David Estes Fans and YA Book Lovers Unite! discussion

Buddy Reads! > Origin by Jennifer Armentrout

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jen (last edited Sep 18, 2013 05:33PM) (new)

Jen (jenwesner) | 1222 comments Ruby and I will be starting a buddy read of Origin by Jennifer Armentrout on August 27 - the day the book is released. This is the 4th installment of the Lux series.

Join in with comments below, and be sure to use spoiler tags ((view spoiler)) - you can find the formatting instructions to the right of the comment box.

Can't wait to find out what happened to Daemon and Katy!

message 2: by Ruby (new)

Ruby Black (ruby_black) YAY! Join Us...a new group member Nicole (just joined today) is joining us as well! Be sure to give her your warmest welcome (we are awesome like that)

message 3: by Ruby (new)

Ruby Black (ruby_black) Tomorrow is the DAY!! YAY

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) I've already read it but I will be sure to join in the discussion. Hope you love it as much as I did.

message 5: by **Nicole (new)

**Nicole (nicolep6) | 4 comments OK ay I'm here...except I'm stuck working and haven't started Origin yet..:(
ANd Kayleigh... I'm so damned jealous you already read it!!! LOL

message 6: by Maira (new)

Maira | 100 comments i jst started reading the book it is awesome.

message 7: by Ruby (new)

Ruby Black (ruby_black) I just got it!!!

message 8: by Simmaron (new)

Simmaron (mybookedlife) | 66 comments @Ruby same pinch :D I just got it too!!

message 9: by Ruby (new)

Ruby Black (ruby_black) YAY!

message 10: by Ruby (new)

Ruby Black (ruby_black) So excited!

message 11: by Simmaron (new)

Simmaron (mybookedlife) | 66 comments I just want to know that what happens to daemon and Katy? Do they end up together or not!! :/

message 12: by **Nicole (new)

**Nicole (nicolep6) | 4 comments ok.. not giving anything away here, BUT..... if anyone hasn't read Obsession... go read it now... Hunter and Daemon..yum (togeather again)
On another note... I am officially sick at what Katy has to do....

message 13: by Ruby (new)

Ruby Black (ruby_black) Nicole wrote: "ok.. not giving anything away here, BUT..... if anyone hasn't read Obsession... go read it now... Hunter and Daemon..yum (togeather again)
On another note... I am officially sick at what Katy has ..."

OMG ! You are already in!

message 14: by Ruby (new)

Ruby Black (ruby_black) I have to catch up asap!

message 15: by **Nicole (new)

**Nicole (nicolep6) | 4 comments Ruby wrote: "I have to catch up asap!"

I am dying to pick up origin again... where are you???

message 16: by Ruby (new)

Ruby Black (ruby_black) Nicole wrote: "Ruby wrote: "I have to catch up asap!"

I am dying to pick up origin again... where are you???"

I am at (view spoiler)

message 17: by Jen (new)

Jen (jenwesner) | 1222 comments OK, I'm 53 pages in. But it's been awhile since I read the previous one (Opal?) so I'm trying to remember the characters - Archer, is he the one that was Katy's mother's fiance? I'm thinking not. Are Chris and Luc the two who were together and one broke the other (plus Bethany) out of Mount Weather? And Matthew was the teacher who was also in charge of Dameon, Dawson, Dee, etc., right? I think I know who the rest are, but these few are giving me trouble. I can tell good/bad within the context, but can someone enlighten me?

message 18: by Simmaron (new)

Simmaron (mybookedlife) | 66 comments Archer wasn't there in earlier books. He just entered the Lux series. Chris was the one who mutated Blake. And Blake helped everyone so that he can rescue Chris with Bethany. Luc was the hybrid with whom Daemon and Katy met in a club or disco and he helped them to plot the rescue plan. He had the maps and all. Matthew is the guardian plus teacher, you were right about that. And it was Michael or someone (can't remember the name exactly) who was Katy's mother' fiancé plus he was Beth's uncle.

message 19: by Jen (new)

Jen (jenwesner) | 1222 comments Ah! Thank you! I do remember Luc now - and I did remember that Blake was the guy who betrayed them at Mt. Weather. I've just gotten to the part about Archer, so that question has been answered.

(view spoiler)

message 20: by Jen (new)

Jen (jenwesner) | 1222 comments Up to p. 190 - (view spoiler)

message 21: by Ruby (new)

Ruby Black (ruby_black) Jen wrote: "Up to p. 190 - [spoilers removed]"

OMG I have to play catch up!! Not there yet!

message 22: by Jen (new)

Jen (jenwesner) | 1222 comments Chapter 27 - (view spoiler)

message 23: by Jen (new)

Jen (jenwesner) | 1222 comments Finished. Whoa. What an ending.

message 24: by Sophia (new)

Sophia (Bookwyrming Thoughts) (bookwyrmingthoughts) | 386 comments I need to play catch up... with the entire series! O_o

Reading schedule gets altered again. Fantabulous. though... I might get started on Obsidian sometime soon after all...

so many good books, so litle time :o

message 25: by **Nicole (new)

**Nicole (nicolep6) | 4 comments finished earlier today and I still haven't caught my breath..

message 26: by Ruby (new)

Ruby Black (ruby_black) @Nicole and @Jen you girls are windy speed readers! I am barely half way through!

message 27: by Ruby (new)

Ruby Black (ruby_black) AMAZING! I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT!!!! - ugh I don't like cliffhangers