Insurgent (Divergent, #2) Insurgent discussion

Why did Andrew leave Erudite and why did he hate them so much

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Memi (last edited Aug 23, 2013 11:23PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Memi Andrew seems to have very un-Abnegation like hatred for Erudite his place of origin. he specifically has a particular hatred for Jeanine Matthews. Some believe that he and Jeanine were related or even siblings.

I do not believe that Andrew and Jeanine are siblings or even related. Evelyn told Tris that she, Jeanine and Andrew were all Erudite and went to school together. She stated that Andrew and Jeanine were childhood friends and went to school together friends and that their families were friends she did not say relatives. If Evelyn really wanted to hurt Tris and I believe she did by revealing that information to her. If Jeanine and Andrew were actually related Evelyn would have had no problem with dropping that bomb on Tris for maximum pain. Also towards the end of the book when Tori has her confrontation with Jeanine. Jeanine had told Tori that "the reason for my actions are beyond your understanding. I was willing to make a sacrifice for the greater good something you have never understood even when we were classmates" I wonder if Jeanine was related to Andrew or knew of their friendship why Tori would not have mentioned it to Tris unless he completely changed his identity including his last name maybe. Tori did know that Andrew Prior was her old classmate.

From the conversation that Jeanine and Tori had made me think that he broke with Erudite a faction that once was good but saw that things were changing doing things for the greater good by doing the opposite.

What is your take I. This matter.

kirstin ✿ Just a question, do you hate Jeanine? I've read your other posts. I really liked your theories; they somehow made sense. But I observed that you seemed to be implying that Jeanine was really a... bad person (for lack of a better word). XD

Lani I forgot who Andrew is.

message 4: by Memi (last edited Aug 25, 2013 02:21AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Memi ◄KɪʀsᴛɪN► wrote: "Just a question, do you hate Jeanine? I've read your other posts. I really liked your theories; they somehow made sense. But I observed that you seemed to be implying that Jeanine was really a... b..."

Well yeah In my mind she was a bad person and I hate this character. Everything bad that happened to the people in the city she was directly or indirectly a part of. She had more than half of the Abnegation killed not sure if it was more they didn't give percentages, turned the dauntless into her puppet army did the same to candor and hunted and killed some divergent. In most characters minds she is the villain.

I don't know maybe It's just me but based on some of the points I made she seems to be bad unless I'm missing something? Maybe some will say she is just misunderstood but in my eyes murdering hundreds of people because you want to keep everyone inside the fence and wanting to enslave other peoples minds from what she considers unnecessary factions for slave labor or how she puts to create prosperous conditions does't sing good person who's just going about it the wrong way.

Memi Anaya wrote: "I forgot who Andrew is."

He is Tris's father Andrew Prior Abnegation council member.

Lani Memi wrote: "Anaya wrote: "I forgot who Andrew is."

He is Tris's father Andrew Prior Abnegation council member."

Okay thanks

notyourfriend I think that Andrew didn't like Erudite and transferred out because he knew that they were up to no good.

Italia8989 I assume Andrew transferred out of Erudite because they rely on their minds for everything. Abnegations do not rely on intellect and science to improve the well being of others' lives. Erudites take a more practical approach to things and are nothing without their minds. Andrew probably did not want to end up like them.

Memi Italia8989 wrote: "I assume Andrew transferred out of Erudite because they rely on their minds for everything. Abnegations do not rely on intellect and science to improve the well being of others' lives. Erudites tak..."

Like thar answer!

Italia8989 Thanks, Memi!