New York Times Bestsellers List discussion

October Nominations

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cherene (new)

Cherene I apologise for the delay. My computer is undergoing some major work right now and I haven't had access to the internet because of that. Therefore, feel free to nominate books off this list from now until September 5th, 2013.

I hope everyone is excited about the September reads. :)

message 2: by Kristie (new)

Kristie Cherene - Are we nominated just one book this month or are we continuing with the two nominations for now?

message 3: by Anima (new)

Anima Miejska I would like to nominate Dust (Silo, #3) by Hugh Howey , here is the synopsis:

In a time when secrets and lies were the foundations of life, someone has discovered the truth. And they are going to tell.

Jules knows what her predecessors created. She knows they are the reason life has to be lived in this way.

And she won't stand for it.

But Jules no longer has supporters. And there is far more to fear than the toxic world beyond her walls.

A poison is growing from within Silo 18.

One that cannot be stopped.

Unless Silo 1 step in.

And there is still a lot of time to catch up with the whole series of Silo :) I just love it and think it as one of the best SF series I've read so far :)

message 4: by Kristie (new)

Kristie I want to read that too, but I'm still on Wool. I haven't even gotten to Shift yet.

message 5: by Donna (new)

Donna I nominate Bombshell (FBI Thriller #17) by Catherine Coulter

message 6: by Kristie (last edited Aug 26, 2013 03:46PM) (new)

Kristie I have had such a difficult time deciding what to nominate this month! I finally want to get around to Ender's Game and I also want to read The Husband's Secret because I've heard so many good things about it! There's so many others that I want to nominate too, but I can't read them all in one month!! I guess I will nominate both of them, if we are still allowed to nominate more than one book.

Ender's Game (Ender's Saga, #1) by Orson Scott Card The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty

message 7: by Kristie (new)

Kristie And yes Cherene! I am looking forward to both of the books for next month! I have The Light Between Oceans all ready to go and I'm waiting on the library for The Last Original Wife. I'm hold #8 right now, but our consortium has 7 copies. Hopefully, I'll get it just about the time I finish up the first one. :)

message 8: by Cherene (new)

Cherene Sorry, yes as many as wanted still. This lack of internet is getting very frustrating.

message 9: by Anima (new)

Anima Miejska Kristie, these reads are on my TBR list as well, so I may decide to vote on your proposals *grins*

message 10: by Kristie (new)

Kristie :) I still don't know what I'm voting for!