Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

Sweet Shadows (Medusa Girls, #2)
This topic is about Sweet Shadows
BUDDY READS: ARCHIVED > Sweet Shadows (Medusa Girls #2) by Tara Lynn Childs → Start Date: October 9, 2013

Comments Showing 1-50 of 135 (135 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Vicki (last edited Aug 23, 2013 11:24PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Join us as we continue reading about the Medusa girls. If this date is bad for you, we can always change it.

message 2: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments this should work great for me. Yay! thx for setting up the thread!

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments No problem! I sure as heck do miss you being online at the same times as I am. LOL

message 4: by Ashlyn (new) - added it

Ashlyn | 2085 comments This works for me :)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Oh, good, Ashlyn!!! :)

Kathy | 7950 comments Yay! Thanks Vicki! I can't wait! :)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments This is going to be a fun one, and we get to find out who the heck called! LOL

Marla | 1345 comments Can someone remind me when it gets closer, I am such a ditz these days!

Kathy | 7950 comments I'll remind you Marla! Also if just in case you didn't know and if you think it might be useful to you, this group has a folder where you can have your own thread to keep track of your buddy reads!! It's so awesome! You can organize it anyway you want to! Here is the link:
http://www.goodreads.com/topic/group_...

Hope this helps you! :)

Marla | 1345 comments I did not know this Kathy. Thanks for the link. Omg, Kathy, you have more buddy reads in a month than I read books!

I track my buddy reads, in progress and once completed, but I don't have them planned for the future.

Kathy | 7950 comments Marla wrote: "I did not know this Kathy. Thanks for the link. Omg, Kathy, you have more buddy reads in a month than I read books!

I track my buddy reads, in progress and once completed, but I don't have them pl..."

I know!! I can get carried away sometimes! But that is about how much I read...usually! lol! :)

Marla | 1345 comments Are we still doing this? I am requesting my copy from the library...

Kathy | 7950 comments Yes!! I'll get mine too! :D

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Yes, we better still be doing this! Lol

message 15: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments I have my copy!! I'm totally ready!!

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments YAY!! This one should be good!!

Kathy | 7950 comments Yes!!! I'll get mine soon! :D

Janessa King (janessaking) | 104 comments I'll join if I'm able to read Sweet Venom before the 9th. :)

Kathy | 7950 comments Janessa! It's really good and quick too! I hope you're able to join us! :D

Marla | 1345 comments Yay!

message 21: by Marla (last edited Sep 27, 2013 07:02PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Marla | 1345 comments Trisha, you've got your book...I don't see you waiting for us...you could just start and spoiler everything.

Welcome Janessa, Sweet Venom is a quick read, so join us for Sweet Shadows.

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Spoiler for book 1 (view spoiler)

Kathy | 7950 comments Vicki wrote: "Spoiler for book 1 [spoilers removed]"

Me too Vicki! I still think it is (view spoiler)

Marla | 1345 comments Kathy I agree...but I hope they are good guys!

Kathy | 7950 comments Me too! Me too!

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Kathy wrote: "Vicki wrote: "Spoiler for book 1 [spoilers removed]"

Me too Vicki! I still think it is [spoilers removed]"

I think you are right, Kathy. :o)

Kathy | 7950 comments I'm going to pick up my copy on Thursday.

I just can't think of who else it would be, unless Milo? But (view spoiler)

Janessa King (janessaking) | 104 comments Good news! I just finished Sweet Venom (which was really good, by the way, and what a crazy cliffhanger) so I will be reading Sweet Shadows with you guys! :D

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Janessa wrote: "Good news! I just finished Sweet Venom (which was really good, by the way, and what a crazy cliffhanger) so I will be reading Sweet Shadows with you guys! :D"

That's GREAT Janessa! I also LOVED Sweet Venom!! LOL HUGE cliffhanger!!

