Dangerous Hero Addict Support Group discussion

Themes > Foster Child--All Grown Up

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

namericanwordcat | 242 comments I would love to read some more romances where we get the ultimate happily ever after to those heros and heroines who made it through the foster care system to find love and make strong families.

I have a list going! Your recs wanted!

http://www.goodreads.com/list/show/42...

message 2: by Kim Davis (new)

Kim Davis | 134 comments Oh! I know I read a good one not too long ago, but of course I can't remember the name of it now. I have to think on it.

message 3: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) Animal Magnetism (Animal Magnetism, #1) by Jill Shalvis Animal Attraction (Animal Magnetism, #2) by Jill Shalvis - have HEAs for former foster care kids.

message 4: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 702 comments Jaci Burton started a series, the first book is The Heart of a Killer (The Killer, #1) by Jaci Burton , but left this message for the second book, Killer Decision (The Killer, #2) by Jaci Burton , Unfortunately, I’ve pulled Killer Decision from my release schedule. I’m focusing all my attention on contemporary romance right now, and less on romantic suspense, so I just don’t feel this book fits in with what I’m writing at the moment. Maybe at some point in the future I’ll decide to publish the book, but not right now.

So not sure if anyone wants to bother with the first book. I did like the first, so was sad when the message came out.

Nichole ~Bookaholic~ (nicholebookaholic) Darcy wrote: "Jaci Burton started a series, the first book is The Heart of a Killer (The Killer, #1) by Jaci Burton, but left this message for the second book, Killer Decision (The Killer, #2) by Jaci Burton, Unfortunately, I’ve pull..."

Well that sucks.... I liked the first one

message 6: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 702 comments I know!

message 7: by Pamela(AllHoney), Danger Zone (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 1706 comments Mod
I did foster care for several years and I don't like the way most are portrayed in books. But I don't mind the theme itself. I just wish people would put more research into the foster care system before they write about it.

message 8: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 702 comments Pamela(AllHoney) wrote: "I did foster care for several years and I don't like the way most are portrayed in books."

I can understand that. Most of them are evil places where people have been abused and hurt bad. I know it happens, but there are a lot of good places too.

message 9: by Pamela(AllHoney), Danger Zone (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 1706 comments Mod
While doing foster care I met many other foster families. Most every one I met were so nice and caring.

message 10: by namericanwordcat (new)

namericanwordcat | 242 comments I know. It would be good if they were better researched.

message 11: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 702 comments I just realized that my last comment could/would offend. I didn't mean it to. What I meant was that most foster families in books are portrayed that way, not real life.

::sigh:: I hate it when the idea in my head doesn't make it to my fingers in the way I mean it too. Foot, mouth, yep that is me! Sorry!!