Bookeaters discussion

Random/Fun n' Games/Let's Talk > Break-a-Wish Foundation

Comments Showing 1-41 of 41 (41 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Taylor (new)

Taylor  | 3024 comments Mod
This is a new game we're gonna play. It was a really popular game when I started here on Goodreads about five years ago. :)

The procedure is simple -- you ruin the wish of the poster above you, then make your own.

Ex.:

Post 1: I wish I could visit the Bahamas.

Post 2: If you do, you'll get eaten by sharks and your mangled body will be fed to tourists.

I'll kick this off.

I wish someone could fall in love with me.

message 2: by Alina (new)

Alina (alinapink-rose) | 1958 comments This is just like Crush a Wish I have seen around on different servers.

Someone does fall in love with you, but suddenly they realize that you were the wrong person. They break up with you, and are embarrassed that you weren't the person they thought you were. Then they blame you for the whole thing, and you have to keep waiting. :P

I wish I didn't have so many allergies to so many stupid things.

message 3: by Taylor (new)

@Alina

You requested it, so I put it on. I think my name is more creative, though. :P

You don't have allergies, but you don't have a nose and you have to smell with your fingertips.

I wish I worked in a nice, quiet place, and make more money.

message 4: by Jude (new)

Jude | 1402 comments whaddif i dont wanna break that wish? heck, I wish you could do that.

message 5: by Taylor (new)

((You do it anyway. That's the fun of the game. ^_^))

Saru (Queen of Bookland) (sarulovesbooks) | 3543 comments Mod
You do, but realize it is just a front for the mafia. You get caught in one of their shoot-outs and slowly bleed to death.

I wish I had more time to do stuff.

message 7: by Alina (new)

Alina (alinapink-rose) | 1958 comments You never get more time to do stuff. Because everything is stuff, but you can't do things you like. Your stuck with homework, chores, homework, chores.... And it never ends!

I wish I could just write my opinion WITHOUT supporting fact for my editorial essay.

message 8: by Sevania (new)

Sevania (sevthedev) | 1572 comments Well, you can, I mean you're totally capable of that, but by doing it you fail the assignment, never pass your school, and have a horrible life.

I wish my summer homework was just done already.

You finish, but do an awful job, fail school and end up homeless.

I wish I was happy. :(

message 10: by Alina (new)

Alina (alinapink-rose) | 1958 comments Your never happy again, so you have to take happy pills just so you don't commit suicide.

I wish I could read read The Lightning Thief.

message 11: by Viktorija (last edited Sep 05, 2013 04:31PM) (new)

Viktorija (ViktorijaWinters) | 26 comments Well you can't. For I have just purchased every copy ever made with my professors stripping money (:<

Muahaha...Aaaaahahahahaa..AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

I wish my cat would get off of me.

She gets off of you, and NEVER COMES BACK.

I wish I had a pet dog.

message 13: by Viktorija (new)

Viktorija (ViktorijaWinters) | 26 comments It's a he. And he loves me too much too leave. He's a total lap-whore anyway.

And that sucks that you don't because I do. She's right here beside me, being a pit-bull and pouting.

Also you'd be the worst owner.

I wish it would keep raining.

message 14: by Sumaiyya (new)

Sumaiyya | 16 comments Then the streets would flood and your loved ones would all float away and you'd never see them again.

I wish I was less awkward.

message 15: by Alina (new)

Alina (alinapink-rose) | 1958 comments I would actually like that much rain. It would be a win-win situation for me.

You become more and more awkward, until no one can stand you, so you commit suicide.

I wish I had more time to do stuff besides school and chores.

message 16: by Viktorija (last edited Sep 05, 2013 08:29PM) (new)

Viktorija (ViktorijaWinters) | 26 comments Well you don't. So you're going to stay a miserable person until school and chores are over with, and the time comes for bills and taxes. Welcome to slavery.

I wish I had an apple.

message 17: by Taylor (new)

((I forgot to clarify that the wish must be granted, but there had to be something wrong with it.))

You get the apple, but you eat the worm inside of it.

(Curious to see what happens with this one.) I wish I could marry Hazel.

message 18: by Viktorija (last edited Sep 06, 2013 12:58PM) (new)

Viktorija (ViktorijaWinters) | 26 comments ...I'm sorry, I just can't do it. I just can't. I feel so bad for you and I just can't crush your wish like that. I'll leave it to some other heart-breaker.

*breaks down sobbing* I HOPE IT WORKS OUT FOR YOU TWO!

I have no purpose here anymore.

message 19: by Alina (new)

Alina (alinapink-rose) | 1958 comments LOL, NICE ONE VIKTORJA!! But I can be a good heart- breaker every now and again. Let me just say this out, I don't mean any of it!! Serious!

You marry Hazel, but you don't entirely love one another anymore. So you and Hazel are always having fights and hardly see each other when your not fighting. Eventually you figure out she is cheating on you, and then divorces you. Your left broken-hearten and unmarried for the rest of your life.

AGAIN I DON'T ACTUALLY MEAN THIS!!!

