Sword Of Truth discussion

The Third Kingdom (Sword of Truth, #13; Richard and Kahlan, #2)
This topic is about The Third Kingdom
The Third Kingdom (Spoilers)

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Maci (last edited Aug 24, 2013 01:01PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Maci (macij) | 23 comments Okay, so I just finished "The Third Kingdom" and I am like almost in tears about ben and cara!!!! I can not even explain how upset I am!!! (Still loved the book though and Terry)

Maci (macij) | 23 comments Mine too!!! I was just so beside myself :(

Marina Fontaine (marina_fontaine) | 98 comments :CRY: I should have known. In truth, it would have been unrealistic to have EVERYONE escape from such dire circumstances. Hopefully in the next book there will be a parallel story of Cara doing some serious killing. I'd be cool with that.

Maci (macij) | 23 comments Me too! I mean she had just truly found happiness. Way to pull a "George RR Martin" Terry!!!

Marina Fontaine (marina_fontaine) | 98 comments He did kill have serious body count in SoT, including some characters we cared about. Still...

message 6: by Herbert (new)

Herbert (novelnemisus) | 75 comments As long as they leave Berdine alone I am good! Zedd will die soon me thinks! If Terry killed Cara, no one is safe!!!!!
I mean...no one!!!!

Maci (macij) | 23 comments he didn't kill Cara.

Marina Fontaine (marina_fontaine) | 98 comments Maci wrote: "he didn't kill Cara."

Only figuratively speaking:( She will never be the same.

message 9: by Herbert (new)

Herbert (novelnemisus) | 75 comments Masha wrote: "Maci wrote: "he didn't kill Cara."

Only figuratively speaking:( She will never be the same."

Thank you Masha!
Yes that is what I meant. Out of the mains though I think that we all should gear up for a Zedd death. Not so much Nathan just though he may follow or, be killed at the same time as Zedd. I say Zedd because he has been with us for so long and, he is pretty far along in years now and, he only has additive magic. This Arc fellow is a whole other animal than we have ever dealt with before. Plus, Zedd's kinda gotten flat as well so, perhaps that is a clue? Just be on the look out for a Zedd death.

Marina Fontaine (marina_fontaine) | 98 comments Frankly, I'm surprised Zedd lived this long. It's such a trope to kill off the wise teacher once the student comes into his own.

I've been thinking, Goodkind doesn't do well with couples:

Berdine/Raina
Verna/Warren
Zedd/Ann
Nathan/Clarice

And now this.

message 11: by Maci (new) - rated it 4 stars

Maci (macij) | 23 comments True! Poor Richard and Kahlyn have yet to be able to enjoy there lives, I don't think they ever will

message 12: by Herbert (new)

Herbert (novelnemisus) | 75 comments Masha wrote: "Frankly, I'm surprised Zedd lived this long. It's such a trope to kill off the wise teacher once the student comes into his own.

I've been thinking, Goodkind doesn't do well with couples:

Berdine..."

True. However, to be fair, Zedd and, Anne weren't really a couple per say. Addie and, Zedd were more than he and Anne was. I get your point though, He better not kill off Nyda because deserves to be happy also. As far as Cara goes...Cara if you are looking for somebody...I am available. LOL!

Marina Fontaine (marina_fontaine) | 98 comments Adie and Zedd were good friends. Ann and Zedd were like a rom-com couple who always fight and get into scrapes together, then realize they care for each other. I liked that dynamic.

message 14: by Herbert (new)

Herbert (novelnemisus) | 75 comments Oh I see now. Yes. Sorry you are right. I just thought because Zedd and, Addie got really, really close that first night on his Wizard's rock. "Naked?" They were only good friends in the end. However, as I said, I hope that he will leave Nyda alone.

message 15: by Maci (new) - rated it 4 stars

Maci (macij) | 23 comments Ann and Nathan were more of a couple then Zedd and Ann

message 16: by Herbert (new)

Herbert (novelnemisus) | 75 comments Maci wrote: "Ann and Nathan were more of a couple then Zedd and Ann"

That is true too. Though I think that Nathan and, his rooms back at the palace of the prophets could be considered yet another tragic laced couple. They were together for about nine hundred years after all. Then...the rooms died. No more home for Nathan. Thanks Richard. :)

message 17: by Maci (new) - rated it 4 stars

Maci (macij) | 23 comments Moving away from the couples. I really liked that he connected stuff from First Confessor to TTK. Naja Moon and such

Marina Fontaine (marina_fontaine) | 98 comments He actually did a good balance of giving good stuff to people who read the e-book and not confusing those who didn't.

message 19: by Maci (new) - rated it 4 stars

Maci (macij) | 23 comments yes I enjoyed that too. and I was thinking, in FC doesnt magda get attcked by some creater like the dead men?

message 20: by Eyob (new) - rated it 5 stars

Eyob Abai | 2 comments Man I just love this series

message 21: by Jon Altenburger (new)

Jon Altenburger | 1 comments Will be an interesting race on who gets to the peoples palace first the undead or Richard and Kahlen, can't wait for the next book. Also how can Richard defeat this foe?

message 22: by Herbert (new)

Herbert (novelnemisus) | 75 comments Anybody know what the next book will be called?

message 23: by Joel (new) - rated it 4 stars

Joel | 15 comments The next book in the series is called "Severed Souls" look for it on your E reader around August 5th 2014. Hard cover doesn't have a estimate for a date release yet. As I gather from the title someone important doesn't get back to the containment field in time and looses their soul. Goodkind can go on forever in this case if Richard is on the notorious hunt to end this new war and claim his soul back.

message 24: by Joel (new) - rated it 4 stars

Joel | 15 comments Look for Cara having her own spin off book/series as did Jensen Rhal in "Law of The Nines".

message 25: by Joel (new) - rated it 4 stars

Joel | 15 comments If prophecy has to end to win this war what will happen to Nathan? The last Prophet will probably written off to die unfortunately it only seems to add up.

message 26: by Herbert (new)

Herbert (novelnemisus) | 75 comments Joel wrote: "If prophecy has to end to win this war what will happen to Nathan? The last Prophet will probably written off to die unfortunately it only seems to add up."

Wouldn't it suck if Ricard has to kill Nathan in order to win this war? By the way, I thought they said this is the Great War renewed. Also, how many rogue Mord-Sith are there out there? Be neat to do a Cara novel where she either gathers them all back to Richard's cause or, kills them. For with Cara, there is no middle ground. Terry cam dangerously close to breaking Cara's character at the end there I thought. One other thing. No more repeating passages please.

message 27: by Joel (new) - rated it 4 stars

Joel | 15 comments Yeah I still need to get my hands on the first confessor. You're right about the war renewed. As for the rogue mord sith as far as I know any previous Rhal leader that sent one to the Fajin Province probably was killed or turned. Cara is her own worst enemy but I can't see her turning. I can see her husband's abrupt death feed into her hatred and determination to kill these undead foes but the reality may either get her killed or eventually come across richard's path again. It's entirely up to the author which way he goes for all I know I can be way out inleft ffield.

Leanne I love Cara to bits and was so upset when Ben died! I love them as a couple and cried when they got married, I was so happy :D Poor Cara!

message 29: by Joel (new) - rated it 4 stars

Joel | 15 comments And we read severed souls. Sulachan was raised from the dead I'm sure Richard will eventually make his way back. We know it's not the last book because they hardly touched base on Hanis Arc and Sulachan.