Kathy | 7950 comments I have my book! So I'm ready to go!! WooHoo!!! :D

message 31: by Toria (new)

Toria West (vampires1874) | 38 comments I have to get a new book

message 32: by Trisha, lives on coffee (last edited Oct 07, 2013 08:26AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Kathy wrote: "I have my book! So I'm ready to go!! WooHoo!!! :D"

I do too! I'm ready!

message 33: by Ashlyn (new) - added it

Ashlyn | 2085 comments I'm ready!

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I can hardly wait to find out WHO the caller was!!! Been driving me crazy!

Kathy | 7950 comments Yes!!! Me too!

message 36: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments I know!! It's been hard not to peak! Lol but I've kept the book in another too so I've been good and have waited! :D

Janessa King (janessaking) | 104 comments I have a theory about who the caller was....but I don't know if I'm right.

Marla | 1345 comments I should be picking up my book today or tomorrow!

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Janessa wrote: "I have a theory about who the caller was....but I don't know if I'm right."

Use a spoiler and those of us (me) who want to see what you think can read it.

message 40: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments is everyone okay with coming back every 6 chapters?
That way we get 2 chapters per MC: Greer, Grace, Gretchen.

Janessa King (janessaking) | 104 comments Vicki wrote: "Janessa wrote: "I have a theory about who the caller was....but I don't know if I'm right."

Use a spoiler and those of us (me) who want to see what you think can read it."

(view spoiler) That's what I'm thinking but *shrugs* who knows?

Kathy | 7950 comments Janessa wrote: "Vicki wrote: "Janessa wrote: "I have a theory about who the caller was....but I don't know if I'm right."

Use a spoiler and those of us (me) who want to see what you think can read it."

[spoilers..."

Janessa, I'm with Vicki! Don't be shy in telling us your theories. One of the great things about reading with other people is you can use them to bounce your theories off of and these girls are good listeners and have great insight. So don't hold back! lol!! :D

Janessa King (janessaking) | 104 comments I'll definitely keep that in mind next time. :D It just took me awhile to organize my thoughts and I didn't want it to sound confusing haha. :D

Kathy | 7950 comments Janessa wrote: "I'll definitely keep that in mind next time. :D It just took me awhile to organize my thoughts and I didn't want it to sound confusing haha. :D"

Oh I know! Sometimes I feel like I ramble on and I haven't made a lick of sense! So please excuse me if I do. lololol!! :D

Janessa King (janessaking) | 104 comments Same here! :D Sometimes I just have so many possible ideas going through my head that when I finally write them down, they don't make any sense! So I usually don't lol! :D

Kathy | 7950 comments Trisha wrote: "is everyone okay with coming back every 6 chapters?
That way we get 2 chapters per MC: Greer, Grace, Gretchen."

That sounds good to me! I'll prob start later, I need to get one book done and some others started too! :D

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Janessa, one of the best methods to improve reading comprehension is to predict and as you read it focuses you more because you look to see if your predictions are right or not. I make a lot of predictions that turn out wrong, but I also make correct predictions. I also like looking at deeper meanings, so sometimes you'll see that in my comments. The main thing is not to be shy and get those thoughts out. They'll help the rest of us reading the same book to look at things from a different perspective. :o)

Marla | 1345 comments My book is waiting patiently for me at the library...between volleyball games and homecoming stuff, I've been crazy (oh and work gearing up for the holiday shopping season)! After Saturday, life should settle down here to normal crazy.

I like the idea of 6 chapters. Last time putting our comments under spoilers helped when people read ahead or were running behind.

@Janessa, I could agree with your theory, it fits and makes sense, but I hope not. I am afraid that one or more of the boys are bad guys, but I like all of them, so I hope not.

I am especially glad that there isn't a love triangle. I'm quite tired of them.

Kathy | 7950 comments Marla wrote: "My book is waiting patiently for me at the library...between volleyball games and homecoming stuff, I've been crazy (oh and work gearing up for the holiday shopping season)! After Saturday, life sh..."

Did you just say 'holiday shopping'???? lol! I haven't even though about it yet! :D

I'm glad for no triangles tooo!!!!!

Janessa King (janessaking) | 104 comments Marla's not the only one holiday shopping. I already have presents wrapped. :D

« previous 1 3