The Black Echo (Harry Bosch, #1; Harry Bosch Universe, #1) The Black Echo discussion

Can someone spoil the ending for me? (SPOILERS)

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Red (new) - rated it 3 stars

Red Heaven I love Michael Connelly's books (except the dreadful The Reversal) but I couldn't finish this one. I got up to them following Tran to the lockbox place but I hit a wall and said "no more." I kinda skimmed the rest but didn't pick up anything except Eleanor's involved somehow. Who was the bad guy on the inside?

Hillary Really? You don't want to keep going, the end is really good...

Osvaldo Reyes Same opinion here. Trust us. Finish the book.

Gordon Paisley Seriously--we just can do that--it really is worth the read.

message 5: by Red (new) - rated it 3 stars

Red Heaven SPOIIIIIILLLLLLLLL IIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT :D

Hillary Briefly ... Rourke, all ties back to a single unit in Vietnam, and Eleanor's brother. You know from later novels that Eleanor is "former FBI agent" after this novel, so that she is involved but lives through it is no surprise. This novel really sets up the core of Bosch's ethics - the impact of both his Vietnam service, and his history as a boy nobody cared about, and how that feeds his police work from then on. This ending is more to set up Bosch that it is really for the mystery, which is why I recommend reading it. The ending, and what he does with what he now knows, is really profoundly about him. The only other book really like it, for me, is Angel's Flight which is my favorite. If you felt the core of Angel's Flight, you will appreciate the ending of Black Echo.

message 7: by Red (new) - rated it 3 stars

Red Heaven Thanks. I caught some hints on various websites but like I said, I really hit the wall with the book. It didn't help that I was reading the omnibus edition of the first three novels and the pages are larger so psychologically it's more of an effort to read. I was also trying to finish it in a couple of days. I may go back to it at some point.