVE Day... but they're too different and too alike at the same time, Day and June. P..."

You aren't the only one.....I like Anden aswell! I like either of them to be with June....

message 22: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy Thomson That's unusual, I guess it's because if we route for Day then we're routing for the two characters we know and love, because we see it from both POV's, to both be together. x

Angel Amy wrote: "That's unusual, I guess it's because if we route for Day then we're routing for the two characters we know and love, because we see it from both POV's, to both be together. x"

Well yeah...that's why i route for Day....because I like him. But does that mean that I can't like and or route for Anden aswell? I like both of them,I don't mind which one June ends with.

We do see them from both POVs, cause they are the narrators in those POVs....But just because they are narrating the POVs doesn't mean we should like them (although I really like these characters...) buuuuuuut we didn't need Anden's POV to like him. That's why I like Anden because we basically only know his personality and the fact that he's Elector.....he didn't need a sad story for us to like him......that's why I also route for him :)

message 24: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy Thomson I like Anden too! I really do, I guess because I know what Day's been through with June and how much they seem made for each other but also don't? Like I like how it doesn't work?
I like to reread the bit in Prodigy where they're underground because it makes my heart flutter! aha!
I don't think Anden needs a sob story for him to be liked, of course not. But think about when June wakes up and hugs Day for Metias' loss, it's something I think Anden just soundly understand... hm..
I think I will be a little upset if June ends up with Anden, but either way I know that Marie Lu will write it well so that it makes sense in my mind.
Anden and June are perfect for each other, but in love? I'm not sure...
x

message 25: by Angel (last edited Sep 18, 2013 11:00AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Angel Amy wrote: "I like Anden too! I really do, I guess because I know what Day's been through with June and how much they seem made for each other but also don't? Like I like how it doesn't work?
I like to reread..."

In love? No, not yet anyway....it would need to take time for their 'love' to....i don't know.....bloom? Hehe..
I'm not sure about the whole 'June ending up with who' thing. I just really like both of them. But they are both VERY different characters that can help June when she's in need (even though I know June is Kick-ass and strong). I know what Day's been through too....it's really sad...But don't you think that Anden has been through just as much? We are forgetting about his dad's assassination here....but we don't bring it up because Anden moved on...happy...without his dad, probably because he knows that his dad was a bad man. And shouldn't there be a reason for Anden wanting to stop the trials? He says it's wrong and yeah, but I think something happened to him when he took the trials and that made him want to stop it...hmmmmm.

message 26: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy Thomson You make a great point, I don't know. I honestly don't! I mean June and Day are in love, even if they won't admit it to a) each other or b) to themselves, and i think that with every first love there is something special about it because you give them all because you've never hurt or been hurt in that way before. So in that aspect even if June does end with Anden there will always be a part of her with Day. And I think that that's fine. That's life.

Tell you what I want?
Champion.

message 27: by Addee (last edited Sep 22, 2013 04:36AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addee DAY! I think June needs emotional support more than power, she has enough of her own strength to gain the power she needs, Anden seems to be a wise choice, but, I think Day would be much more committed to supporting June's weaknesses & letting her use her strengths freely. Where I feel Anden, wouldn't have enough time to give her the support she needs & is, for good or bad, very politically driven, so may use June's strengths for his own cause...

Love Day, Love Anden, Love love triangles, especially this one...

message 28: by sim (new) - rated it 5 stars

sim Day anyday! :P

Angel Smeghead wrote: "DAY! I think June needs emotional support more than power, she has enough of her own strength to gain the power she needs, Anden seems to be a wise choice, but, I think Day would be much more commi..."

Well....both of them don't have any time really. Anden is, well, Elector and Day is dying and needs to search for a cure. I think that neither of them have enough time to support her when she's in need, i think she has to do that
herself for Day and Anden's sake....

message 30: by Pat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Pat I hate when love triangles are introduced. Feel manipulated. If she winds up with Anden, I simply will not read any more Marie Lu books. I've done so before with other authors because I hate feeling manipulated throughout a series like this. Just my own personal take on these situations.

Manni Francis Its not really a love triangle though.. Day pretty much told her to go be with Anden. The whole ending of this book just made me really angry. She shouldve just fessed up right there and told him she loved him. Goodness June drives me insane anyway I really dont see it as a love triangle though. Hopefully she comes to her senses chases after Day and they find a cure and live happily ever after :) Or they fail and Day dies.. who really cares about Anden??

Angel Manni wrote: "Its not really a love triangle though.. Day pretty much told her to go be with Anden. The whole ending of this book just made me really angry. She shouldve just fessed up right there and told him s..."

Well, if she has to choose whether she ends up with Anden or Day, then it's a love triangle. I mean, Day told her to be with Anden but, she hasn't chosen herself whether to be with Anden or not...who knows, maybe in Champion she would end up saving Day?

message 33: by Nisi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nisi I agree with you tazer the ninja fish. Day and June were meant to be together.

Angel Nisi wrote: "I agree with you tazer the ninja fish. Day and June were meant to be together."

Yes, they are meant to be...But are they really in love is what i've been thinking

message 35: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy Thomson Angel wrote: "Nisi wrote: "I agree with you tazer the ninja fish. Day and June were meant to be together."

Yes, they are meant to be...But are they really in love is what i've been thinking"

Um, yes. yes there are really in love!

Angel Amy wrote: "Angel wrote: "Nisi wrote: "I agree with you tazer the ninja fish. Day and June were meant to be together."

Yes, they are meant to be...But are they really in love is what i've been thinking"

Um, ..."

Are you really sure? They don't even admit it to eachother, they don't even admit to themselves!

SHINY DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kelly DAY DAY DAY. DID I MENTION DAY?

message 39: by Zerad (new) - rated it 1 star

Zerad If Day did not end up with June... I don't know what I would do... Hopefully Marie is smart enough to listen to 99% of her fanbase.

message 40: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Day all the way
I mean come on he is so amazing and their relationship is so electrifying

message 41: by rae (new) - rated it 5 stars

rae I chose Day when the story began loll~
So..it was him before Anden even was introduced.

BUT HOW IT ENDED THOUGH. (O__O)
Not giving anything away.

Jamie Absolutely Day!!

message 43: by Pat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Pat I'd love to read a bit of an update eventually :)

Isabelle Lightwood Come on Day is the rebel! The bad boy. He is the one people want.

Sarah Anne Okay.
I absolutely love Day. Hes super cute and hes a bad boy and oh my god i just really really like him.
But Anden.
Im not saying that he is better. Im just saying that he is better for June.
I mean, did you see the way he looked at her and treated her even when she was his "prisoner"?
I dont know...
I love Day, but Im on team Anden.

Carla Campàs DAY, DAY, DAY, DAY
Isn't it obvious?
DAY

Anurad DAY♥

Nicole Laureen Thevening Day!!!❤

Helena Bloohm Day all the way because Day is bae.

message 50: by Nicky (new) - added it

Nicky Kiki Angel wrote: "Hawazen wrote: "Day...you just can't help but fall in love with him

*Spolier Alert*
But I am pretty sure that June and Anden will be a thing in Champion as long as June doesn't know that Day is di..."

But june is right for day in every way possible they understand each other

« previous 1