Manga Book Club discussion

Questions > What Happened?

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cozen (new)

Cozen Have you ever loved a manga title that when it was made into an anime, you were so upset that you could not even bring yourself to watch it?

"Special A" was one of my favorite titles to read and I was really excited that they made it into a anime. Well, I was excited until I watched it, that is.

The artwork, did not compare in quality. The main character body scale/portion were not simular or equal. More inportantly, the charism the main characters had, nothing. It wasn't there.

To say that my catatonic state for four days, was not due to the effect of watching that anime, would be a pure act of denial.

Even now, to this day, I still refuse to watch it for fear it will taint my good opinion of the manga.

Out of the 4,000+ read titles to date, "Special A" Vol. 8, Chapter 42 is my favorite manga chapter created of all time. http://www.mangahere.com/manga/specia...

message 2: by Doc (new)

Doc (docpersona) | 172 comments Sorta...It is more like sometimes I watch a series then when I read a manga from it I realize the anime is just not as good (see original Fullmetal Alchemist). The Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood did follow the manga and I still enjoy it more then the first anime.

Now where is the interest in a +Anima animated series. That would have potential of a a great show and the manga series is complete. :)

message 3: by Starbubbles, Respected Elder (new)

Starbubbles | 871 comments Mod
Pretear was sort of like that for me. Pretear was an anime first though, and the manga wasn't as good as the anime.

message 4: by Rasheta (new)

Rasheta (rashetasedai) | 5 comments The 13 episode Hellsing series, was like that for me. Although it did make up for itself later as Hellsing Ultimate is a-mazing.

message 5: by Kabel (new)

Kabel Arisato (hitmeidareu) | 2 comments For me it was Soul Eater and Mirai Nikki (The Future Diary). The Anime endings are just bad in my opinion compared to the Manga endings. Some Anime ends while Manga is still ongoing.

message 6: by Cozen (new)

Cozen Fruit basket did that too. I expected something... Grander. But what ended in the anime left you so far out in left field, you almost had to read the manga to find out what happened. It too disappointed me on who finally ended up coupling together.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

For me, this season, it's Shingeki no Kyojin and Gin no Saji. Actually, almost all manga I read that adapted into anime, really ヽ(´~`;)

message 8: by James (new)

James | 29 comments i liked the first Hellsing and Fullmetal anime more then there remakes. Controversial I know I'm putting out there.

the worst manga to anime i seen was rosario+vampire. sweet vampire romantic comedy tried into a horrible eccih mess. :( i wished i know that before parting with cash for the DVD. (or showing it to my wife say this is say this is a sweet vampire romantic comedy and one of my favourite manga's)

but for me it goes in the other way were i pick up manga that i hate of anime i love. any the gundam manga i every tried reading just come of as really boring.

message 9: by Orlaith (new)

Orlaith | 22 comments I don't think I've ever read a manga before seeing the anime. I was surprised at the Fruits Basket manga, how much deeper and more complex the storyline was. Oh, and when reading Utena I found it very hard not to laugh every time she called her prince "Mr. Licky". That was bizarre! But I don't think there are any manga series I've read where I saw the anime afterwards.

message 10: by Doc (new)

Doc (docpersona) | 172 comments Orlaith wrote: "I don't think I've ever read a manga before seeing the anime. I was surprised at the Fruits Basket manga, how much deeper and more complex the storyline was. Oh, and when reading Utena I found it v..."

No time like the present. Find an anime that looks interesting and try to find a manga for it. You might have to look for the Japanese title and read some fan translated stuff to pull it off. :)