A Song of Ice & Fire Fans discussion

A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1)
This topic is about A Game of Thrones
Why I love (and hate) Littlefinger....

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by H (new) - rated it 3 stars

H Hunt | 34 comments He's such a poser... a snake n the grass as well as a pimp. But it's like he's an anti- hero, he's grudgingly likable. He makes me wonder...

Eyehavenofilter | 764 comments Littletwistedfinger is the cherry to my sundae, the pecan to my apple pie, the lemon squeezed mistakenly into my tea and milk, he's the catalyst that this saga could not proceed without.
His manipulation of the Tully-Stark situation started when he was but a boy and "boy" is he getting some revenge right now.
I can hardly wait to see what he does next...at swords length away, mind you.

K-dizzle (kvb666) | 19 comments I love Littlefinger...his character is super smart and you have no idea what to expect of him...and he's so awesome at playing the Game that unexpected incidents (e.g. Lysa and the moon door) just manage to fit around his plans.
I also like him because he is teaching Sansa to play the Game and that can only be good for her coz that girl is almost as dumb as an Aurochs.

Amber (ivorydoom) | 835 comments Honestly, I thought his best move was Jon Arryn.
I will say that was one moment where I literally said...

Holy Shit.

Didn't see that coming at all.

Bernadette | 17 comments One heck of a character - smart but still hurt over the rejection of cat...

message 6: by S (new)

S I'm surprised no one has gotten to his creepy relationship with Sansa. She's pretending to be his daughter, but his feelings for her don't exactly seem fatherly. It's not as disgusting as Jamie and Cersei but, still, as Charlie Brown used to say, "Bleahhhh!"

Hans  (hanserik) | 2 comments What`s there not to like?

Amber (ivorydoom) | 835 comments Lysa Tully and Jon Arryn was a more disgusting match than Petyr Baelish and Sansa Stark.
Sansa is already married to a man 12 years her senior, Petyr is only 18 years older and much better looking.
Seems like a lot, but Jon was 41 years older than Lysa. So.....I dunno.
And look at the Freys. Lord Walder Frey is 75 years older than his 8th Wife.

To me, it's not that overly disgusting that Petyr would be interested in Sansa. She's gorgeous and he obviously has a thing for girls in the Tully line. It's not like he is her ACTUAL father or anything. In my opinion it wouldn't even be that gross if they ended up together in the end. They might actually make a pretty good pair.

message 9: by S (new)

S Note -actor Aidan Gillen (littlefinger on HBO) has actually been de-glammed to play the role.

Jenny (gielske) | 107 comments I don't really like what he's doing to Sansa and little unlikable misguided robert for that matter... He's potentialy setting her up for a mighty fall and I wonder how long the little lord will last in his 'tender' cares.

Jenny (gielske) | 107 comments He's teaching her the game yes. But when you play the game of thrones you win or you die... Wasn't she better of being in Highgarden though wedded. Rob declared an heir in his will and bran and rickon come before her anyway...

Kirby | 71 comments I just finished rereading book 3 (so spoilers for that book), and I still don't understand why (view spoiler)

Amber (ivorydoom) | 835 comments @Kirby - (view spoiler)

Jonathan Gillespie (jonathancgillespie) | 62 comments I'm definitely enjoying the character from where I am, way, way back in the first book. He's actually one of my favorites. He's this devious fulcrum around which so much of the intrigue in the book revolves. And I loves me some intrigue.

I don't know why, but I could have easily seen Benedict Cumberbatch in the role.

Karen Azinger | 256 comments I actually like Littlefinger more in HBO than the books. Or maybe 'like' is not the right word. I find him more intriguing, more compelling, mostly because of the great scenes and dialogue that they've added between Littlefinger and Varys. He's so devious, self-serving, and two-faced, you can't wait to see what he will do next.

Amber (ivorydoom) | 835 comments I kinda agree Karen. He does a lot of that same stuff in the books, but they really make it more blatent in the TV show so you can appreciate it more thoroughly. I'll give them that.
I didn't really get his character or start to appreciate his insane genious until I was nearly finished with SOS which is quite a ways into the story really. Considering how much his character contributes to the game, I'm actually glad HBO has put him more front and center. He's a serious player.

I'm usually opposed to HBO doing stuff like that because I like the surprise and the arch it creates for the story, but in this case it's well done and probably necessary to portray through the medium of tv.

Karen Azinger | 256 comments I agree Amber. Those scenes with Varys add so much and really bring out Littlefinger's true nature. They are a delight to watch. And I think the actor is terrific. One instance where the show enhances what is already in the books and brings it to the fore.

Karen Azinger | 256 comments But that is exactly what makes GOT so rich! There are characters you love and characters you hate!

Jonathan Gillespie (jonathancgillespie) | 62 comments I just want to drop in and say that Littlefinger is a great character specifically because you love to hate him :)