Chicks with Swords: A Book Club discussion

"The Wild Roses" is now on 3 Amazon bestseller lists -- on sale for $0.99

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Robert (last edited Aug 23, 2013 06:40PM) (new)

Robert Elisberg When I saw the name of this group, I had to rush over -- for reasons that will be blatantly obvious.

What I first wanted to mention though (with pleasure...and not a small bit of shock) is that my novel The Wild Roses has made the Top 50 in no less than three different Amazon categories this week.

Action/Adventure -- #32
Women's Fiction -- #43
Historical Fiction -- #47

And further, it reached #1129 overall in Amazon Kindle sales.

What made me particularly smile is that the book -- a comic adventure in the spirit of The Three Musketeers, but with three women, was described by author Bart Baker as -- "Hot chicks with swords..."

I had put the book on sale for a week at $0.99 -- down from its regular price of $3.99. To follow the Hippocratic Oath of "First, Do No Harm," I've decided to not screw around with things, and therefore will keep the sale price for a few days more.

"The Wild Roses" tells the tale of three young women who are each forced to leave their homes, against their wishes. On their own, they make their way through the world until their paths overlap with one another, and with the destiny of France. The story takes place during a time of Civil War, and mixes fiction with real-life historical personalities.

It's on sale at Amazon here --
http://www.amazon.com/The-Wild-Roses-...

The Wild Roses by Robert J. Elisberg

message 2: by Hockey Mama (new)

Hockey Mama I'll check it out.
Thanks for the note!

message 3: by Robert (new)

Robert Elisberg Nikki,

Thanks much. Just so you know, however, the sale is no longer active. I certainly hope you'll check out out regardless (and hopefully the price is still reasonable), but if not I appreciate your interest.