Speaker Geeks! discussion

What Do You Think (General)? > Who is more complicated?

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Evan (new)

Evan (sampsom) | 578 comments First. I think it is hard to define complicated.

Second. I think it depends on the individual. A few in one Gender could be more complicated than others in another. I for one am probably more complicated than women. But then there are probably some who are more complicated than me.

message 2: by Evan (new)

Evan (sampsom) | 578 comments I would probably say women. But that could be because I'm not one of them so I don't understand them as much.

message 3: by Victor (new)

Victor (ace-geek) I've heard so many jokes about how women are more complicated but I'm not sure myself.

message 4: by Victor (new)

Victor (ace-geek) I think it's just comparing apples to oranges. Our minds are different and we're just kind of alien to each other sometimes. The complication is more miscommunication to me.

message 5: by Ella (new)

Ella (AWholeLotofNothing) | 386 comments Perhaps socially, women are "allowed" to act more complex than men. (??)

message 6: by Victor (new)

Victor (ace-geek) Lia wrote: "Adrian wrote: "I think it's just comparing apples to oranges. Our minds are different and we're just kind of alien to each other sometimes. The complication is more miscommunication to me."

^ Haha..."

The female psyche is equally alien to me. Has anyone seen the "Her journal vs his journal" thing online?

message 7: by Victor (last edited Aug 23, 2013 02:42PM) (new)

Victor (ace-geek) Lia wrote: "Was it that video were men and women were talking about how they perceived their dates?"

No, it's a picture showing the journals of a woman and her boyfriend/husband for the same day. The woman is worried because the man is distant and uninterested in her and the entry goes on and on.

His entry says that his bike won't crank and he doesn't know why. That's it. The joke picks on the linear male mind and the emotional female mind.

message 8: by Ella (new)

Ella (AWholeLotofNothing) | 386 comments @Lia

Well, society deems it acceptable for women/girls to show more emotion (more complexity), and the opposite for boys/men. So my thought was that both women and men are complex, but we simply show our complexities on different levels.

message 9: by Billy (new)

Billy | 195 comments To be honest I think girls are more "complicated"....so much high school drama at my school its crazy.

Guys are easier.

This is strictly looking from a high school standpoint though .

message 10: by Leah, I'm HI-larious! (Head Mod) (new)

Leah | 3478 comments Mod
That would make an interesting concept for a poem or story or something (gossip as food)!

message 11: by Leah, I'm HI-larious! (Head Mod) (new)

Leah | 3478 comments Mod
I'm going to try it! :D I'll post it if I end up actually liking it!

message 12: by Chantae (new)

Chantae B. | 51 comments To men women are complicated
To women men are complicated

message 13: by Chantae (new)

Chantae B. | 51 comments @ Alex that's okay
Some women understand men more than women for me it's just the person

message 14: by Carolina (new)

Carolina Morales (carriemorales) | 69 comments I think both are complicated once each gender's logic is different and nowadays' individualism brings along a collateral damage of lack of emphaty.

message 15: by Xdyj (new)

Xdyj | 127 comments How do people define the word "complicated"? Is there any objective way of measuring a person's "complexity"?