I wish I didn't have so many stupid portfolios to do in less then 4 days.

message 20: by Taylor (new)

((Is it weird that I totally think this will happen to me, regardless of whom I marry? XD ))

The portfolio demand diminishes, but you don't learn everything you need to and you fail future classes.

I wish 5:30 could come so I can stop anxiously anticipating my date.

message 21: by Viktorija (new)

Viktorija (ViktorijaWinters) | 26 comments .....I still can't do it. I'm sorry.

It gets to be 5:29. Your date cancels on you.

I wish I could have IRL friends.

message 23: by Alina (new)

Alina (alinapink-rose) | 1958 comments @ Saru, Nice one Saru! Sweet and short.

@Taylor, well you can always have hope.... you know..... that it won't happen that way....... I am not sure what else to say :P

You get real life friends, but they are total bullies and make you do things that you know you shouldn't really do. And if you don't do them, they think your totally lame and block you out.

I wish I had super fast typing to take notes faster.

message 24: by Viktorija (last edited Sep 07, 2013 12:28AM) (new)

Viktorija (ViktorijaWinters) | 26 comments Oh you develop super-speed typing skills alright. And you become famous for them (woot woot!). But you end up abusing this power one day after breaking all of your fingers from typing too hard and to fast, therefore you'll never be able to type again forever for life!

I wish I was good at math.

message 25: by Olivia (new)

Olivia | 148 comments You become good at math so they move you up grades where you end up failing all tests.

message 26: by Jude (new)

Jude | 1402 comments Olivia wrote: "You become good at math so they move you up grades where you end up failing all tests."

wish?

message 27: by Alina (new)

Alina (alinapink-rose) | 1958 comments Eck, September?

I wish I could see The desolation of Smaug.

message 28: by Jude (new)

Jude | 1402 comments You watch it and it sucks just like the hobbit (book).

you watch it, but while you are watching it everything comes to life from the movie and you get killed

I wish i could know if my friend actually wants to be my friend.

message 29: by Alina (last edited Mar 24, 2014 09:07AM) (new)

Alina (alinapink-rose) | 1958 comments (( I'm still going to have to kill you.))

You're told by your friend if s/he actually wants to your friend, they say no.

I wish that I could go to New Mexico now, instead of 2 weeks from now. -_-

message 30: by Taylor (new)

New Mexico burned to the ground tonight.

I wish I could get back together with Diane.

message 31: by Alina (new)

Alina (alinapink-rose) | 1958 comments Ugg, why do you always make such hard wishes to destroy?

Okay, Diana gentle confronts you and completely breaks up with you. But she does it in a subtle matter.

I wish my school could do itself, at least once.

message 32: by Taylor (new)

Lol, that's basically what happened. Whoops.

Your homework does itself, but it gives all the wrong answers.

I wish I could remember all my homework assignments so I won't fail at university.

message 33: by Alina (new)

Alina (alinapink-rose) | 1958 comments Whoops indeed. By the way, nice one on mine! XD

You suddenly remember a whole bunch of assignments you had to do. But turns out it was actually someone else's work, and you only remember that because they were complaining at you for how much work they had. So you do that work, and end up failing at the university, so does the other person who's homework you did.

I wish that Thor 2 wasn't such a cliff hanger.

message 34: by Taylor (new)

It's not a cliffhanger, but that makes it so that nobody wants to see the other Marvel films, and so they stop making more.

I wish I could be a good writer.

message 35: by Alina (new)

Alina (alinapink-rose) | 1958 comments You become a good writer, but you write stories and poems that nobody likes, so it's pointless to even try.

I wish I could actually create decent poems. :P

message 36: by Taylor (new)

You create decent poems, but one of them is so emotionally powerful that some of your readers go jump off cliffs.

I wish that my stalker would leave me alone.

message 37: by Alina (last edited Apr 01, 2014 07:33PM) (new)

Alina (alinapink-rose) | 1958 comments Yeah, I wish I could create them that good. :P

Your stalker actually leaves you alone, but s/he tells all of his/her friends, and so you have a whole new bundle of stalkers. ^_^

I wish I wasn't stuck in the middle of my book I'm writing. -_-

By the way, did you see my suggestions in the Group Changes thread?

message 38: by Jude (new)

Jude | 1402 comments you get unstuck, but then you can't stop writing and you keep on writing and writing and writing and you are doomed to have a pen and paper in your hands forever and write. and write. and write. and write.

i hope that tsunami doesn't hit hawaii

message 39: by Alina (new)

Alina (alinapink-rose) | 1958 comments I doesn't, it hits California instead. And Hawaii has a super huge volcano erupt, destroying almost the whole island.

I wish I had a telescope.

message 40: by Ember Skye (new)

Ember Skye You get one, but the lenses are so good that you look at a star through it and go blind XD

I wish I wasn't broken

message 41: by Alina (new)

Alina (alinapink-rose) | 1958 comments Well, at least now I know why this thread went down hill. Thank you Jason, by the way for making such a difficult wish to crush...

You get put back together, but with cheap glue. You eventually go back outside and break harder and worse than before.

I wish that I could act in some part of any Marvel movie.