Classics for Beginners discussion

Your Personal Classics > Joy's classics

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (erinpaperbackstash) Joy wrote: "Planning to start 2014 with The Woman in White and The Brothers Karamazov. After that I think I will be going for some shorter reads."

Let me know what you think of The Woman in White. I'm assuming it was the one that inspired the movie? I wasn't able to get into the film and didn't watch most of it.

message 2: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (barbara114) | 5 comments Reading The Brothers Karamazov for the fourth time. Just can't get enough of this one! Something new every time.

message 3: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (barbara114) | 5 comments Good to know your review! I've always wondered about this book.

message 4: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 39 comments You've got some great titles there! I thoroughly recommend The Picture of Dorian Gray. It was probably the first classic I read outside of school and it encouraged me to read so many more after.

If you ever fancy doing a buddy read, you've got quite a few classics on your to-read list that I wouldn't mind tagging along with!

message 5: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 39 comments Ah quite the busy bee! I did want to do the group read of Gone With The Wind and I was quite disappointed when my library didn't have it. Always another time.

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (erinpaperbackstash) Joy wrote: "I am absolutely loving Woman in White. It's action packed, laugh out loud funny in places, and keeping me on the edge of my seat."

I'll have to add it to "the list" then :)